Code of Conduct

Default Chanel Platinum Egoiste + D&G The One = Creed Aventus.

So some people said Creed Aventus smells like Chanel Platinum Egoiste and D&G The One combined. Creeds Aventus to me smells soo fresh and delicious from the beginning. However; the drydown smells very close to Egoiste and The One combined. VERY close. haha.

I mixed them together today, and it smells pretty good combined i think... haha. Creed Aventus still much much better.

Default Re: Chanel Platinum Egoiste + D&G The One = Creed Aventus.

Never tried Platinum Egoiste, but I get a lot of sweet vanilla tobacco and some wood in The One, and I don't in Aventus.

Besides the pineapple and other "fruitiness" in the top of Aventus, I find it pretty tough to describe.

I disagree I think this fragrance is too unique to be classified like that. The pineapple is very unique , it is nothing like anything I have smelled.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    I disagree I think this fragrance is too unique to be classified like that. The pineapple is very unique , it is nothing like anything I have smelled.
    pineapples smell like pineapples!

Quote Originally Posted by Slushiex3 View Post
    I am aware i am referring to fragrance lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Slushiex3 View Post
    It must be a very unique pineapple.

I really take that back. I started this post. Aventus does not smell like the TWO combined. Aventus is soooo delicious.......

Mistawho now you've just made me want Aventus even more. When is it going to be available in the grey market

Quote Originally Posted by Mistawho View Post
    I really take that back. I started this post. Aventus does not smell like the TWO combined. Aventus is soooo delicious.......
    This. Only disappointment for me is I should of got the 8oz flacon, and not the 4oz.

Creed aventus is in its own. Amazing scent. Nothing like it!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by davidbond007 View Post
    i disagree i think this fragrance is too unique to be classified like that. The pineapple is very unique , it is nothing like anything i have smelled.

its a shame aventus will lose its top notes in 1-2 years and those that bought it just because of that will want their money back similar to what happens with MI and GIT,

I'll take a 30 ml /50 ml expecting to finish it within a year or 2
    Looking to purchase - Aventus any size or participate in a split

I don't think Aventus smells as good as either of the two mentioned.

Once you get past the novely of smelling like a pineapple (surely you could get the same effect with a tin from Del Monte???) you are left with a very ordinary fragrance that doesn't last a fraction as long as either the Chanel or the D&G.

If this wasn't produced by Creed it would be derided as rubbish. A definite Emperor's New Clothes scenario.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by ctran019 View Post
    its a shame aventus will lose its top notes in 1-2 years and those that bought it just because of that will want their money back similar to what happens with MI and GIT,

I'll take a 30 ml /50 ml expecting to finish it within a year or 2
    ctran. How do you know? Has anyone had Aventus for 1-2 years yet? It's only been out for like 4-5 months now.

You also don't own MI or GIT. So how do you also know? Based on what you read? My bottle of GIT is about 3 years old and my bottle of MI is about 5 years old. They still have their top notes and still fresh. Oh and my Virgin Island Water still smells the same too and it's 2 years old.

The only colognes that have changed on me is CK Eternity (13 years bottle) and my DKNY Be Delcious (6 years). They lost there freshness and openings. I still use them occasionally because they still smell good, just not as fresh as they use to be.
    Last edited by Mistawho; 16th November 2010 at 09:54 PM.

Well said!!! Also top notes are apparent during drydown which is unusual , i think that is what makes it so uniuque as well. It may not have a dry down like bois du portugal but it is def powerhouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistawho View Post
    ctran. How do you know? Has anyone had aventus for 1-2 years yet? It's only been out for like 4-5 months now.

You also don't own mi or git. So how do you also know? Based on what you read? My bottle of git is about 3 years old and my bottle of mi is about 5 years old. They still have their top notes and still fresh. Oh and my virgin island water still smells the same too and it's 2 years old.

The only colognes that have changed on me is ck eternity (13 years bottle) and my dkny be delcious (6 years). They lost there freshness and openings. I still use them occasionally because they still smell good, just not as fresh as they use to be.

Also where are your bottles kept in your bathroom. Frags should be kept in a place that is away from heat and excessive light. I keep mine in a shelf in my closet. Never had a prob with mi , which i do agree is not a powerhouse frag but that is how it is intended , people like frags that have a light sweet drydown , not an overpowering frag that may give them a headache or they may only want people who come real close to them to smell it. Which is understandable.