Code of Conduct

Smile How does Montale Roses Musk compare with other Montales ( with a rose note) ?

Hey guys and gals,

I need some help with this one. I have not sampled Montale Roses Musk. But I do really like all the Montales with a rose note ( Aoud Damascas, Crystal Flower...etc.)

How does Roses Musk compare with the other Montales. Is it a similar vibe ? How does it smell ? What are your overall impressions of Roses Musk ?

Thanks !
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Default Re: How does Montale Roses Musk compare with other Montales ( with a rose note) ?

I find Deep Rose, Taif Roses, & Highness Rose much richer and more pronounced if that makes any sense.

Default Re: How does Montale Roses Musk compare with other Montales ( with a rose note) ?

It's considerably different to me - one of my favorite Montales too. Both the wife and I love and wear it often.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

I don't like it much. It is quite feminin. Montale has many better rose-based scents.

Thanks gentlemen Your input certainly helps

Finding a rose based scent is ridiculously difficult
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Have you tried Paestum Rose?

I have, actually ( I have a bottle). Its not really my thing. Really well made fragrance, but not what I am aiming for. Too many "other things" going on, detracting from the rose. I just cannot wear it out, and for occasions I may, I prefer to wear something else.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Sur la Plage

This is a fantastic rose scent. I really like this one a lot - and is a great fragrance for any rose lover to sample.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 10th October 2010 at 11:37 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

It wasn't what I was expecting. The musk isn't prominent or dirty. Probably the clean/white variant. It mainly smells of rose and very similar to a lot of the other Montale rose scents. It's nothing really special.

I agree that the musk is clean, but it isn't light: it's quite rich and harmonizes well with the slightly liquor-like rose. One of my favorite rose scents.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Well, I gotta seek out a sample of this one now. I'm seeking out different fragrances at the moment, but this thread can get me back on track with my rose quest

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I find a lot of these Montale rose scents very similar. I didn't find anything special about rose musk.

It's nice, but the rose is really lacking the depth of the rose I've smelled in other Montales. To me, it's very pretty but nothing to write home about.

I far, far prefer Sonoma Scent Studio's Rose Musc. A richer rose note paired with a nice labdanum-rich musk. It had a lot more depth than the Montale, to my nose, without being any less pretty and demure.

Surfacing,

I can send you a sample if you like.
    PM me.

Sheglows.

Blog Entries

l found Roses Musk very pleasant & l'd say it's easily unisex. ln my notebook l wrote "it's like roses with the leaves on" when l sampled it. The rose slowly sweetens as the amber & musk creep in, & there's something smokey in the base. The sillage is quite soft & sensual. My only complaint is that it didn't last as long as other Montales on me.
    ln comparison, l preferred Crystal Flowers as the sillage & longevity were fab; l would have considered a full bottle had it not reminded me of Stella, which l already have.
    Speaking of Montale roses, today l sampled the new Roses Elixir. lt's very sweet, with a strong strawberry jam note for the first hour. After that it fades to a clean, rosy musk, but like Roses Musk it's only detectable very close to the skin after 2 hours on me.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.