Code of Conduct

Default What popular cologne would you wear if...

... you were almost sure you would be one of the only ones using it around you (in your city, country, at work, school)?

I'm asking this because today I got Le Mâle and really LOVE it when I apply it very lightly, one spray, but I'm almost sure that I won't wear it when I go clubbing.

Other fragrances that I can think of are: Acqua di Gio in summer, Fierce at school, Burberry Brit.
    Acqua di Giò is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

Default Re: What popular cologne would you wear if...

Aqua di Gio

YSL L'Homme.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Nobody I know wears cologne anywhere I go.

Le Male
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Rochas Man, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Burberry London

Pure Malt.. I work security at a college and there's not a day that i dont catch a wiff of it! At first I was like hold on a sec.. is that what i think it is??? So i asked and it was I got my bottle a couple of months ago before the re-release thanks to CutlassSupreme on youtube.. anyways, I havent even gotten a chance to wear it out and EVERYONE here is wearing it already!!!

This thread astonishes me.

I seriously smell cologne on 1-3 other people per year.

However, I live Mississippi/Tennessee. Maybe people aren't as into it in the south.

The most exotic thing I have smelled on another was Givenchy Pi, which was in Washington D.C. at the Air and Space Museum.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post

I seriously smell cologne on 1-3 other people per year....
    Same here. In any event, it doesn't really matter what others are wearing. The most "popular colognes" are stuff I don't really care for. The original poster seems to be one of those guys that make assumptions that Basenoters don't wear popular releases because they are infact popular. I have noticed quite a few guys have been doing this lately.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Sur la Plage

I wear what I like. I don't care who else is or is not wearing it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Nothing I can really think of
    all the ones I really like no one really wears anyways
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

DeepSilence

Curve For Men

Gengis Khan

le maleyyyy lol

I agree with those who said they don't encounter other fragrances all that often. Just the same, there are other extensions like "oh my ex boyfriend used to wear Le Male, too."

For me it would probably be Aqua Di Gio or YSL l'homme

to be completely honest, i barely ever smell cologne on people.

Even tho Acqua Di Gio is known for being so overused, ive only smelled it on two other people in my entire life and ive only smelled le male on one other person in my entire life

fountain

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post

I seriously smell cologne on 1-3 other people per year.

However, I live Mississippi/Tennessee. Maybe people aren't as into it in the south.

The most exotic thing I have smelled on another was Givenchy Pi, which was in Washington D.C. at the Air and Space Museum.
    Yeah, where I live it's the same. Everyone here either smells like the tools of their trade (i.e. chainsaw oil, etc.) or nothing at all. The only other people I can smell are perfumed women and I caught Armani Code on a technician that came from a different city for a service call. That's literally the only guy I recall wearing anything in the past four years.

This works good for me though! All the stuff that people don't care for due to overuse is free range for me. Good example is Fierce. Smells great and there isn't a A&F store for hundreds of miles. In fact you have to take a ferry to get to the nearest one. All these popular frags I have never smelled on anyone before, Le Male, etc. Excellent situation in this respect!
    .Dave J

I agree that I can rarely smell cologne on people when I go out, but that may be due to most just wearing aquatics with no projection. Even in the winter because they don't know about fragrances and seasons. Most normal people will pick a signature scent & wear it all year round. Not us freaks here @ Bassnotes, lol.

I'd pick Le Male or A*Men.

I only smell cologne when I go out to dinner, movies, or concerts. Never smelled anyone wearing cologne at a party, or in class. I was the only one smelling good at those events. Luckily, I always get positive feedback. I'm always referred as "the dude who smells delicious".

It's funny because I live in London and a rarely smell cologne on other men, it's only ever me I think. Tant pis, as the French would say, I always wear something so it's normally me that smells good lol.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Polo Blue, but a coworker who bathes in it put me off it.

I'm currently a high schooler and i am the only one who really wears cologne. People know me for being well informed and a collector of colognes and fragrances. My friends started getting interested too so they started buying some colognes but still its usually just my friends that wear something. Usually i can pull anything off in my school. Either way i know i would not wear aqua di gio because my skin fries and eats up fragrances. I usually get small projection , so that wont help my case very much consider aqua di gio will be gone on my skin in about an hour

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Gengis Khan
    Agreed. I too would wear Gengis Khan, but since it is so popular around here and I'm a snob....
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !