Code of Conduct

Default Perfumes and Colors

it is fairly obvious that colors are often associated with scents. Brown is dirty, blue is fresh, green is natural, black is obviously dark. And I could go on.

What I am interested in is whether or not your choice of fragrance alters the choice of the color of your clothing.

I have caught myself changing a shirt color here and there due only to my choice of fragrance.

Any examples of this out there? Or am I totally insane?

Default Re: Perfumes and Colors

Question: do you also perceive a connection between what fragrance you wear and what food you want to taste -- not what food to smell per se, but taste? I suspect you might. Some people perceive a strong interconnection between their senses. This is, I think, a good thing and to be cultivated.

Quote Originally Posted by Gollnick View Post
    Question: do you also perceive a connection between what fragrance you wear and what food you want to taste -- not what food to smell per se, but taste? I suspect you might. Some people perceive a strong interconnection between their senses. This is, I think, a good thing and to be cultivated.
    Oh, I absolutely agree. Cultivation of the senses can only serve to enhance your experience of the world around you.

But to directly answer you - taste has less connection to color and smell for me. although I have worn some rather peppery scents and then felt the desire to go and procure a butter brushed and peppered steak.

I'm leaning "you're insane"

No just kidding....the closest I can say I do this is I associated many fragrances to certain seasons or occasions. For instance, if I was wearing Creed Bois de Portugal, I would likely be dress up, shirt and tie/suit. Or something like an aqua, I'm probably wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I can say I'd go as far as making SPECIFIC changes like...."no that green t-shirt would go better with this than the blue."

Trussardi Uomo or Chanel Antaeus immediately prompt me to think of very elegant formal attire

Tuscany by Aramis and Zino Davidoff make me think of rich and saturated autumn colors

Have you ever had an experience like someone saying to you, "Hey, let's go for lunch. How 'bout sushi?" And you think to yourself, "Yeah, lunch would be good. I'm hungry right now. And I like sushi. But I just don't feel like sushi right now today because... well... why not?... well... because I'm wearing brown and brown just doesn't work with sushi for me" (or whatever food/color combination works or doesn't work for you?"

How about fragrance and music? Any connections there for you?

The colors I am wearing have little to no relationship to what I want to eat or would eat. There is no correlation for me.

I think because I don't see smells that I assign them something of a symbolic color. As I said earlier - this is a fairly common practice by the fragrance houses themselves.

If I were wearing Bulgari Black - I would immediately want to wear darker colors, maybe something leather.

But if I were wearing Bulgari Aqua I might not have the desire to go and eat fish.

It is an interesting point though.

DeepSilence

You are not insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Trussardi Uomo or Chanel Antaeus immediately prompt me to think of very elegant formal attire

Tuscany by Aramis and Zino Davidoff make me think of rich and saturated autumn colors
    Cap of Zino is yellow. because of this, it's affect your sense.

No relationship at all for me.