Code of Conduct

Question Ruehl No. 925 Equivalent, or other suggestions?

Hey,

Looking for an equivalent, or other suggestion, or even a cheap knock-off of Ruehl No. 925.

I have worn Drakkar Noir, and Burberry For Men(Orig), and am now wearing Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme. I am not digging the sweetness of Yves all too much, but I desperately and 'understandably' needed a new smell. I work well with these: wood, leather, dry, musk. But not at all with sweet. Or citrus. I am willing to fork out the money for a bottle of No. 925, but I know that won't last. So I am looking for either an equivalent, or even a good suggestion based off of the information given, as to a good new, and reliable scent. I've tried John Varvatos, but the sweet musk didn't fly.

I had thought earlier that Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Pour Homme was an equivalent, but when I checked it out for myself, I was proven wrong.

I love the smell of Grandpa's Pine Tar Bar Soap if that helps. I want something fresh, something clean, but dry and musky/woody/leathery at the same time.

Having a limited budget(Can't be buying 'till I get it right), and very little time, any suggestions would help out greatly.

Thanks for the help!

-PCD

Default Re: Ruehl No. 925 Equivalent, or other suggestions?

Thanks to all those 277 viewers of this comment that didn't offer a damned idea. F.U.

I have however, found a good clean/manly colonge for men with sweet skin. Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme.

Anybody else out there that has sweet skin, would want to try this scent.

Check out the forums on aftunes.net. People over there bought up the final bottles of 925 in bulk when the store closed down. Some may be looking to sell one. I've never smelled this so I can't really comment on a similar one.

Thanks. I did check that out, and found out that the original store is still open. Supposedly. I also heard a rumor that a Ruehl is opening up in either Ireland or England.. I'll check it out.

I saw this stuff at Marshall's a couple months ago for 8 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by INVDRDIC View Post
    Thanks. I did check that out, and found out that the original store is still open. Supposedly. I also heard a rumor that a Ruehl is opening up in either Ireland or England.. I'll check it out.
    Both are wrong. No Ruehl 925 store is currently open anymore, all have been shut down since January. No stores are reopening anytime in the near future, so anyone who told you that is lieing through their teeth. Only suggestion would be is if you live near one of A&F's flagship stores (NYC, London, Tokyo, Milan, and Copenhagen in November) there's a very small chance they may have some bottles lying around since extras were transferred there after Ruehl closed. If not there, check out eBay, but beware of fakes on there, only go for bottles where the actual bottle being sold is pictured.