Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 27 of 27
  1. #1

    Question Trip to Neimun Marcus. What to try?

    Okay guys, i deleted the naiman marcus trip details. I'm gonna make this thread my official thread lol. If only i could change the title.

    Okay, i bought samples from luckyscent and the ones that stood out the most to me were Philosykos and Heeley Cuir Pleeine Fleur. I prefer Philosykos and wanted to ask those who have Phylosykos about the longevity and projection.How long does Phylosikos last and the range of projection? Thanks.



    Samples I bought:
    Dia Man
    Gold Man
    Silver Man
    Memoir Man
    Back to Black
    Eau d’Italie Bois d’Ombrie
    Knize Ten
    Carthusia Uomo
    Comme des Garcon 2
    Comme des Garcons 2 MAN
    Comme des Garcons Series 2 Sequoia
    Comme des Garcons Series 3: Incense Avignon
    Diptyque Philosykos
    Diptyque Eau Duelle
    Eau d’Italie Sienne l’Hiver
    Etat Libre d’Orange Fat Electrician
    Etat Libre d’Orange Secretions Magnifiques
    HEELEY Cuir Pleine Fleur
    HEELEY Sel Marin
    Le Labo Rose 31
    Le Labo Fleur D'Oranger 27
    Mona di Orio Cuir - Les Nombres d’Or
    Montale Chocolate Greedy
    Montale Aoud Lime
    Odin 02 Owari
    Penhaligons Sartorial
    Tauer Perfumes L'Air du desert marocain
    Tauer Perfumes Lonestar Memories
    Last edited by gabystie; 7th April 2011 at 05:29 PM.

  2. #2
    Neurosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I don't have the accent, Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Trip to Neimun Marcus. What to try?

    Chergui is great and I wish Tom Ford would email me back about Tobacco Vanille...seems like a good list overall

  3. #3

    Default Re: Trip to Neimun Marcus. What to try?

    I would try everything by Creed. Pay close attention to Terre D'Hermes (Pure Parfum) and Voyage D'Hermes. Let me know how you like Voyage.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Trip to Neimun Marcus. What to try?

    Next time I hit there, I'm trying Chanel Bleu and Van Cleef and Arpels Midnight in Paris

  5. #5

    Default Re: Trip to Neimun Marcus. What to try?

    I just ventured to the N.M. in Scottsdale, AZ and was able to pick up samples of G.I.T., Millisime Imperial, Bois du Portugal, Tobacco Vanille, Bois Marocain, and Oud Wood. They had a lot of the Tom Ford Private Collection but I didn't want to overstay my welcome by testing out everything. The Tom Ford samples they gave me are cool because they are the 4ml bottles that are about half full. So I ended up walking away with about 6ml of Tom Ford samples in addition to the Creeds. The SA's at this Neiman Marcus are fantastic and very helpful. I had also made a trip to Sak's just before N.M. and once the Sak's SA's realized that I was just browsing they kind of snubbed me - almost the exact opposite of the Neiman Marcus folks.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Trip to Neimun Marcus. What to try?

    Quote Originally Posted by jbthorpe View Post
    I just ventured to the N.M. in Scottsdale, AZ and was able to pick up samples of G.I.T., Millisime Imperial, Bois du Portugal, Tobacco Vanille, Bois Marocain, and Oud Wood. They had a lot of the Tom Ford Private Collection but I didn't want to overstay my welcome by testing out everything. The Tom Ford samples they gave me are cool because they are the 4ml bottles that are about half full. So I ended up walking away with about 6ml of Tom Ford samples in addition to the Creeds. The SA's at this Neiman Marcus are fantastic and very helpful. I had also made a trip to Sak's just before N.M. and once the Sak's SA's realized that I was just browsing they kind of snubbed me - almost the exact opposite of the Neiman Marcus folks.
    Haha, thats what I'm afraid of. I don't want to show up and make them feel like I'm wasting their time. I guess it's better for me to try one house at a time. That has happened to me, where SA's kind of ignore me and assist another costumer, but they kindly as for my permission. I just tell them to go ahead, it gives me more time to test fragrances and it's better than having them stalk you.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Trip to Neimun Marcus. What to try?

    How strange. My trips to the local NM are usually met with snooty SAs.

    The cosmetics personnel are all dolled up and think they cannot be bothered to show me something I want to see.

    They are lucky that I know what I want to buy. Once, I was interested in an item, and the SA was unpleasant about it, as if I was taking time away from her day. Then I went back and bought the item...from another SA.

    The sales staff of any retail company needs to know that they serve "us": the customer. I buy where I get good customer service, and don't buy where to service is less than cordial.

    Happy shopping!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Trip to Neimun Marcus. What to try?

    Quote Originally Posted by gabystie View Post
    Guys, I want to go to Neimun Marcus this week or next and try some niche scents or whatever scents they have. I wanted to know if you could give me names of some fragrances that i should try when I'm there. Right now here is my list:

    Chergui
    Aventus
    Virgin Island Water
    Orange D'Verte
    Jardin sur Le Nil and everything else by Hermes
    Tom Ford Tabaco Vanille
    Musc Ravageur(spelling?)
    Bigarade Concentree
    Sounds like it will be a fun trip. I believe you won't find the last two on your list (Musc Ravageur and Bigarade Concentree) at Neiman's -- as far as I know the Frederic Malle line is exclusive to Barneys in the USA.

    Some Serge Lutens to try besides Chergui include Gris Clair, Chene, and Cuir Mauresque. (If one of these appeals to you, an SA may be able to point you to additional ones worth trying.)

    Other possibilities you may find in stock (you can read about them here to see if they seem worth a sniff):

    Aqua di Parma - Colonia and Colonia Assoluta
    the Atelier Colognes (Orange Sanguine might be that "zesty" orange fragrance you're seeking)
    Classics from Guerlain like Habit Rouge, Heritage, Vetiver, maybe Mouchoir de Monsieur (if you'll try something really old-school), maybe Mitsouko (if you'll try something labelled for women)
    Fou d'Absinthe and Tea for Two from L'Artisan Parfumeur

    It's the SA's job to assist you as you consider possible purchases, and a good SA will provide information and samples without pressing you to buy on the spot. Conversely, if an SA provides good service and helps you identify a scent you love, I hope you will reward him or her with your business when you are ready to buy.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

  9. #9

    Default Re: Trip to Neimun Marcus. What to try?

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSC View Post
    Sounds like it will be a fun trip. I believe you won't find the last two on your list (Musc Ravageur and Bigarade Concentree) at Neiman's -- as far as I know the Frederic Malle line is exclusive to Barneys in the USA.

    Some Serge Lutens to try besides Chergui include Gris Clair, Chene, and Cuir Mauresque. (If one of these appeals to you, an SA may be able to point you to additional ones worth trying.)

    Other possibilities you may find in stock (you can read about them here to see if they seem worth a sniff):

    Aqua di Parma - Colonia and Colonia Assoluta
    the Atelier Colognes (Orange Sanguine might be that "zesty" orange fragrance you're seeking)
    Classics from Guerlain like Habit Rouge, Heritage, Vetiver, maybe Mouchoir de Monsieur (if you'll try something really old-school), maybe Mitsouko (if you'll try something labelled for women)
    Fou d'Absinthe and Tea for Two from L'Artisan Parfumeur

    It's the SA's job to assist you as you consider possible purchases, and a good SA will provide information and samples without pressing you to buy on the spot. Conversely, if an SA provides good service and helps you identify a scent you love, I hope you will reward him or her with your business when you are ready to buy.

    Thanks Pauly. I'm gonna write those down and read the reviews here on basenotes. Sucks about the last two, really wanted to try them. I have to see if theres a barneys somewhere here in my area.

    So far i haven't gotten bad experiences with the SA's. The only thing i don't like about them is that they follow you around, it almost feels like they're pressuring you to buy something, but I understand it's a costumer service thing. But I might go to Nordstorms again. The SA's there were really nice and greeted me right away with a smile and didn't seem pushy, and I kinda of liked how they were kissing my ass when i bought Pure Malt. lol

  10. #10
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,010

    Default Re: Trip to Neimun Marcus. What to try?

    Does your Neiman Marcus carry all of those fragrances? Not all of the stores carry the same stuff. Some carry Creed as their only "niche" fragrance.

    Happy sampling!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  11. #11

    Default Re: Trip to Neimun Marcus. What to try?

    Try as many Creeds as you can. Try TdH. Try the Cartier line. Try Halston Man Amber. Try the Acqua di Parma line. All of that should be there.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

  12. #12

    Default Re: Trip to Neimun Marcus. What to try?

    Here is a good testing list at Nieman's-

    VAN CLEEF & ARPELS - Bois d' Iris, and Midnight in Paris (they have both edp and edt)
    CREED - what's new? Aventus, etc.
    CARTIER - they pretty much have the whole line (Declaration, Roadster, Santos etc)
    DONNA KARAN - Wenge, Chaos, Black Cashmere
    GUERLAIN - they have the entire niche series from Guerlain. Highlights are: Cologne du Parfumer, Derby, Eau de Guerlain, Bois de Armenie, Spiriteuse Double Vanille, Sous l' Vent, ETC.
    BULGARI MAN - its new.
    TOM FORD - Vetiver, Oud Wood, Urban Musk, Japan Noir, Amber Absolute, Moss Breches (if they have it).
    HALSTON MAN AMBER - I got this there per ToughCool's raves.
    ANNICK GOUTAL (almost forgot it) - Ambre Fetische, Madragore Pourpre, Ninfea Mio, Vetiver, Sables.
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 11th October 2010 at 04:14 PM. Reason: forgot something

  13. #13

    Default Re: Trip to Neimun Marcus. What to try?

    Today i went to Neiman Marcus and bought Anventuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus!

    Well, they don't take mastercard so I needed to walk out to the atm and get some cash out. When I get back to the cashier she says, " I got you some samples" and I'm like "yes!". Then, she says, "Kiehls samples, they're facial cleaners to clean your face and for puffy and black eyes. Let me know how they do." WTF! my face looks fine and i use a neutrogena face wash, haha. I expected some Creed or Hermes samples. Just thought I share. LOL.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Trip to Neimun Marcus. What to try?

    Quote Originally Posted by gabystie View Post
    Today i went to Neiman Marcus and bought Anventuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus!

    Well, they don't take mastercard so I needed to walk out to the atm and get some cash out. When I get back to the cashier she says, " I got you some samples" and I'm like "yes!". Then, she says, "Kiehls samples, they're facial cleaners to clean your face and for puffy and black eyes. Let me know how they do." WTF! my face looks fine and i use a neutrogena face wash, haha. I expected some Creed or Hermes samples. Just thought I share. LOL.
    SA's are more inclined to throw samples at you AFTER you purchase something in my experience. All you have to do is be polite and ask for them. In your case, since you bought a bottle of Aventus, you could have gotten a bunch from Creed.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Trip to Neimun Marcus. What to try?

    I've been to that Fashion Square NM in AZ as well. I wish I could remember the name of the SA who seems to be there every time I go, she's exclusively working the Creeds. She's a doll and treats everyone with respect.

    Although the two women(different than the other) who were all over me at the TF display seemed like they didn't think I was worthy of their true attention since I was in T-Shirt and flip flops and just kind of stood there like statues glaring at me like I was going to steal something. So I decided to mess with them a bit and ask them if they knew what natural ambergris was....and since they didn't know.....I told them....heheheheheeeee
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

  16. #16

    Default Re: Trip to Neimun Marcus. What to try?

    Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Does your Neiman Marcus carry all of those fragrances? Not all of the stores carry the same stuff. Some carry Creed as their only "niche" fragrance.
    +1, my Nieman's only carries Creed, and no other niche. They do have a great high-end designer collection though.

    My Saks only has Bond and Guerlain (no other decent Guerlain selection in the city!!), and about the same as Nieman's other than that.

    So, good luck, but do be prepared to hit TPC afterward!
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

  17. #17

    Default Re: Trip to Neimun Marcus. What to try?

    Quote Originally Posted by gabystie View Post
    Thanks Pauly. I'm gonna write those down and read the reviews here on basenotes. Sucks about the last two, really wanted to try them. I have to see if theres a barneys somewhere here in my area.
    The closest Barney's flagship store is in Dallas.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Trip to Neimun Marcus. What to try?

    Quote Originally Posted by Forza View Post
    I would try everything by Creed. Pay close attention to Terre D'Hermes (Pure Parfum) and Voyage D'Hermes. Let me know how you like Voyage.
    this

  19. #19

    Default Re: Trip to Neimun Marcus. What to try?

    In addition to the ones you already mentioned, I would also suggest

    Alford and Hoff Cologne
    Clive Christian C (for men)
    Creed Vetiver (1948)

  20. #20

    Default Re: Trip to Neimun Marcus. What to try?

    Yooooooooooooo, I'm looking at lucky scent and i want some recommendations on which scents to try.

  21. #21
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,010

    Default Re: Trip to Neimun Marcus. What to try?

    Quote Originally Posted by gabystie View Post
    Yooooooooooooo, I'm looking at lucky scent and i want some recommendations on which scents to try.
    MDCI Invasion Barbare
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  22. #22

    Default Re: Trip to Neimun Marcus. What to try?

    thanks petru, anymore recommendations. I'm gonna spend $100

  23. #23

    Default Re: Trip to Neimun Marcus. What to try?

    Buzzlepuff mentioned the two I'd highly suggest testing:

    Midnight in Paris and the "new" Halston
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Trip to Neimun Marcus. What to try?

    Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Does your Neiman Marcus carry all of those fragrances? Not all of the stores carry the same stuff. Some carry Creed as their only "niche" fragrance.

    Happy sampling!
    I was just about to say that many of the tampa bay base noters will tell you that different nordstroms carry different fragrances. The one in my area (tampa bay) now just carries basics, some niche but mainly basics. Our local Saks has the biggest selection.
    On musc ravenguer nordstroms doesn't carry it.

  25. #25
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    84,304

    Default Re: Trip to Neimun Marcus. What to try?

    Atelier line
    Fougere Royale

  26. #26

    Default Re: Trip to Neimun Marcus. What to try?

    bump.

  27. #27
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,010

    Default Re: Trip to Neimun Marcus. What to try?

    Costume National Homme
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Niemann-Marcus
    By sniffman in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10th September 2009, 04:36 PM
  2. Neiman Marcus
    By LeMâle in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23rd December 2006, 04:13 PM
  3. Something from Neiman Marcus
    By ikkitosennomusha in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 22nd November 2005, 04:16 AM
  4. Something from Neiman Marcus
    By in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st January 1970, 01:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000