Code of Conduct

Blog Entries

Default brace yourselves!!! FEUILLE VERTE lovers...

I just got back from the city and I spoke with Louis for awhile and FEUILLE VERTE is coming back sometimes this summer!!! THIS IS MOST EXCITING NEWS!!!Louis already put my name on the very limited list,so get a move on if you want a piece of this amazing parfume!Good luck everyone I will post more info as soon as it will become available! As of now it looks like its gonna be only 50 pieces!!! Damn Im excited about it! ;-)

Default Re: brace yourselves!!! FEUILLE VERTE lovers...

And what did he say the price will be?

50 pieces? That scares me.

Blog Entries

I know thats not a lot at all! but hey better then nothing it will cost 605.00

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    And what did he say the price will be?

50 pieces? That scares me.
    that doesnt mean its true tho...i was told that second batch of windsor was only 250 pieces and i do not believe thats true at all,but whatever im just glad im getting feuille verte again!!!=)

8 ounces I assume?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    8 ounces I assume?
    i would think so 8.4 ounce im sure

Banned

If recent history is a guide, fragrances that used to be sold in 250ml (Vintage Tab, Les Floralies) are being released in those 50ml atomizers. Don't be the slightest bit surprised if they're charging $300+ for 50ml.

Quote Originally Posted by nineXseven View Post
    If recent history is a guide, fragrances that used to be sold in 250ml (Vintage Tab, Les Floralies) are being released in those 50ml atomizers. Don't be the slightest bit surprised if they're charging $300+ for 50ml.
    Good point. Didn't the last 1.7 oz. Vintage Tabarome atomizer release sell for $405? Unfortunately it will be at least that much.
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears."

ACJIGGA'S FAVORITES - Xerjoff Nio, Xerjoff 1861, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Pour Homme, Yves Saint Laurent Opium Pour Homme EDP, Comme des Garcons Kyoto, Lattafa Ameer Al-Oudh EDP, Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa Oud & Slumberhouse Jeke

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nineXseven View Post
    no...it is 605.00 thats what he said..

Will carefully consider this. Thanks for the heads up.

that will be a happy blind buy, thanks for the heads up.

eric b

Quote Originally Posted by bjork728 View Post
    that doesnt mean its true tho...i was told that second batch of windsor was only 250 pieces and i do not believe thats true at all
    Well, before the phony Windsor came out there also was talk about how very limited, exclusive and already spoken for the edition was... there was talk about lists and how impossible it would be to get one's hands on a flacon...

The phony Windsor is still available at the boutique, even now, many months after, without any need to subscribe to any high-fallutin', secret list.

I might be interested in a decant of Feuille Verte, with no sense of urgency, and only after Dullah's extraordinarily savvy nose (he never acts like a Creed S.A. pushing his product down your throat) would confirm that the quality is at least compatible to what it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    Well, before the phony Windsor came out there also was talk about how very limited, exclusive and already spoken for the edition was... there was talk about lists and how impossible it would be to get one's hands on a flacon...

The phony Windsor is still available at the boutique, even now, many months after, without any need to subscribe to any high-fallutin', secret list.

I might be interested in a decant of Feuille Verte, with no sense of urgency, and only after Dullah's extraordinarily savvy nose (he never acts like a Creed S.A. pushing his product down your throat) would confirm that the quality is at least compatible to what it used to be.
    Well, being that I am no fan of the first Feuille Verte, I doubt I would be a large fan of this, but even without being a fan of it's "older style" / "femme style"....I can say without a doubt that Feuille Verte is one of the highest quality, most natural high end fragrances I have ever had the pleasure of smelling. Every note seemed of incredible quality.

I assume that this batch of limited 50 flacons could very well be of similar quality.

Blog Entries

Well,I still can't wait to get my hands on couple flacons ,but I see everyones point

I'd like to see it released to just enough people so everyone shuts up about it and we move on!! I'm totally kidding - but really I think it's a wonderful name and image it evokes (Green Leaf)... I've also heard it contains a great deal of oakmoss, so the femme aspect to it as Dullah mentions might refer to classic feminine chypres?

To release it in the leather atomizer is so frustrating to people who don't want to pay for the leather atomizer. $605 was also the first announced price of the Royal Exclusives, wasn't it?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDG View Post
    I'd like to see it released to just enough people so everyone shuts up about it and we move on!! I'm totally kidding - but really I think it's a wonderful name and image it evokes (Green Leaf)... I've also heard it contains a great deal of oakmoss, so the femme aspect to it as Dullah mentions might refer to classic feminine chypres?

To release it in the leather atomizer is so frustrating to people who don't want to pay for the leather atomizer. $605 was also the first announced price of the Royal Exclusives, wasn't it?
    Anthony,....it will be released in 8.4 ounce flacons and not leather atomizers. And it is not a part of royal exclusives plus I don't know why everyone is worried about what rating dullah will give .just give it a shot smell the sample sent to you by ny boutique and decide if it is pleasing to your nose enough to pay those prices or not!!!enjoy...

FV Update: The flacons are projected to be ready to roll on out of the NYC boutique in 4-6 weeks. That's before Mother's Day! Although the NYC Boutique is getting 50 pieces, my understanding is that Neiman-Marcus stores will also have a limited supply of FV as well.

Martin

I wonder when it will be formally announced?

And I can't wait to see if the notes listed match the 2006 release. If they don't, I will be disappointed. Perhaps not surprised, but disappointed.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

*yawn*

I never quite understood the almost supernatural hype surrounding Creed limited edition releases. Once again, people are going nuts, falling over themselves for the chance to fork out ridiculous amount of $ for these. 'viral marketing' at work? Or a simple case of limiting supply to boost prices & enhance 'exclusivity' factor?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    *yawn*

I never quite understood the almost supernatural hype surrounding Creed limited edition releases. Once again, people are going nuts, falling over themselves for the chance to fork out ridiculous amount of $ for these. 'viral marketing' at work? Or a simple case of limiting supply to boost prices & enhance 'exclusivity' factor?
    i don't understand. what is so strange about people who are fans of Creed perfumes being excited about a new release? isn't that normal behavior? for instance, I'm a fan of Coldplay. when they're about to release a new album, I am very excited for it.
    Last edited by Topsail; 23rd March 2011 at 12:37 PM.

Well, before the phony Windsor

and only after Dullah's extraordinarily savvy nose (he never acts like a Creed S.A. pushing his product down your throat)
    i've gotten the impression that you aren't a fan of the latest supply of Windsor. and part of this is due to the fact that you think dullah doesn't like it?

i was doing some reading on Windsor recently and came across this review. pretty kind words for someone who just called Windsor "shoddy" in another thread. I'm curious as to what made dullah change his mind so much. his first impression was clearly a very good one:

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Got my 2 flacons of batch C8110E01, and it is still great juice, when compared to the world of perfumery. But this new batch has quite distinct differences with my 4 flacons from the original batch. The overall character evoked in the first batch was a field of pale pink and many shades of green, with a layer of dewdrops and sparkling/crystalline/resinous magic over it. The second batch gets right to the resinous magic from the get go, but evokes a darker, more mauve/burgundy color, no pale pink, and certainly a more grey shade of green, instead of the mixed bright green/dark green of the first batch.....and the biggest hit imo is the lack of a certain prismic/crystalline sparkle. Still very good juice though, don't get it twisted.

Most apparent, is there is definitely less eucalyptus, quite a bit less, so much so, that I feel the composition doesn't sparkle like the first batch. This may be a big plus for those who felt the first batch smelled too medicinal, but I think it takes away a wonderful, beautifully fresh and uplifting contrast. 2nd, there seems to be less greens/leafiness as well. The original batch had alot of green leafiness to it, which again, brought a certain freshness to the floral/spicy heart. There seems to be less Lime and Pine as well, but these were minor players in the first batch, so I'll let that slide.

One thing that has become more noticable in this batch, is the very slight hint of tropical fruit. Now, IDK if this is supposed to be the "Bahamain Orange", in the base, but the fruitiness of the base seems to be slightly stronger. Unsure if it's presence has increased due to other elements being pulled back, or if it's actual amount in the mix has been increased, but it shows up a litle bit more for sure.

The drydown of both batches is almost identical, the same Cedar, Tonka Bean, and floral undertone, perhaps just slightly take some piney/green essence out of the new and replace it with a slight bit extra fruit...but this change is very slight. Again drydown almost identical.

Another very apparent difference, which I'm not sure what it means, is the color of the juice. The newer batch is much lighter and yellower, whereas the older batch was a deeper reddish/brownish/cognac color.

But rest assured everyone, this new batch is still very very good, just a little different is all.

*yawn*

I disagree. Let's go back to 2006. Creed had two limited editions that year that I recall: Feuille Verte and Royal Ceylan. Both disappeared quickly. There was high praise for Feuille Verte; while Royal Ceylan was barely noticed and those that tested it gave it a lukewarm reception at best. I know I am one of the people praising Feuille Verte. I own it and have worn it many times. But honestly, I suspect I have little impact on the excitement here. Those that like it find it one of the best green scents there is.

Will the 2011 incarnation of Feuille Verte be identical or as interesting as the 2006 edition? I have no idea. I proceed with caution.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Hey I do apreciate the fan mentality, but I wouldn't underestimate 'hype' as a factor influencing buying decisions. People have blind bought stuff for much less 'hype'. Some years back Singaporeans from all walks of life waited in mile long queues to get hold of 'Hello Kitty' dolls sold exclusively with McDonald meals. To call it 'bizarre' would be an understatement. I remember laughing at the absurdity of it all.

I love airy green scents and would love to get some Feuille Verte but I just don't love the idea of limited editions/releases esp. in big overpriced flacons. Is anyone thinking of hosting a split?

Good to hear - I did make several requests for this as well. Its one of my favorite green fragrances. It will be interesting to see how they handle the re-launch interms of the formula - 2006 was FIVE insane perfume industry regulation years ago.
    Last edited by shadesofbleu; 24th March 2011 at 02:32 AM. Reason: removed off-topic comments
    -

I tried Feuille Verte a few years ago from a small sample and don't really remember it. I don't tend to like floral fragrances so not sure if it is for me. I still don't get the hatred for the new Windsor. I have owned flacons of both and while I do find them different, I don't find the second one any less enjoyable.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Banned

One the one hand I'd be worried if, as AnthonyDG says, the original formula contained oakmoss. On the other hand I've picked up NOS Angelique Encens direct from Creed that was old-formula (green flacon/no allergen list), so perhaps they're willing to eschew the IFRA regs? Academic entirely.

Banned

Hey I do apreciate the fan mentality, but I wouldn't underestimate 'hype' as a factor influencing buying decisions. People have blind bought stuff for much less 'hype'. Some years back Singaporeans from all walks of life waited in mile long queues to get hold of 'Hello Kitty' dolls sold exclusively with McDonald meals. To call it 'bizarre' would be an understatement. I remember laughing at the absurdity of it all.
    Wait... do you have one of those McDonald's Hello Kitty toys? I'll swap you my Creeds for one...

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells View Post
    I tried Feuille Verte a few years ago from a small sample and don't really remember it. I don't tend to like floral fragrances so not sure if it is for me. I still don't get the hatred for the new Windsor. I have owned flacons of both and while I do find them different, I don't find the second one any less enjoyable.
    I agree. The difference to my nose is very subtle and only at the opening. Windsor II might have slightly better legs as well. I do understand and respect those that highly prefer the first version though.

Martin

Martin