Have a great day!

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: SotD - Tuesday, 12 October 2010

Good morning. Cristalle EDT today.

Basenotes Plus

Arpege by Lanvin.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Thumbs up Re: SotD - Tuesday, 12 October 2010

The Superb ENCRE NOIRE by Nathalie Lorson

LALIQUE PARFUMS
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Good morning REALLY sleepy today! Doesn't help with lots of snow outside either...even though it brighten things up a bit. Sotd is Crystal Noir.

Happy Tuesday

LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Sparkling frost this morning, keeping warm in Soir de Lune.
    Thank You for friendly greetings Twolf and others.
    Have a good day everyone!

I am wearing Farnesia by Caron (from a sample.)
    I find this a very comforting, caressing scent - very
    heavy on the acacia and mimosa.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Sur la Plage

Good morning everyone! My SOTD is Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Cologne pour le Soir.

Notes include infusion of benzoin, Bulgarian and Iranian rose, honey and incense absolute.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

MEMOIR Amouage -wrapping in black cashmire

Today is a fragrance free day.

Basenotes Plus

I am wearing Anné Pliska, one of my very favorite ambers. I love the bergamot and geranium in the opening.

Wish you all a great day!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing Ange ou Demon today. (And now I'm going to be late for work because of stopping by here ... )

As I wrote earlier (Saturday I believe) I'm going to wear Cologne du 68 today... it is supposed to be a stunning fall day with highs in the mid-70's... Have a wonderful day everyone! (fingers crossed for my water line repair, I have alternate plans for my "morning ablutions" should the plumbers not be able to get it done today. Nice benefit of working across the street from a 900 room hotel with a salt water pool and shower facilities to which I have access anytime if I need them!)
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I did some decanting of a few minis I had around the house over the weekend. So now I've no excuse for not wearing them.
    Today, Burberry for Women from the ministash

Hello all. Feminite du Bois Shiseido parfum version.
    DONNA

This morning I'm wearing a perfume oil called Vetiver Orange Blossom by CB Scents, from a sample sent by a Basenoter. I'm not sure if this is by CB I Hate Perfumes, or an artisinal fragrance made by someone else. I think the latter(?). The orange blossom is indolic, fruity, and the vetiver is salty. I like it.

Hello everyone!

I'm in La Perla edp this morning.

Y'all have a great day!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Givenchy Gentleman

Kapsule Woody layered with Kapsule Light -- Duckie should be enthrilled for me -- with leftovers of PG 02 Coze still going strong on pulse points.

I am a mess -- was hard to get up at 7 am -- see what a nice mini-vacation does to a girl whose alarm clock starts quacking at 4:23 am every morn?

RedHotMama -- still thinking of you and sending best wishes.
    30R -- will write to you later, hugs to you, mama and M.
    Milou -- you are welcome! Any plans on sniffing blind in 2011? Anyone else feeling brave? Say so!
    Terri -- you smell deliciously sophisticated in AP.
    Boston gang, you should post more, Pomander is the only one who is doing it these days.

Blog Entries

Ambre Sultan by Serge Lutens .....................................day.

Vol de Nuit Extrait .................................................. ...after 5.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning everyone!

Today I'm wearing the beautiful Coup de Foudre by Parfums DelRae
    Created by DelRae Roth and Yann Vasnier.
    The notes according to the Parfums DelRae site:
    Baie Rose, Bergamot, Italian Lemon 'sfumatrice', Pink Grapefruit
    Rose de Mai France Orpur absolute, Purple peony, Egyptian Jasmin absolute,
    Magnolia Orpur, Geranium bourbon
    Tonka Venezuela, Vetyver, White moss, Velvet musks

I hope you all have a good day!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Hello, kids! RHM, you're on our minds.

Mitsouko edp (Boston BN souvenir).

Saw this new video today and am feeling very lucky for my lot in life. I'd like to see this sort of thing go viral. Hint-hint.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I decided to refresh my La Perla with a spray of La Perla's Parfum Privé before going for a run (I always wear fragrance when I work out) and the results are incredible! The Parfum Privé adds just the right amount of bright floral radiance I was looking for, but the original La Perla chypre base adds depth and longevity. I love it when layering experiments work out this well!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Institution

Wonderwood by Comme des Garcons (first time from a sample)

Amber Absolute from my collection. I so love this one.

Basenotes Plus

SotE -

Serge Lutens Un Lys.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune

Good day, everyone! I'm wearing Papyrus de Ciane, by Parfumerie Generale. This fragrance is a slightly powdery/polleny green. Quite lovely! PG has become one of my favorite houses, and this fragrance just helps to strengthen my good opinion.

Dior Dune

Frederik Malle, Iris Poudre from a sample!
    Lovely delicate and elegant and very chique!

Basenotes Plus

Nuits de Cellophane.... an office friendly Lutens...who would have thunk it?
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Bel Respiro
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Was in town briefly today so I sampled:

Hermès Eau Claire des Merveilles
    and
    Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt

Possibly a little too unusual for the office, but enjoyable!
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Today I'm testing Lerge Lutens Boxeuses, which I've been salivating to try. It's really quite beautiful. I like that Elena at Perfume Shrine said she wouldn't hesitate to call it 'Feminite du Cuir,' although I smell a little more violet in it, and if comparing it to that 'Bois' series would lean more toward calling it 'Violette du Cuir.' I really love the anise in the opening.
    Darn, must go... have a great day, all!

Spritzed on Claudie Pierlot Mon Premier first thing, then felt it was a bit too cold of a scent for today...so layered it with Bois de Paradis....just perfect ;-)
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Blog Entries

Keep testing the Carons: Niut de Noel EDT and a tiniest drop of pre-reformulation Pois de Senteur.

Good Evening!

My SotE is STRIP by Agent Provocateur
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Kapsule Woody layered with Kapsule Light -- Duckie should be enthrilled for me.
    Oh, but he is ... my fave consists of two sprays of Woody,
    let it dry, then one Floriental on top of that. It's good!

SotD - L'Heure Bleue
    SotE - Hypnotic Poison

Happy nose in Une Rose Vermeille. The bottle is fun to play with...
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Taking my sample of Carnal Flower for another spin this evening. Liking it more than I did yesterday. Maybe it will be one of those sneaky frags that takes me a while to grow to like, and then I cannot imagine life without (although hefty price tag is a complete downer).

From a sample: Coney Island by Bond No.9
    Gary

SotA/SotE = Bal à Versailles edc.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Hello, kids! RHM, you're on our minds.

Mitsouko edp (Boston BN souvenir).

Saw this new video today and am feeling very lucky for my lot in life. I'd like to see this sort of thing go viral. Hint-hint.
    Adding: I am so disturbed by this that I have to bite my tongue from saying things inappropriate for a fragrance board. Not that we haven't heard for ages about the poor of India...but I thought India's economy was doing pretty well these days, particularly in Mumbai? Yes, I'd say most of us here are extremely lucky.

I clicked on the video too, but could not see a thing -- too dark for me. I understand that someone is sitting in a tub-type of thing or, perhaps, a raised flowerbed, and pouring some water on themselves. Could someone please PM me and tell what's going on in this video, to enlighten?

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    I clicked on the video too, but could not see a thing -- too dark for me. I understand that someone is sitting in a tub-type of thing or, perhaps, a raised flowerbed, and pouring some water on themselves. Could someone please PM me and tell what's going on in this video, to enlighten?
    India has been experiencing water shortages. I've been following news stories for a while about the government's efforts to capture ("harvest") rain. The person who took this video did so on a night when he emerged from a rail station to find a woman taking advantage of rain, catching it running off the railway roof in a pan so she could do her laundry on the sidewalk. The next rainy season isn't expected until next year.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Indeed most of us (on Basenotes at least) are extremely fortunate! ("even" I with my plumbing problems, which were solved by the time I got home from work this afternoon. Never take running water, or a clean, ample supply of water, for granted!)

This afternoon I'm in Knowing, reveling in the rosy, soapy, spicy goodness of it. (a scent that takes me back due to the fact that my "aunt" ... my mother's best friend ... apparently wore Estee Lauder scents and the Lauder signature... for lack of a better term, "Lauderade" ... is obvious in it. Would not be right for me every day, but today, with the cool-ish fall evening, it's delightful!
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Hey y'all -

Inspired by the subtle osmanthus note in my sota, La Perla's Parfum Privé, I decided to continue that theme with the bolder, more voluptuous osmanthus of 1000 de Patou for the evening.

Yesterday's scent was TDC Osmanthus; today's scent is AL Carnet de Bal. Take care and enjoy your Tuesday nights/Wednesday mornings, all.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Opium pour Homme Eau de Parfum tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Dior Homme for me today
    Evenstar

I did Tom Ford Voile De Fleur and after an hour or so added Anne Klien over it .very sweet silliage.