Code of Conduct

Default Would you say that Guerlain Homme (2008) is the worst Guerlain fragrance?

I tried a handful of Guerkain fragrance...men and women, and I have to say that Guerlain homme (2008) is the worst of them all... It just does not have any kind of character... When you think of Guerlain fragrance, you think of an exquiste designer fragrance. Guerkain Homme just don't fit that bill and I find it hard to believe that it's a Guerlain fragrance...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: Would you say that Guerlain Homme (2008) is the worst Guerlain fragrance?

No.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Would you say that Guerlain Homme (2008) is the worst Guerlain fragrance?

It ranks near the bottom IMO.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

For me, the worst is Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisée!

Recently he made some racist comments so this fragrance being the worst in the Guerlain house should be the last of his worries.

Glad I don't own any fragrances from the Guerlain house.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Until I've tried every Guerlain fragrance...well we know the rest. But I get the concern. Guerlain Homme has 'designed for mass market' written all over it. It's a commercial and strategic move imo.

I dont think its the worst, it is designed for masses but still better than most of the modern scents. Out of the 4 Guerlain Homme, its the worst though.

don't know bout Guerlain Homme, but Guerlain Homme Intense (at least according to my perfumedcourt sample) was rather disappointing. Was one of the earliest samples I tried, and seemed rather weak. Nothing out of the ordinary, just another "fresh" scent.

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Until I've tried every Guerlain fragrance...well we know the rest. But I get the concern. Guerlain Homme has 'designed for mass market' written all over it. It's a commercial and strategic move imo.
    +1

I have smell some guerlain and Homme line is my least favourite. Anyway, Homme L'Eau Boisée is my favourite form Homme line because sometime I need to wear a safe scent and this scent is the most safest scent I have smelt.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

From the ones that i tried, yes, its the worst. Could be called Guerlain None

It's the worst I own by them. Still ok though. Of the ones I've tried, I enjoyed Shalimar Initial the least.

Haven't smelled all of the Guerlains but I love Guerlain Homme.

No.

Of the ones I've smelled, yes it is the worst. Very synthetic to me, and nowhere near the quality I'm used to from Guerlain.

No, while no highlight or unattainable masterpiece, it's overall pleasant, albeit not outstanding

No, I just bought it yesterday anyways.

Surely among the worst IMO.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I think it smells great. It's aimed at a younger market demo than the other guerlain frags, but that's not a bad thing imo.

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    It just does not have any kind of character...
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by jss View Post
    For me, the worst is Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisée!
    Respectfully disagree I really like it in fact.
    And no, I wouldn't say Guerlain Homme is the worst Guerlain fragrance.
    À l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

I purchased this one and L'Eau. It wouldnt be a fair comparison to the other iconic classics in the Guerlain stable but I feel it beats out alot of other designer offerings in this genre

Banned

Guerlain Homme by Guerlain is, indeed, an uneventful composition. In spite of the fact that it possesses quality ingredients, it is not nuanced enough to make it stand out in its genre.
    However, it is beat to the bottom by Guerlain Homme L'Eau by Guerlain, which, although having quality ingredients and being blended well, is nonetheless imitative of so many other warm-weather scents. The one thing that does set it apart is its deporable projection and longevity.

I didn't care for the original, but I enjoyed the intense version.

Guerlain Homme is all show in the opening, but with a boring drydown. But it is at least wearable.

It might be considered a milestone of perfume, but Jicky really is 'of its time' and seems really badly out of place today. It smells of a hound, that has had a 10 mile run chasing after the fox, and decided to roll in every piece of farmyard detritus it could find along the way.

Amongst the English, the French have a reputation for not washing. My theory is that when this reputation was being set, the French washed far more than the English... they just covered themselves in Jicky afterwards...

I was unimpressed at first, but it has grown on me tremendously. Just purchased the Intense version too, but I think I actually prefer the EdT. There's a lot more going on there than you might find at first sniff. It's in frequent rotation in my wardrobe now. Really love this one. Glad I gave it several more chances. Casual naysayers are encouraged to give it several more wears. Reasonably priced, cool packaging, and compliment-getter, on top of all that. Highly versatile, but ideal for the warm spring weather we've been having lately.

I don't think it is on pair to former scents made by the House, but everytime I wear the Intense version, women complement me heavily (and I mean it, heavily). So I think they succeeded at launching a crowd pleaser.

On the other hand, what I regard as the best of them all (Habit Rouge vintage) is described as "talcum powder of the kind my Grandad used".

Love the enthusiasm and split in this thread... I've smelled worse from Guerlain. And I'm not a fan of the old bosses racist statements either. So perhaps L'Eau will be my last Guerlain purchase ever.

Not the worst by a long shot. Something that smells Eau De Olde Lady by Guerlain would be the worst.

Blog Entries

I like it, but it's a fickle wear. Just a wee bit too much and it becomes monotone. At the point where the good stuff shows up, it's a bit lighter than I prefer.

The Intense has much more oomph - which makes me wonder about any sample of it that seems weak or "sporty". I didn't like the Eau - not enough complexity for me. Looking forward to the new one.

I think it's a mess. And the commercial is a complete failure as well. Looks like some parody of tarzan. What were they trying to say? Don't take this fragrance seriously? You want to be animalic and sexy like this retarded monkey man?
    Last edited by PWJ; 9th April 2012 at 11:04 PM.

Insolence or My Insolence is surely far worse than Guerlain Homme, no?

I like Homme quite a bit. Green, fresh and elegant. Somehow sexier than it should be based on the notes and general concept.

D to the E to the N to the V to the E to the R
    Blog Entries

I've thought a lot about this one. I don't own it but I think it smells good. I have a very confident friend who wears it and he pulls it off very very well, so I kind of have him in mind when I judge it too. And i respect his tastes more than anyone I've ever met, with fashion, ideas, culture, the whole nine, so I think to myself it can't possibly be that bad, he likes it.
    Last edited by autumngleeman; 10th April 2012 at 06:07 AM.

I personally can't stand this one.

Imo the worst (if one may speak of bad?)scents of Guerlain are the completely superfluous flankers like L'Eau and Sport. Guerlain Homme may not be the most original scent, to me it smells nice, friendly and fresh and (thanks to the Guerlinade?) as a typical Guerlain masculine.

I wear the EdP a lot. Got addicted to it, frankly.

After owning it, trying it, and then selling it...yea definitely the worst Guerlain. Boring...Ignore what I said above.

For me every Guerlain perfume with prominent animalic fecal notes is far worse than Homme.