Code of Conduct

Default Amouage Lyric Man which Montale is similar

is there a similar fragrance like Amouage Lyric from Montale?
    What ist with Attar?

looking for a cheaper Lyric and the Montales are strong and arabic, they must have a rose oud combo like Lyric but which is the closest to Lyric

thx
    scent up your life!

Default Re: Amouage Lyric Man which Montale is similar

That's a tough one. While I've tried a couple of Montale's, none of them is similar to lyric. They have a more powdery, rose with a projection that feels "thick". Lyric on the other hand is a brighter, slightly fresh rose. I prefer the montale's though.

I believe the Rose in Lyric is called "Rose Taifi" or "Rose Muhammadi". Maybe you should look for Arab perfumes with that notes. Though I'm not 100% positive.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it could be Aoud Saffran, but even that is not close to Lyric Man. Actually, I do not think any Montales smell close enough to Lyric Man.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

You'd need to find a Montale that has a ton of green notes throughout, because Lyric Man is a very green/fresh/dewy/ethereal rose. I've yet to find anything like it.

edit: btw, Lyric Man does not feature any aoud.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Hillaire

Aoud Damascus is quite similar, but not nearly as nice.
    Montales are hardly "cheaper" than Amouages.
    I often wonder about this whole attribution of cost prohibitiveness to Amouage scents. They cost no more than Tome Fords. Less than Creeds. Less than Lutens.
    Many niche offerings are only in 50 ml. And the AMouage 100ml are quite a savings. Available from U.K. (The Amouage boutique in London will ship to the U.S.) for 135 pounds, less than 200 USD.

I don't think you'll find anything in the Montale line that is similar to Lyric Man, maybe Aoud Damascus in a very vague way.

If price is a concern, I suggest purchasing a decant. I bought my 10ml a year ago and it's more than half full. It should last me 2-3 years with regular rotation since I only use 1 spray and it's very potent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    Aoud Damascus is quite similar, but not nearly as nice.
    Montales are hardly "cheaper" than Amouages.
    I often wonder about this whole attribution of cost prohibitiveness to Amouage scents. They cost no more than Tome Fords. Less than Creeds. Less than Lutens.
    Many niche offerings are only in 50 ml. And the AMouage 100ml are quite a savings. Available from U.K. (The Amouage boutique in London will ship to the U.S.) for 135 pounds, less than 200 USD.
    Actually, you're sort of right and wrong on some of these points. Amouage really depends on where you live, I'm from the middle east where fragrances in general are cheaper. And a 100ml is about $200 retail, $150 at duty free in the airport. The UK is the cheapest place to buy them it seems, the cheaper offers such as reflection and Dia can be found at $150 retail. In the US, the Average price seems to be $250-$300. In Canada, at least in Toronto, a 100ml is a whopping $450.

I'm very surprised there's such a variation on Amouage prices considering how exclusive they are, while Serge Lutens are $120 EVERYWHERE I go. I'm also surprised at Montale's prices internationally, they cost $75 for a 100ml in Kuwait! I wouldn't say they cost less than creeds, or lutens (a 50ml Amouage still costs more). Tom Fords are also very similar to Amouage, I've seen the 50ml go from anywhere between $100 to $250 depending on country. But, in reality, you're quite right, Amouage's price is exaggerated unless we're talking about the oils. I've very rarely seen someone complain about Frederic Malle's prices, which are almost identical to Amouage, except that you can find a deal on Amouage but never on Frederic Malle.

Anyway, we got off topic here. so I'll just repeat my point; Lyric men is fresh almost citrusy Rose, haven't smelt anything like it, specifically from Montale. And Hillaire is right, buying a montale won't save you money unless you live in the middle east and can get them for less than a $100. Oh and I forgot to mention, lyric has no aoud.

EDIT: I'll share this store with you, which is the cheapest I've found for Amouage. I'm by no means affiliated, buy at your on risk! http://www.fascination-perfumery.co....uage_Mens.html

About $150, a Montale will run you between $120-$170 usually, that's about the same.
    Last edited by Ekove; 13th October 2010 at 06:21 AM.

Actually, I just remembered I have smelled something that smells a bit like Lyric Man - well, the opening at least. You're never going to believe it, but the scent that's similar is Obsession Night For Women. I first thought - wtf, that can't be! But, looking at the notes list it makes sense - Obsession Night for Women features rose, angelica, citruses, sandalwood, vanilla and some more notes. I didnt' get a chance to compare drydowns, but the openings are fairly close. It's worth a sniff at least!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Actually, I just remembered I have smelled something that smells a bit like Lyric Man - well, the opening at least. You're never going to believe it, but the scent that's similar is Obsession Night For Women. I first thought - wtf, that can't be! But, looking at the notes list it makes sense - Obsession Night for Women features rose, angelica, citruses, sandalwood, vanilla and some more notes. I didnt' get a chance to compare drydowns, but the openings are fairly close. It's worth a sniff at least!
    Well, you are certaily familiar with Lyric Man, so I will take your word for it

Like others, I find Lyric Man potent. A decant, as someone above mentioned, will last a good while.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Post Thanks / Like

Aoud Rose petals.

Post Thanks / Like

SculptureOfSoul,

This off topic, Your mailbox is full. I wanted to see about that Memoir Man you have? PM me if you see this. And clear your mailbox out!

Cheers!
    Scents I have that are not in the database.

Amouage Molook Attar
    Full Incense - Montale
    Oudh Lacquer by Soivohle
    Shalimar Ode de la Vanille by Guerlain
    Mukhalat Makaki Perfume Oil by Swiss Arabian
    Man Amber by Halston
    Absolue pour le Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    Puro Intense by Nejma

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    I don't think you'll find anything in the Montale line that is similar to Lyric Man, maybe Aoud Damascus in a very vague way.
    Gosh, I really don't think you'll find anything in Montale's line that is similar to Lyric Man, but nsamadi's recommendation is probably the closest thing to being similar. I think I'm with him though in saying you're not going to find the same thing - just something you might enjoy in a like way.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Post Thanks / Like

Give a try to Louban from Montale. In a sense you might find them similar - to an extent of course.