Code of Conduct

Default Emporio Armani He/ Lui / Il

I have done a search here and the only fragrances said to be somewhat similar to Emporio Armani are 212 men (without the florals) and Dior Fahrenheit.
    Do you agree? Are there others that share that mossy green scent?
    Acqua di Gi˛ is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

Default Re: Emporio Armani He/ Lui / Il

Perceptions of what constitutes a mossy green scent varies. Check out Hugo Dark Blue, Paul Smith Men. Paul Smith Men Extreme, Burberry Weekend and Kiton Men which arguably have similarities. Some put Grey Flannel into this category, but I don't see it.
    Renato

Thanks Renato, will do!
    Acqua di Gi˛ is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

Seems like a major perceptual issue here or a mistake. I have EAH (all black tube bottle), and wouuld compare it to the women's version or something like Dream Angels Heavenly, but certainly not Fahrenheit or Grey Flannel. What's going on?

The notes on fragrantica are: "Top notes are and bergamot; middle notes are vetiver, yuzu, sage and cardamom; base notes are cedar, tonka bean and musk. "
    Last edited by Bigsly; 11th October 2010 at 08:03 PM.

yesterday a friend was using this fragrance
    Before i asked him what it was
    i was trying to guess
    i really thought it was declaration
    smelled citric lemony, earthy and spicy
    im reading the noteBreakdown now and i think is the comBination of Bergamot and cardamom the reason why i thought it was cartier - declaration

Always felt that Emporio Armani He/ Lui was a very nice scent and easy to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Always felt that Emporio Armani He/ Lui was a very nice scent and easy to wear.
    I have always felt this way also.....Mania Pour Homme has always reminded me a little of Emporio.....I must say I like Emporio more than Mania!!!

Like many Armani's I find this well blended yet a bit weak and middle of the road. It's my go to when I don't feel like wearing anything particular or want something guaranteed to be inoffensive.
    Like Code and AdG I'm happy to have it but it won't be replaced once it's gone.

Emporio Armani He, by my experience is good cold weather scent, I find it much more interesting than Armani Code.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Seems like a major perceptual issue here or a mistake. I have EAH (all black tube bottle), and wouuld compare it to the women's version or something like Dream Angels Heavenly, but certainly not Fahrenheit or Grey Flannel. What's going on?
    This post certainly strikes a chord with me. It's been nearly a decade since I owned & used He, but my memory is of a citrusy, zesty fragrance. Unless I'm confusing it with something else, I see no comparison with Fahrenheit whatsoever. I'd compare it to something like Azure Lime?

Banana Republic's Cordovan is an inferior but almost direct clone of Emporio...