Code of Conduct

Default Sarah Horowitz parfums bespoke frag - opinions?

Hi all,

I got an offer to sign up for a "personal fragrance journey" with Sarah Horowitz parfums here in Los Angeles at a large discount ($200, normal price $500). It's an 1 - 1.5 hour-long consultation, ending with you taking home a 1 oz bottle of a bespoke fragrance (and the recipe!) that she creates after quizzing you on favorite colors, foods, etc...

I'm thinking about signing up for this, as $200 for a bespoke frag sounds reasonable and a lot of fun, but I have two questions first:

1) Has anyone tried anything from SHP before? Are any of them good offerings for fans of masculine frags? I checked the website, and it looks like she only produces feminine-tinged fragrances. Now, I'll wear a floral proudly, but I definitely tend more towards masculine scents. Any thoughts?

2) What would your bespoke fragrance smell like? I've been thinking about a bracing opening, maybe a with some greenery, a la Blenheim Bouquet, with a nice floral spicy heart, with some rose, maybe some iris, and it would dry down to a nice cedar/sandalwood combo, creamy and woody.

I'd love you hear y'all's thoughts on this. I'm pretty excited about this opportunity!

Default Re: Sarah Horowitz parfums bespoke frag - opinions?

Dear Al Gae,

I hope this response isn't too late for your purposes, but I received a gift certificate for an online "fragrance journey" and received three different perfume oils in the mail. I liked the fragrances and have just ordered one of the three in an eau de parfum. Obviously, I have yet to receive my choice, but I was very pleased with the three perfume oils I got after I filled out the questionnaire.

I think you'd be pleased based on my experience, but I have to warn you that I do like girly (or womanly) perfumes, e.g., Mitsouko, Habanita. However, I also like lighter fragrances like Duende and Guerlain's vetiver, particularly for Southern summers. And the No. 2 choice reflected my desire for a slightly fruity, aquatic, fresh scent. So if it's not too late, I'd recommend you give it a shot.

Best,

Ilsa

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gae View Post
    Hi all,

I got an offer to sign up for a "personal fragrance journey" with Sarah Horowitz parfums here in Los Angeles at a large discount ($200, normal price $500). It's an 1 - 1.5 hour-long consultation, ending with you taking home a 1 oz bottle of a bespoke fragrance (and the recipe!) that she creates after quizzing you on favorite colors, foods, etc...

I'm thinking about signing up for this, as $200 for a bespoke frag sounds reasonable and a lot of fun, but I have two questions first:

1) Has anyone tried anything from SHP before? Are any of them good offerings for fans of masculine frags? I checked the website, and it looks like she only produces feminine-tinged fragrances. Now, I'll wear a floral proudly, but I definitely tend more towards masculine scents. Any thoughts?

2) What would your bespoke fragrance smell like? I've been thinking about a bracing opening, maybe a with some greenery, a la Blenheim Bouquet, with a nice floral spicy heart, with some rose, maybe some iris, and it would dry down to a nice cedar/sandalwood combo, creamy and woody.

I'd love you hear y'all's thoughts on this. I'm pretty excited about this opportunity!