Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: SoTD ~ Monday October 11th 2010

RHM, hope your surgery goes well!

Petra, I was introduced to D'Iparie this past summer by another BNer and I totally fell for it. It is my discovery of 2010, together with Lagerfeld's Kapsules. Strange, normally I do not like anything as of recent, but those just stood out. Oh yeah, and Guerlain Tokyo did, in an expensive waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Ormonde-Jayne Frangipani

Welcome, La Borgia! Another Santa Barbara-ite! Nice to see you here.
    Best wishes to RHM...

Serge Lutens Daim Blond. Perfect for this sunny autumn day.

Hi all... I started the day in Habanita (probably as a result of the threads on the forums)... and am reveling in it still. I think I'll change for the evening though...what to put on? Maybe a sample (from a generous basenoter.) Which one? With all the talk about Beige, maybe that one. Or... (oh darn I can NOT make up my mind.)

Sans water in the house this afternoon, due to a water line break that was pumping out 3 gal./minute. I couldn't see wasting 4320 gallons (24 hours') worth of perfectly good drinking water just so I can have a shower in the morning... so I guess the washcloth, the basin, and I are going to be my somewhat anachronistic routine in the morning. And answer me this: Why is it that when you have the water turned off, the first thing you need to do is use the toilet? Is this TMI?

EDIT: Welcome la Borgia! You'll love it at Basenotes.

And I decided to give my somewhat neglected bottle of Aramis 900 a go for the afternoon. Nothing like an elegant rosy, herbal, woody, spicy concoction to keep me happy on a nearly-warm autumn afternoon!
    Last edited by actiasluna; 11th October 2010 at 08:54 PM.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by La Borgia View Post

Ormonde-Jayne Frangipani
    Welcome aboard La Borgia !. Good to have you here.

Very best wishes to RHM.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 11th October 2010 at 09:06 PM.

Why thank you! I have been a closeted lurker for a couple of years but finally worked up the courage to register. It is a lonely world when one best friend wears Kai and only Kai (yawn), another claims to be allergic and I'm pretty sure Laura wears Old Spice.
    I dare not speak too much about my little obsession with them or anyone else I know, but I do leave little samples in their cars from time to time. It's lonely being a self-taught fanatic.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Basenotes Plus

Welcome to Basenotes La Borgia, so glad you decided to register! Also, I love your scent of the day, Frangipani Absolute is one of my favorites!
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 11th October 2010 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Therese View Post
    I am wearing Ambre Gris today.
    Hello, Therese! We haven't seen you for a while. I hope all is well with you.

Welcome, La Borgia! Your signature line is hilarious. :-)

RHM, thinking of you today.

My SotD is Perfumerie Generale Iris Taizo (also known as Iris Oriental, I think). I just love it!

Welcome La Borgia - thanks for joining us!

I'm in JHAG's gorgeous Midnight Oud for the rest of the day. Y'all have a nice evening!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Ooh Evangeline...I'm certainly lemming your SoTE! (can't pull the trigger on that one yet, < pun fully intended > with all the plumbing bills coming in. Sigh.)
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Welcome, La Borgia.
    Thanks for calling attention to La Borgia signature line, Haunani. It's hysterical!
    I can tell, we're gonna love having you, La Borgia, and you're going to love being had.
    Am clean and smelling clean of mild i Coloniali Yuzu Water.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Welcome, La Borgia.
    Thanks for calling attention to La Borgia signature line, Haunani. It's hysterical!
    I can tell, we're gonna love having you, La Borgia, and you're going to love being had.
    Am clean and smelling clean of mild i Coloniali Yuzu Water.
    Yes, and look at her avatar! It's Barbie (yay)!!

Welcome, La Borgia.

SotE is Pure White Linen. It's hot again! Supposed to go to 90F tomorrow.

YR Rose Absolute for this evening.

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Helmut Lang EDP today.

Happy Monday everyone!

RHM, thinking of you ...

RedHotMama, how are you doing? Please let us know, we were all keeping our fingers (and toes) crossed.

PG 02 Coze for the evening.

GIT by Creed
    Gary

My SOTD is Tam Dao from a sample. The nice SAs at Barney's gave me a sample and a couple of samples of the shower gel.
    I did not realize how strong this is and it has lasted over 10 hours. Maybe I just oversprayed, or this is the longest lasting Dyptique ever.
    Evenstar

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Tonight it's Havana. I gotta say again this is one hellova fragrance!
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

RHM, hugs! I can't believe you're still having issues with those stones! Or maybe they're new ones? I don't check in here as often as I ought to anymore.

Welcome, La Borgia!

Tabac Blond
    is my sotd. I've gone through almost half my bottle now. It really would be convenient if Caron went all Chanel and I could get an Exclusif-size TB.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I'm finally getting around to reading the thread. Have been in roses all day-- first tried Evelyn Rose edp at C&E store (while chatting with the SAs and a customer about our favorite roses and Basenotes), then wore Une Rose in a fragrance locket for the evening.

RHM, a bit late for well wishes, but I hope you feel better tomorrow-- er, today-- it's already past midnight here.