Code of Conduct

Default first impressions of some other colognes

Killian: back to black: a powdery honey/ berry smell on my skin and i do not get any tobacco here, smells a tad fem on me , I prefer tobacco vanille.

straight to heaven: some say this is tropical, all i get is a fresh citrus wood smell. Not very impressive.

Liaisons Dangereuses: Very feminine opening like some have said I get a sweet floral, somewhat like tuberose.

Love: this one reminds me of one million, very sugary sweet.

All in all I think back to back is the best i have smelled so far of the house, to me these frags are extremely unisex and leaning a bit on the fem side.

Sballo by bruno: very dirty smell, for some odd reason it reminds me a bit of vintage tabarome, vt is still better quality but this in some way bears a resemblance.

Vetiver tonka be hermes: I will give it credit and say it is not bad, but i do not see why so many people make this out to be so good. It is nice, but not mindblowing at least not where i am standing. it is a fresh vetiver with a tad of sweetness but the sweetness is not cloying on me. I will have to mess around with this one a little more.

Cartier XIII La Treizième Heure: salty leather, was a bit peppery at the beginning but now it has dried down a bit. Not liking this one at all.

Well I hope I gave a little bit of info on these colognes, if you like my point of view or how I am doing these brief reviews I will keep doing them. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: first impressions of some other colognes

I have straight to heaven. I instantly knew it was rum based, even before the guy read me it's notes. Its divine IMO haha

I did get a chance to try some vetiver tonka recently. I'd call it a carmalized vetiver. A great choice for someone that likes Encre Noire, but maybe wants something less intense. However, the price for Hermessence is mindblowing.

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    I did get a chance to try some vetiver tonka recently. I'd call it a carmalized vetiver. A great choice for someone that likes Encre Noire, but maybe wants something less intense. However, the price for Hermessence is mindblowing.
    I agree it is very expensive for what it is, I like it but unsure of the price at the moment and I am a guy who will buy expensive colognes but I am unsure about this one.

Musc by bruno: smells very similar to bois du portugal, for some reason some of these frags smell a lot like some Creeds I have.

Iranzol: smells like amber absolute by tom ford, a lot of these colognes are very strong , many remind me of serge lutens in that strong smoudering style.

Blu: reminds me of cool water meets erolfa, so that sugary sweet aquatic vibe of cool water meets the marine smell of Erolfa. Also has a green irish tweed vibe.

Seplasia: smells like azzaro pour homme, or aramis. It has the older gentleman barbershop type of vibe.

Prima T: reminds me of fleur de the rose bulgarie by Creed. This is getting to strange.

jasmine T: smells like royal delight minus the sweetness and when it dries down it smells like royal english leather. Borderline offensive when it opens up.

That is all for now, I tried a few from Hermes like voyage but i was not impressed. I find it strange how so many of Brunos colognes smell like close relatives to creed with a serge lutens type of vibe.

Post Thanks / Like

I think there's so much love on Veitiver Tonka because it's one of Jean Claude-Ellena's/Hermes most versatile creations to date. It can be worn in any season, any weather, any event. It's got the natural earthy vibe that you find in all of JCE's creations, which is nice because it will still turn heads, without being too over the top like many of his others.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I think there's so much love on Veitiver Tonka because it's one of Jean Claude-Ellena's/Hermes most versatile creations to date. It can be worn in any season, any weather, any event. It's got the natural earthy vibe that you find in all of JCE's creations, which is nice because it will still turn heads, without being too over the top like many of his others.
    It is not a bad fragrance at all but i feel there are better vetivers out there at the same time it is a pleasant one indeed. I wonder what others think of Kilian and Bruno.

I can follow your By Kilian impressions. I am not blown away either (have re-visited them recently), but I think A Taste of Heaven is good and I am missing this on your list.

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    I can follow your By Kilian impressions. I am not blown away either (have re-visited them recently), but I think A Taste of Heaven is good and I am missing this on your list.
    Yea i did not get the chance to try it. They are not exactly mindblowing, and I feel they are too feminine for my taste.