Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Red face I've been at my new job for just under a month now, and I swear...............the deodorizer in the

men's bathroom smells great!

It smells better than a lot of colognes I have come across.

It is so weird, I am tempted to open up that little auto-sprayer high on the wall and see what the janitor is putting up there.

Anyone out there come across some great aromas/scents in the oddest places?

I remember the first time I tried Givenchy's....what's it called.....uh, the purple one, it smelled like a carpet shampoo my mother used at home.

Also, the first time I tried Eau Cologne Imperiale-Extra Dry by Guerlain, all I could think of was Tang, the orange drink I consumed in large quanities as a brat, before adding water.

Default Re: I've been at my new job for just under a month now, and I swear...............the deodorizer in

Spray the deodorizer on your wrists and see how the sillage and the longevity is. Give us an insightful review! lol

Default Re: I've been at my new job for just under a month now, and I swear...............the deodorizer in

There's a very cheap dishwashing liquid called "Alio Classic" (the blue bottle; offered by ALDI Süd in Germany) that smells uncannilly like GIT. Not even like Cool Water, I mean like slightly softer GIT... It boggles my mind but I'm not kidding.

Brilliant topic title!
    Acqua di Giò is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

I recently stopped using a fabric softener because it reminded me so heavily of Serge Lutens' Arabie. Once perfume houses were striving to make their creations smell like detergents, now it appears to be the other way round...

Sur la Plage

I was working at a client site recently where their bathrooms smelled like Dior Homme.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I think Pledge the furniture polish smells nice. Is there anything like it but more natural feel?

And my work has atomizers that smell quite nice too. I have to check to see what they are.

The air freshener in the toilets at my work smell like cool water/GIT.

Also at college the soap dispenser, not sure what it smells like but it's actually one of the nicest smelling things i can think of, after washing my hands i have to keep sniffing them!

There is a mall in town where the bathroom air sprayers(whatever they are called) omit Le Male. The first time that I noticed it, I thought it must be somebody that was in there or had sprayed on themselves right before I went in there. The next week my wife and I were in the mall again and the bathroom had the same smell. weird

Slightly off-topic, but this reminds me, and I mean it in all seriousness, about quite a few threads regarding the topic about "the wildest smells you were ever complimented on", and, strangely or not, besides frags/perfumes/colognes, Basenoters were actually even complimented for the smell of deodorants, soaps, deodorizers, antiperspirants, foods, spices, shaving cream, incense sticks, essential oils, various other cosmetics and more

AromiErotici

I use a spray cleaner at work to wipe down surfaces and it is very similar to the opening of Cool Water. It is amplified mind you, but very, very similar.

There is this English Lavendar soap in Famous Daves that smells amazing
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Well, let's just say the big four have to push their formulas somewhere...

And no matter how good the deodorizer is I think its mostly the top notes that you're smelling. But I certainly don't fancy smelling like a men's toilet no matter how "well-deodorized" it is. LOL.

This tells you how many fragrance and detergent/cleaner companies share the same aromachemicals. A good example is the white musk so prevalent.

Quote Originally Posted by damageinc View Post
    There is a mall in town where the bathroom air sprayers(whatever they are called) omit Le Male. The first time that I noticed it, I thought it must be somebody that was in there or had sprayed on themselves right before I went in there. The next week my wife and I were in the mall again and the bathroom had the same smell. weird
    I always thought Le Male smells like bathrooms

Quote Originally Posted by Siifter View Post
    Spray the deodorizer on your wrists and see how the sillage and the longevity is. Give us an insightful review! lol
    If the longevity and sillage are ok you could go into the bathroom every morning and get a spritz of it on your wrists, neck, and chest. You'd save quite a bit of money that way. Just look at it as another fringe benefit of working there.

My toilet deodorizer has an uncanny resemblance to D.R Harris Arlington

The new green "apple blossom scented" Dawn dishwashing liquid would make a good fresh scent that by the sheer fact it doesn't smell like melons might actually have me wearing it if it were an actual perfume. (and I don't really like food-flavored scents for the most part.)
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

When you consider that both the fragrance compounds and composers work in both industrial and cosmetic products it's easy to see how this happens. Anyone know where I can get a laundry detergent that smells like Carnal Flower? ;-) Or a bathroom cleaner that smells like Mugler's Cologne?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blondex199667 View Post
    When you consider that both the fragrance compounds and composers work in both industrial and cosmetic products it's easy to see how this happens. Anyone know where I can get a laundry detergent that smells like Carnal Flower? ;-) Or a bathroom cleaner that smells like Mugler's Cologne?
    I've heard people say that Mugler cologne smells like Irish Spring soap.

Here in Spain there is a shower gel called "Sanex 0" that smells like "French Lover"

Blog Entries

Or a bathroom cleaner that smells like Mugler's Cologne?
    The first time I tried Mugler Cologne it reminded me of a bathroom cleaner we used at a skating rink (my very first job). I dismissed it because of that association. A few months after that I was in Nordstrom & I gave Mugler Cologne another sniff. It didn't smell at all like the skating rink cleaner this time. My guess is the bottle I had originally sampled had gone off a bit.

The womens' restroom @ my work smells like that Sunflowers perfume that all teens were wearing in the early '90s.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Well, down here Dior's Fahrenheit is the default scent when it comes to bathroom deodorizers. I even spotted a store selling a room deodorizer after Lanvin's Arpege!!!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_Man View Post
    This tells you how many fragrance and detergent/cleaner companies share the same aromachemicals.
    agree 1000%

What was once a groundbreaking innovation eventually becomes more commonplace and affordable to implement in mass market applications.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

What no Kouros jokes yet? People say it smells like those urinal freshner pucks, but I disagree.
    Seriously it isn't that hard to get these scent associations. Look at our association of pine scents with Pine Sol cleaner. Imagine if they started using something that smells like Acqua di Gio to clean toilets. Would anyone still want to wear it as a cologne?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells View Post
    What no Kouros jokes yet? People say it smells like those urinal freshner pucks, but I disagree.
    Seriously it isn't that hard to get these scent associations. Look at our association of pine scents with Pine Sol cleaner. Imagine if they started using something that smells like Acqua di Gio to clean toilets. Would anyone still want to wear it as a cologne?
    I understand what you are getting at but you know if you keep marketing with a "big name" brand behind it, a big media personality to associate with it and a media blitz, well then, you can have people like young girls plop down a lot of their parents money for it.

Like getting young women to buy those UGG boots that look like they would only be useful for an eskimo yet I see girls wearing them here in sunny So. Cal in the middle of a sunny day!

Quote Originally Posted by gabystie View Post
    I think Pledge the furniture polish smells nice. Is there anything like it but more natural feel?
    My friends had said that Tommy Jeans smelled like furniture polish.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

We have a cat at work. Last Friday he got treated for ear mites. Later on that evening he jumped up on my desk for some attention and I caught a whiff of something very familiar. I petted him a bit and sent him off. The smell stayed, and when I sniffed my hand I got the distinct impression of Habit Rouge! Less sophisticated, but HR nonetheless. It set me to laughing...
    "You just keep me hangin' on." -- Farewell, Lou.

I swear I've been to a Starbuck's bathroom or something like it, where the hand soap or sanitizer fragrance is a blatant reverse engineering of Silver Mountain Water...unless of course...

TA DAH! Silver Mountain Water is a clone of a public restroom hygiene product!