Code of Conduct

Question Patchouli incense fragrance ?

Hi ,

I'm in the search of a patchouli incense based fragrance, that would smell like a good patchouli incense stick...maybe that smell of incense sticks stores. Something mystical,oriental.
    I own the CDG incense line as well as Tauers' but some miss the patchouli and others the smoky,incense,woody touch (only patchouli ). Is there such a thing!?

Default Re: Patchouli incense fragrance ?

Have you tried ST Dupont Signature for men?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Have you tried ST Dupont Signature for men?
    No, can I find it online? I forgot to mention that here in Brazil is not easy to buy those non best sellers, so what I got I ordered online and blindly

Thanks for your reply!

Try ebay. It's similar to Gucci Envy for men, but more in the direction you seek, so if you really dislike Envy then don't even bother with Signature. For me, Signature is less sweet, less woody, and more of a "clean" smokey incense. See fragrantica.com for the complete note pyramid.

Patchouli Patch by L'Artisan might do it for you.

try the old powerhouse Quorum, just be aware that more than 4 sprays may knock some on their rear end

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Try ebay. It's similar to Gucci Envy for men, but more in the direction you seek, so if you really dislike Envy then don't even bother with Signature. For me, Signature is less sweet, less woody, and more of a "clean" smokey incense. See fragrantica.com for the complete note pyramid.
    Thank you! I'll give it a try and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by blondex199667 View Post
    Thanks! On the hunt...

Good to know! Thank you so much.

Patchouli Patch is a great patchouli that has the hard screaming edges of patchouli softened and cooled down by musk and anise. Ulrich Lang Nightscape also is wonderful cooled down patchouli. My favorite incense with a strong patchouli note is CDG Jaisalmer but the patchouli is definitely second to the incense woods in this one. Parfumerie Generale's Intragant Patchouli is very incensey with sandalwood and a very Indian spice mixed in with the patchouli - this smells most like a head shop patchouli incense stick to me although it is definitely not a pure patchouli fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    Patchouli Patch is a great patchouli that has the hard screaming edges of patchouli softened and cooled down by musk and anise. Ulrich Lang Nightscape also is wonderful cooled down patchouli. My favorite incense with a strong patchouli note is CDG Jaisalmer but the patchouli is definitely second to the incense woods in this one. Parfumerie Generale's Intragant Patchouli is very incensey with sandalwood and a very Indian spice mixed in with the patchouli - this smells most like a head shop patchouli incense stick to me although it is definitely not a pure patchouli fragrance.
    Hey,many thanks. Good to know there are many options...

Padparadscha by Satellite.

100% Josef Statkus EDP

Notes per Luckyscent: Jasmine, patchouli, coriander, incense, amber, cashmere wood, vanilla, benzoin, musk.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Lapidus pour Homme or perhaps Giorgio Beverly Hills are the ones that spring to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by blondex199667 View Post
    Hm, I've got a full bottle of it. While it is some kind of herbal, it wouldn't fit the incense mold. Because, it's herbal. Not the cooking sort but aromatic like lavender. Fragrant herbal but no incense.

Incense should be a bit smokey, sweet, woody. Etat Libre D'Orange Nombrile Immense could do it for an even lower price. The patch is very tenacious, reaching the other morning with a subdued fresh, camphorous vibe. It evolves to something clean and uplifting. The initial impression is seducing, contemplative, skin warm, familiar with a fine soft and cool but still cozy radiance of finest woods. It has a sandalwood sweetness to it.

ps: just spritzed it on for tonight - wow - as I described it above, like it!
    Last edited by WildThingy; 15th October 2010 at 05:46 PM.