Code of Conduct

Question NOT a joke...what to wear while making veggie wraps for customers?

I recently started working again, and am wondering if there is a tasteful fragrance that will not drive customers away or cover the delicious smells of food? Today I am wearing an extremely light application of Sequoia since the weather is cooler now and I thought it might portray the slight scent of autumn, should a customer get a whiff. Is this OK?
    PS - I almost never over apply any frag, and am especially conscious of that now. But a sweaty worker is FAR more odious than one who might have too much scent on.

Default Re: NOT a joke...what to wear while making veggie wraps for customers?

chrome by azzaro seems to fit well, or acqua di gio, something light and not agressive.

Blv

I wonder if the customers would actually smell your cologne anyway, with food smells and distance between the counter. But maybe something green like Lacoste Essential or Muglar.

I agree with chrome, not only is it light, but I think you want something less expensive in that type of environment

Honore des Pres - I Love Les Carottes
    Spray it, donít say itÖ
    WARDROBE

Just dab a couple drops of virgin olive oil behind each ear and get to work!
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

As fragrance affects the way we experience food, I would recommend a light citrus scent. Just how physically close you are to your patrons will determine just how much you use.

Don't use anything powerful, as the noses of your patrons will be affected. For instance, 1740 Marquis de Sade is very powerful, with the scent of plum and patchouli, which comes across to some as chocolate.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSC View Post
    Honore des Pres - I Love Les Carottes
    I like the association with food there. I should have a special shirt on that says I heart carrottes. I have detected various fragrances on customers already, so it might not be out of the question that they smell me too. Anyway Paul, thanks!

Eau de Campagne by Sisley, with its green herbal and tomato leaf notes, is a great scent. Might go well with the food!
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

I think something with a tea note would fit well, like Gucci pH II, or one from the Bvlgari line.

Blog Entries

+1 for Mugler Cologne.

Blog Entries

l agree with Primrose; l think the new Acqua di Gioia would work well with it's minty-lemony freshness.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I think you should wear that Burger King fragrance that came out last year, but then that's just me...
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

someything that may suggest and edible smell...but light on the trigger....
    may be sables (with its curry like aroma)
    Jacomo de Jacomo (clove)
    Safran Troublant (obvious note here)
    DKNY Woman (fresh cilantro)

cheers!

Pablo

The best scent for this kind of thing, imo, is Skarb. It has a multitude of foody notes (lovage, which smells like celery salt), a hint of brown sugar from the myrrh, something almost woody/meaty in the barley extract, along with hints of a lemony frankincense. Throughout its development I also pick up something like a fresh bread note.. yes, this is a great scent to wear when around food.

Alternatively, check out MPG's Baime, which is basil basil basil, a hint of jasmine and woods, and then some more basil.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Whatever you choose, I definitely wouldn't apply anywhere near the wrist--torso only, IMO. With something as (I'm assuming) delicate as a veggie wrap, you don't want to risk contaminating the food with it.

Eureka! I have found my holy grail of work fragrances! Eau du Fier by Goutal. I got fired today, and I must wear the appropriate scent to get my severance pay. And I love veggie wraps too! Darn...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
    Eureka! I have found my holy grail of work fragrances! Eau du Fier by Goutal. I got fired today, and I must wear the appropriate scent to get my severance pay. And I love veggie wraps too! Darn...
    Bummer, dude! What did you do, wear the Burger King frag & p**s off all the veggies?!!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Bummer, dude! What did you do, wear the Burger King frag & p**s off all the veggies?!!
    One of the managers is a perfectionist, and I missed a tiny spot cleaning up under the tables with a broom. I'm not surprised, since within 20 minutes I was supposed to wipe all the tables, sweep the entire store (including restrooms), mop the whole thing, and clean this grill thingy that toasts the wrap. It is extremely hot, and a b***h to clean. I'm really an easy guy to work with, so I kept my mouth shut when I went by today. I've learned to fight my battles wisely and realized this one was not worth it. Thanks though! Back to square one....

Most of the Bulgari Men's line is very classy, unobtrusive, and subtle--and high quality.