Code of Conduct

Default Charvet Cuvee Speciale

I just got a sample of Charvet's Cuvee Speciale from The Perfumed Court and am wearing it as my SOTD.

I find it to be a very classy, green chypre. Beyond traditonal chypre components, I detect lime and vetiver. Apparently it is difficult to obtain, other than at Charvet's Place Vendome location.

Any of you try this?

Default Re: Charvet Cuvee Speciale

Please let us know how this smells in the whole wearing!

Since Charvet is akin to the likes of the bespoke tailors of London across the Channel, I imagine that Charvet would go after "typical" gentlemanly notes: violets, lavender, citrus, jasmine, with spices, musk and perhaps subtle leather.

Let us know!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Had no idea Charvet did fragrance...I'm intrigued!
    I wanna say something. Im gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you dont, send it right back."

Quote Originally Posted by arlecchino View Post
    Had no idea Charvet did fragrance...I'm intrigued!
    Per the Perfumed Court, they have three, but only stock this one. There is another in the Basenotes directory (no reviews).

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Please let us know how this smells in the whole wearing!

Since Charvet is akin to the likes of the bespoke tailors of London across the Channel, I imagine that Charvet would go after "typical" gentlemanly notes: violets, lavender, citrus, jasmine, with spices, musk and perhaps subtle leather.

Let us know!
    The whole experience was (actually is 12+ hours later) quite pleasant. I would say I do not detect violets or musk. I do believe there is lavender, citrus (lime), jasmine, vetiver, oakmoss a measure of spice, and a leather (ladbdanum) accord (just my impressions). This all in a chypre that is exudes class and dignity. I like it very much.

My sister had a sample of this from the Perfumed Court... I really loved it when I tried it... I kept waiting for my sister to give it to me... lol.... One day I will buy a decant, or go to France and buy a bottle there!
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman