Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Habit Rouge Beau Cavalier is almost gone!

Habit Rouge Alert! This limited edition release of Habit Rouge Beau Cavalier is almost gone and if you want one you better act quickly - according to the Guerlain rep at Niemans!

I procured my bottle of Habit Rouge Beau Cavalier edition earlier this year, based on glowing reviews and they are right, it is good. The oud in the base adds unusual richness to this classic. It is a fantastic version of Habit Rouge that may be the best in the series.

The Guerlain rep at Nieman's tells me that this was a limited edition release and they only have one bottle left - nationwide!? I don't know if it was just a sales ploy, but she says it's almost completely gone from the world of retail.

She also insists that HR Beau Cavalier is a different formula from the EDP. She did a side by side test for me on my skin to show me the difference HR EDP vs. HR Beau Cavalier - it is subtle but yes it is different, deeper, fuller in scent in the base. She said this fragrance will never be released again and it is very close to sold out world wide.

The Guerlain rep whispers to me that anyone who likes it should purchase a backup bottle, or two, because like the Brooks and Dunn song says "You're gonna miss me when I'm gone!" So true!

Default Re: Habit Rouge Beau Cavalier is almost gone!

Is it possible to find this online?

Post Thanks / Like

Did a google shopping search ... No results ...

Even in France it's not available online. I think it is indeed gone. But the EDP in the red leather is from Buzzle's description pretty close, if not as deep, so I won't wail and gnash my teeth about missing this one... I have the EDP and a vintage EDT version so I think I'll survive. Maybe.
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

SAs say so much, and when they do, they have suggestive power. Beau Cavalier is exactly the same juice as normal EdP bottled differently. Basta.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    Habit Rouge Alert!The Guerlain rep at Nieman's tells me that this was a limited edition release and they only have one bottle left- nationwide!?
    [...]
    The Guerlain rep whispers to me that anyone who likes it should purchase a backup bottle, or two
    Hmm, something doesn't add up here!
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. G View Post
    SAs say so much, and when they do, they have suggestive power. Beau Cavalier is exactly the same juice as normal EdP bottled differently. Basta.
    I've got the EdP in the red leather wrapped bottle. So it's the juice as Beau Cavalier?

So I don't need to go crazy and fine a now rare Beau Cavalier... that's good news! (glad I don't collect for the bottles or I'd be sad right now.) Mr. G hath spoken!
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore

Post Thanks / Like

If only new that this one would get so hard to find... I had a chance to buy it for a great discount price when it was launched, from a french seller that is my friend, but i let this go away

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it always was and still is my understanding that the EDP we all know about is the Beau Cavalier version.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 11th October 2010 at 03:34 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Some people like the shiny "battle armour" of the Beau Cavalier! I like the little stirrups all over the bottle.

I don't know just how many bottles are still out there, but it is getting harder to find.
    Last edited by Primrose; 11th October 2010 at 05:47 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like

Wearing it today and already backed it up a couple of months ago. A standout favorite of mine. Much smoother than the EdT.

It's out there, but it has to be dug out- store by store. Making matters worse, the
    box looks very, very similar to the EdT box, and has "Beau Cavalier" in small red type on a red box. With my vision, from 4 feet away, it was illegible.

If interested, get thee to a Saks, or whoever carries Guerlain in some depth in your area. Sephora never seems to have much of anything outside of Vetiver and Homme.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Yes, it always was and still is my understanding that the EDP we all know about is the Beau Cavalier version.
    I've heard this too LiveJazz but, the Guerlain salesperson at Nieman's said that they are indeed different scents. I've worked with her before on Guerlain and I know she really knows the whole line in depth. I told her that many on basenotes are saying it's the same as the edp - she insists it is different. She sprayed the edp on my right arm and Beau Cavalier on my left and asked me to smell. I could smell a difference - it was subtle but it did smell more luxurious and deeper than the edp. Of course this could be a matter of her suggestion to me, and it could be the intensity of the spray of each - but anyway she is very insistent that the Beau Cavalier is a limited edition of HR that is similar to edp, but is different in formula.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    I've heard this too LiveJazz but, the Guerlain salesperson at Nieman's said that they are indeed different scents. I've worked with her before on Guerlain and I know she really knows the whole line in depth. I told her that many on basenotes are saying it's the same as the edp - she insists it is different. She sprayed the edp on my right arm and Beau Cavalier on my left and asked me to smell. I could smell a difference - it was subtle but it did smell more luxurious and deeper than the edp. Of course this could be a matter of her suggestion to me, and it could be the intensity of the spray of each - but anyway she is very insistent that the Beau Cavalier is a limited edition of HR that is similar to edp, but is different in formula.
    Isn't it that the new edp - not in the red leather holder - has been reformulated. I think there was another thread about this. The original edp (red leather) and Beau Cavalier are the same but the new edp (regular glass bottle) may have been slightly reformulated.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/260...P-Reformulated
    Last edited by dmarino67; 11th October 2010 at 11:09 PM. Reason: added link

I would've figured Mr. G's word on this was pretty final. Maybe he'll come in and clear up the confusion, he's the "one source" for all things Guerlain.

I would say if you love Beau Cavalier, buy a backup when you locate a bottle. I would call a boutique first off.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Primrose, buying a backup bottle certainly makes sense to me.

That is what I thought too is just this is a limited edition silver plated bottle but it is the same EDP -

Also the new current edition of the EDP is no longer has the bottle covered in red leather -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Also the new current edition of the EDP is no longer has the bottle covered in red leather -
    Are they reformulating the leather - and replacing it with Pleather or Naugahyde?

Teddius