Code of Conduct

Default Light Weight Bottle of Rive Gauche.

I just bought a 4.2 bottle of Rive Gauche. Its incredibly lightweight for being 4.2 However it is aluminum and with no glass or heavier metals. In spite of this, it is suspiciously light and feels like there is less liquid than there should be for 4.2 oz.

It was sealed in box as far as I know new from the store.

Default Re: Light Weight Bottle of Rive Gauche.

Hey i read a thread about this previously they said all rive gauche bottles feel very light for some reason. So i say don't worry bout it! i was tempted to buy one at this pefume signature stand but, they always open the wrapping from the back and put it together with a sticker and then they spray it for u to test. and you dont know how many people tested it before and i felt the cann and thought it was light. And then i read that thread so like i said, i'd say dont worry bout it

So many people ask this. Perfumes in cans are much lighter than ones in glass bottles or what have you. Same applies for montales.

Yeah, I noticed that too, but you can test it - half a can of Red Bull is 4.2 oz

I guess Its real. Oh but the longevity/sillage on me! Its not what hyped to be. Olfactory fatigue?

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    I guess Its real. Oh but the longevity/sillage on me! Its not what hyped to be. Olfactory fatigue?
    Perhaps it is olfactory fatigue. Go with less sprays and avoid spraying too close to your neck. I find RGPH to be extremely potent stuff.

I've had this same experience....best I can tell, it's as advertised

1. It feels light. Don't worry, it's full.
    2. Gotta be fatigue, this stuff is a powerhouse.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    1. It feels light. Don't worry, it's full.
    2. Gotta be fatigue, this stuff is a powerhouse.
    Ditto.
    1. The aluminum can was something I had to get used to as well. Hate it when I compare to my pretty and substantially heavy bottles but when I have a lot of stuff in my manbag, its "lightness" comes in handy, its a quick choice to be my SOTD.
    2. Love it and all, but its pretty strong so I tend to overspray and I get the same feeling. I have to be easy on the trigger finger on RG days. Also one of those frags that I might not be smelling on me any more but chances are, the person next to me and two people even further can still do so.