Code of Conduct

Default Hand of Buddha Citron - any know of any fragrance that contains this scent?

I found this while doing some research and this is very interesting - I found that in the orient Buddha's Hand is used to fragrance rooms and clothes. I was wondering what it smells like and if any fragrances may contain this unique note?

http://www.citrusvariety.ucr.edu/citrus/buddha.html

Default Re: Hand of Buddha Citron - any know of any fragrance that contains this scent?

My local chain supermarket carries it and saw it there. Never bought it, but was told by someone who worked there that it smelled
    like a kumquat .

Default Re: Hand of Buddha Citron - any know of any fragrance that contains this scent?

I know of a few skin care and cosmetic lines that use the Buddha's Hand Citron, but mostly for it's topical benefits. However, it DOES smell amazing!!!! Sometimes with citrus notes in perfume, they lack the ability to provide stability/longevity in the perfume's evolution, so it might be difficult to find this note in a fragrance for this reason!

Only one I know of is Agua de Sandalo by Adolfo Dominguez!

Blog Entries

Two weeks ago I would have been puzzled by your "Hand of Buddha" post but because of some cooking show competition my sister watches I now know what it is, and in cooking they treat it as they do citrus, to zest or grate or shave the rind into some dishes.

Buddha's hand smells similar to Bergamot and Calamondin

What a marvelous phrase. Now I'm going to investigate further. I haven't heard of this before.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas