Code of Conduct

Question I Want My Body To Smell Good

Hi.

My name is Daniel, and I want my body to smell good.

Why?

My lady friend wants my body to smell good:

What I Am Looking For

I am looking for fragrances that someone going after power would wear, not someone who has got power, but someone who is working to get that power.

What Fragrances Should I Try?

There are a lot of fragrances out there. I don't know much about them, and I can't smell them all (I'd probably get a really bad headache doing that).

So I am here to ask people what I should try.

What fragrances should I try?

Fragrances That Are Near Me

Here are fragrances that are near me:

ACQUA DI PARMA

aramis

Bulgari

CHANEL

CLINIQUE

CREED

Dior

diptyque

GIORGIO ARMANI

GUCCI and DOLCE & GABBANA

Guerlain

Hermès

L'OCCITANE en Provence

LALIQUE

Thierry Mugler

Tom Ford

Yves Saint Laurent

Other stuff

More stuff

Thank you.
    Last edited by Daniel_Kemp; 12th October 2010 at 03:03 PM. Reason: I added more fragrances that are near me.

Default Re: I Want My Body To Smell Good

Acqua di Parma - Colonia Intensa, Colonia
    Tom Ford - Tuscan Leather, Noir de Noir, Oud Wood
    Guerlain - Vetiver, Habit Rouge
    Dior - Dior Homme, Fahrenheit
    Lalique - Encre Noire EDT and EDP
    Diptyque - L'Ombre Dans L'eau, Tam Dao
    Creed - Himalaya, Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, Silver Mountain Water
    Chanel - Egoiste, Pour Monsieur
    Aramis - Aramis

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    Acqua di Parma - Colonia Intensa, Colonia
    Tom Ford - Tuscan Leather, Noir de Noir, Oud Wood
    Guerlain - Vetiver, Habit Rouge
    Dior - Dior Homme, Fahrenheit
    Lalique - Encre Noire EDT and EDP
    Diptyque - L'Ombre Dans L'eau, Tam Dao
    Creed - Himalaya, Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, Silver Mountain Water
    Chanel - Egoiste, Pour Monsieur
    Aramis - Aramis
    Cool.

Thank you volley2.

Hey Daniel;

Nobody can decide for you. What you smell like will be an extension of how you want to be perceived and what appeals to you personally. What you will enjoy wearing. Your going to have to just go out and try some.

The list above is good, but you have to just try em out and see what is "you". Find something that is very Daniel - that will work!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    Hey Daniel;

Nobody can decide for you. What you smell like will be an extension of how you want to be perceived and what appeals to you personally. What you will enjoy wearing. Your going to have to just go out and try some.

The list above is good, but you have to just try em out and see what is "you". Find something that is very Daniel - that will work!
    Hi Buzzlepuff,

Thank you for your reply.

I am looking for fragrances that do these things:
    1. Gives people the thought of someone who is working for power.
    2. Ladies (i.e. my lady friend) will like how my body smells.

I don't really care what fragrances I wear, but no gross smelling ones.

Hi Daniel, Buzzle is right. I may have given you a list, but in the end, you have to try different scents on your skin. Because maybe those ones I suggested, on your skin it might not smell good. The best thing to do is, talk to a sales assistant, and tell him/her what you want, and perhaps they can make recommendations.

Hi Daniel, Buzzle is right. I may have given you a list, but in the end, you have to try different scents on your skin. Because maybe those ones I suggested, on your skin it might not smell good. The best thing to do is, talk to a sales assistant, and tell him/her what you want, and perhaps they can make recommendations.
    Hi volley2,

I am in Korea (to be with my lady friend).

Many of the sales assistants don't speak very good English. I can say "Hello" and "Thank you" in Korean, so that doesn't help.

I think it is easier for me to ask guys and ladies here about what fragrances to try, then go to the store(s) and just point to the fragrances that I want to smell.

That was an amazing first post, loved the picture of that text message. Genius! Appreciated this too, very Napoleon Dynamite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBBPOrcgdPA

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Ludlow View Post
    That was an amazing first post, loved the picture of that text message. Genius! Appreciated this too, very Napoleon Dynamite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBBPOrcgdPA
    Hi Johnny_Ludlow,

This is serious.

If there are any fragrances that you think I should try, then it would be awesome if you posted them here.

Thank you.

Wow, that is a really good mall you have there.

When I think of scents for someone seeking power, I think of inoffensive office scents that nobody will question, and which generally indicate that you're someone who's clean and who has good taste. The "seeking power" part comes from the work you do, and the scent is simply not getting in the way. Examples include Bulgari PH, Eau Sauvage, Armani PH, Creed GIT, Acqua di Parma, or almost any modern Hermes.

Women will think your body smells good with any of these, even though they are not big statement-makers. Women aren't picky. By and large, they like the fact that the guy cares about grooming enough to use fragrance in the first place.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 12th October 2010 at 05:15 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Just out of curiosity - where in Korea are you?

Daniel, we all have different interpretations of what your aim here is. The ones I suggested to you are fragrance houses that I personally like from your photos. And those scents I suggested from each houses are those that I personally believe that are good. Maybe these ones don't fit your goal or maybe it does. Happy sniffing!

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Wow, that is a really good mall you have there.

When I think of scents for someone seeking power, I think of inoffensive office scents that nobody will question, and which generally indicate that you're someone who's clean and who has good taste. The "seeking power" part comes from the work you do, and the scent is simply not getting in the way. Examples include Bulgari PH, Eau Sauvage, Armani PH, Creed GIT, Acqua di Parma, or almost any modern Hermes.

Women will think your body smells good with any of these, even though they are big statement-makers. Women aren't picky. By and large, they like the fact that the guy cares about grooming enough to use fragrance in the first place.
    Hi LiveJazz,

Awesome.

Any specific ACQUA DI PARMA and/or Hermès?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rescentment View Post
    Just out of curiosity - where in Korea are you?
    Seoul area.

Daniel, we all have different interpretations of what your aim here is. The ones I suggested to you are fragrance houses that I personally like. And the scents from each houses that I personally believe that are good. Maybe these ones don't fit your goal or maybe it does. Happy sniffing!
    Hi volley2,

That's cool.

Thank you for your suggestions.

let's give it a chance
    Last edited by Desmond Hume; 12th October 2010 at 06:33 PM.
    Acqua di Giò is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

I don't think he is a troll...no fights being picked, which is a victory in my eyes. Just a quirky sense of humor.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Yea, would a troll go to that great of effort to make this post pics and all?

Daniel, you need to smell them on paper at the stores. Then get samples of the ones you like to try on your body cause sometimes it smells different than it did on paper. Also have your woman friend smell them on you too so you are sure she likes it. Then both decide which are the best ones you like. Buy them. Then enjoy!!
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsta View Post

Daniel, you need to smell them on paper at the stores. Then get samples of the ones you like to try on your body cause sometimes it smells different than it did on paper. Also have your woman friend smell them on you too so you are sure she likes it. Then both decide which are the best ones you like. Buy them. Then enjoy!!
    Have you seen his youtube channel and then still take him for serious?
    Acqua di Giò is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Kemp View Post
    I don't really care what fragrances I wear, but no gross smelling ones.
    The companies you've been looking at do not play around with "gross" scents - the worst they'll settle for is "good, but not groundbreaking". But you'll really want to sample (wearing a scent for 4-8 hours) before committing to a purchase unless you are getting a great bargain.

Some examples of what I'm talking about:

Hermes Equipage. It's a well-regarded scent, and well-suited to what you are looking for. It smells great. On me, if I so much as break a sweat it starts to go sour (patchouli does not work for me even in low amounts)

Christian Dior, Dior Homme. Also well-regarded, but I won't wear it because I do not like the way its put together. It's not entirely my "style" either.

So, I'll echo most of the other suggestions along with the caveats, and add:

Chanel: Pour Monsieur, Platinum Egoiste, Antaeus
    Guerlain: Vetiver, Habit Rouge, Heritage
    Hermes: Terre d'Hermes, Equipage
    l'Occitane: Vetyver, L'Occitan, Eau des Baux, Eau des 4 Voleurs (Try their Cade shaving balm - it's good stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond Hume View Post
    Have you seen his youtube channel and then still take him for serious?

Even if his youtube is a joke he's made some effort here to be cordial and inquisitive. Until proved otherwise he's done nothing wrong here.....maybe a little weird but aren't we all in our own way?
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsta View Post

Hi Pipsta,

I want to smell and try fragrances.

I just want people to give suggestions of the fragrances that they think I'd like, then that will help me decide what fragrances I should smell and try first.

Thank you though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hob Dobson View Post
    The companies you've been looking at do not play around with "gross" scents - the worst they'll settle for is "good, but not groundbreaking". But you'll really want to sample (wearing a scent for 4-8 hours) before committing to a purchase unless you are getting a great bargain.

Some examples of what I'm talking about:

Hermes Equipage. It's a well-regarded scent, and well-suited to what you are looking for. It smells great. On me, if I so much as break a sweat it starts to go sour (patchouli does not work for me even in low amounts)

Christian Dior, Dior Homme. Also well-regarded, but I won't wear it because I do not like the way its put together. It's not entirely my "style" either.

So, I'll echo most of the other suggestions along with the caveats, and add:

Chanel: Pour Monsieur, Platinum Egoiste, Antaeus
    Guerlain: Vetiver, Habit Rouge, Heritage
    Hermes: Terre d'Hermes, Equipage
    l'Occitane: Vetyver, L'Occitan, Eau des Baux, Eau des 4 Voleurs (Try their Cade shaving balm - it's good stuff)
    Hi Hob Dobson,

Cool.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Watch out for this guy. He's an "absurdist humorist". Trolled many a site.

by looking at the pics i could probably recommend at least 15 in their but it is best if you take your LADYFRIEND with you so that way you can buy something that both you and her like

Quote Originally Posted by thepunjabi View Post
    by looking at the pics i could probably recommend at least 15 in their but it is best if you take your LADYFRIEND with you so that way you can buy something that both you and her like
    Hi thepunjabi,

What fragrances do you think should get smelled and tried first?

Thank you.

Sup daniel misc brah

Silver mountain water by Creed is a great start.

So the fact that you live in Korea may alter what you buy. Korea is a little finicky about fragrances. It is a little iffy to get something that is overly smelly - even if that smell if superb.

Korea is obviously changing in this regard - as can be sen by the excellent set of choices that are available. But be warned - you might want to go 'office safe' in most situations.

That said, I live in Korea and I am about to purchase Bulgari Black and wear it to work.

Rubber in yer face!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    Silver mountain water by Creed is a great start.
    Cool.

Thanks DavidBond007.

So the fact that you live in Korea may alter what you buy. Korea is a little finicky about fragrances. It is a little iffy to get something that is overly smelly - even if that smell if superb.

Korea is obviously changing in this regard - as can be sen by the excellent set of choices that are available. But be warned - you might want to go 'office safe' in most situations.

That said, I live in Korea and I am about to purchase Bulgari Black and wear it to work.

Rubber in yer face!
    Hi Rescentment.

What situations are not 'office safe' situations in Korea?

What fragrances do you think would be good to smell and try?

Thank you.

When I say 'office safe' I am talking about a scent that you would wear to work and not feel like you were launching a WMD in the office. Bleu de Chanel is new and a good starter scent - and would work well at work. About the only people Bleu de Chanel offends are people on this website.

Actually...judging by your posts in this thread you may want a WMD. So go and smell Angel Men by Thierry Mugler or 1 Million by Paco Rabanne.
    Last edited by Rescentment; 13th October 2010 at 05:15 AM.

When I say 'office safe' I am talking about a scent that you would wear to work and not feel like you were launching a WMD in the office. Bleu de Chanel is new and a good starter scent - and would work well at work. About the only people Bleu de Chanel offends are people on this website.

Actually...judging by your posts in this thread you may want a WMD. So go and smell Angel Men by Thierry Mugler or 1 Million by Paco Rabanne.
    I will look for those.

Thank you Rescentment.

Basenotes Plus

When I saw the thread title, there is a part of me that wanted to say, "I hear taking regular showers help" but that might be rude.

Anyway, you're looking for scents that convey 'a hunger for power & authority'? I think you're out of luck. No fragrances can give you that, to be honest. Just find one that makes you feel like a billion bucks and you're half-way there. And yeah, bring your uh..lady friend along too.

Try Clive Christian No. 1. lol

I think you should try Dior's Fahrenheit.Definitely a power fragrance and a lot of women love this one!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Uhm, I googled the name. Uh...

Here is his blog. http://www.earthemperor.com/

I think he is seeking quite A LOT of power since he wants to be Emperor of the Earth.

Although the blog has the appearance of humor - I actually found the website rather interesting.

Also, why has no one suggested Kenzo Power?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    When I saw the thread title, there is a part of me that wanted to say, "I hear taking regular showers help" but that might be rude.

Anyway, you're looking for scents that convey 'a hunger for power & authority'? I think you're out of luck. No fragrances can give you that, to be honest. Just find one that makes you feel like a billion bucks and you're half-way there. And yeah, bring your uh..lady friend along too.
    Thanks for the tips Diamondflame.

Quote Originally Posted by Siifter View Post
    Try Clive Christian No. 1. lol
    I don't think I saw that one, but thanks though Siifter.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    I think you should try Dior's Fahrenheit.Definitely a power fragrance and a lot of women love this one!
    Cool. I will add it to my list. Thanks PerfumedLady.

Well, "looking for power". I've found that Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford and Silver Mountain Water by Creed fit that description. I haven't the money for them, maybe you do?

Test others. Acqua di Parma Colonia is a classic.
    Body Kouros, Fahrenheit and other designer bottles for trade in My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by D.Sprad View Post
    Well, "looking for power". I've found that Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford and Silver Mountain Water by Creed fit that description. I haven't the money for them, maybe you do?

Test others. Acqua di Parma Colonia is a classic.
    Lots of people are saying that I should smell and try CREED fragrances. I have already added Tuscan Leather and Colonia to my list.

Thank you D.Sprad.

Blog Entries

What about
    La Nuit de l`Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
    Acqua di Parma Colonia by Acqua di Parma
    Epicea by Creed
    Green Valley by Creed
    Eau de Guerlain by Guerlain
    Bel Ami by Hermes
    Tom Ford for Men by Tom Ford
    Private Blend Italian Cypress by Tom Ford

I would go with Habit Rouge by Guerlain

A scent that conveys that you are working for power.. hmm.. I would suggest the new Bulgari Man. A good scent for the younger man working his way up the corporate ladder. Appropriate for the office, inoffensive, professional, understated, doesn't draw too much attention to itself, yet still makes a statement. Probably better for the cooler months of the year.

P.S. - this needs to be tested on the skin. When I tried it on paper, I wasn't impressed. But when I tried it on my skin, it made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Kemp View Post
    Hi thepunjabi,

What fragrances do you think should get smelled and tried first?

Thank you.

like i said it is best for you to go out to a store with your girlfriend and find ones that both of you like as not everyone likes someone elses preference but if i were to reccomend one it would be allure homme edtion blanche or david off hotwater which is a underated fragrance

I guess most didn't get the idea of his channel... kinda funny, though. Better than the shock/retarded/gross humour we get nowadays.

What you should buy is:
    YSL L'Homme
    Tom Ford for men
    Issey Miyake l'dissey pour homme
    Chanel's Allure Homme Sport
    Chanel's Platinum Egoiste
    Skip the Creed and all the other expensive scents for now. Stay focused on the designer fragrances. Those listed that you can't find just buy those on ebay, just check the seller's feedback to make sure is legit.
    Sent from my house.

Definitely a lot of good scents in those pics. Maybe Bulgari Aqva from what you have described.

Easy one ..Guerlain Heritage...smells of power and will get your Lady floating...

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............