Code of Conduct

Default Virgin Island Water vs Green Irish Tweed

idk about Creed. It smells good, but im not completely sure if its good enough to get a 4.0 oz bottle for the price of 4 bottles. But if i were to buy a Creed, it would come down to Virgin Island water and Green Irish Tweed.

I like the overall smell of Virgin Island water better. to me its one of the best and most addicting scents ive ever smelt, but the rumors of poor longeivty and projection scare me.

Can someone compare the projection and longeivty of green irish tweed and virgin island water ?? and maybe your input on comparing the two fragrances? thank u

Default Re: Virgin Island Water vs Green Irish Tweed

I think git is more versatile , can be used all year round, is fresh but masculine. Projects fairly well and lasts longer than viw, but it depends on your skin. Viw is a more pleasing smell. I would say try them both out and see which one works for you.

thanks for the input 007. theres a creed boutique at the nordstroms 15 minutes from my house so it shouldnt be so hard.

but man i absolutely love the smell of Virgin Island Water.

It smells great but not necessarily the most wearable, i have a 2.5 oz bottle of it trust it can be addicting and it makes you happy but I use it now more for special occasions. If you love viw you should try aventus, it has the tropical vibe but it is more wearable.

the thing is, projection and longevity are extremely important to me. so can u rank green irish tweed, virgin island water, and aventus in terms of projection and longevity?

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    the thing is, projection and longevity are extremely important to me. so can u rank green irish tweed, virgin island water, and aventus in terms of projection and longevity?
    As far as projection and longevity on my skin Aventus takes it, i would say i get a good 8 hours plus with aventus, git probably 6 and viw about 2-4 depending on climate, skin moisture,etc. Aventus projects really well and lasts a long time on me, I used to hate it because my body chemistry was off but now the pineapple stays throughout and it smells really nice. Try it on you and see if it works out, you cannot go wrong and this is coming from someone who did not like aventus at first but now i love it.
    Last edited by DavidBond007; 13th October 2010 at 04:32 AM.

hmm ok. will do. i already have a sample of green irish tweed. im going to go to the nordstroms and get samples of aventus and virgin island water. i briefly smelled aventus on a paper strip at the creed event i went to, and i dont remember it. but to me i really dont it could beat the smell of virgin island water for me.

viw is a fav of mine but it can be spotty on longevity but i still love it, I would say compare the 3 and see what works for you. Git is nice but aventus can easily join the ranks of git, viw is nice but more of a novelty scent, it is not as serious or masculine as git.

I have read on these boards about people having longevity issues with creed perfumes but I am in luck here because almost all creeds last a very long time on me ...especially VIW, that thing last on me all day literally 16hrs plus and GIT last about 8-10hrs. I know a lot of people on these boards bash creeds as much as they can but honestly they make some really good smelling perfumes. I have given many creed fragrances as gifts and the people are always amazed by the smell of it but like David said, you shoukd try it on yourself and if I were you I would get both and wear VIW for special occasions and GIT on a more frequent basis.

I agree with David....GIT is infintely more versatile. Longevity wise it lasts on me longer as well......

To me VIW is only like 10ml decant worthy, just based on how often I would wear it personally....if you like it though, go for it. I think you have to be prepared to go through more, due to reapplications though

Virgin Island Water for me... GIT is used by to many, I see no reason to jump on that particular wagon.
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

Virgin Island Water is one of the only fragrance that actually emotional lift my mood. It makes me happy. Puts a smile on my face. If i break down and get a Creed then i dont know how i can pass up such a thing haha

GIT is pretty, but also pretty common. After all, it was created by Bourdon who later unleashed Cool Water on the world so his genre is more mass appeal than niche. VIW (created by Olivier Creed) I absolutely love, and you can get it online discounted so I'm willing to forgive the lack of longevity. How can you not be in a good mood wearing VIW?!
    Last edited by blondex199667; 13th October 2010 at 05:37 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by gdawg View Post
    I have read on these boards about people having longevity issues with creed perfumes but I am in luck here because almost all creeds last a very long time on me ...especially VIW, that thing last on me all day literally 16hrs plus and GIT last about 8-10hrs. I know a lot of people on these boards bash creeds as much as they can but honestly they make some really good smelling perfumes. I have given many creed fragrances as gifts and the people are always amazed by the smell of it but like David said, you shoukd try it on yourself and if I were you I would get both and wear VIW for special occasions and GIT on a more frequent basis.
    Nicely said,most creeds wear fine on me with no issue on longevity with that being said my skin fries colognes. I will probably have to wear some moisturizer to help i guess. My advice to Jonny is to buy the one you enjoy the most and can see yourself wearing a lot. Viw is like crack for fragrance nuts that stuff is addicting. Viw definitely lifts ones spirit that is for sure.

I'd pick VIW, simply for the fact that I enjoy it more. GIT to me is a sickly sweet green fragrance. No thanks.
    ôLove is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.ö
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

I loved VIW when I bought it--and it's nice, but not very versatile. I get bored with it quickly. GIT, on the other hand seems to get better the more I wear it.

If you're going to pluck down a decent amount of money on either of these two scents, I don't see how it can be anything but Green Irish Tweed.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    If you're going to pluck down a decent amount of money on either of these two scents, I don't see how it can be anything but Green Irish Tweed.
    I completely agree. GIT's sheer versatility makes it the better purchase and the fact that it is fairly popular should not be an issue. Longevity and projection are also far superior. It's the only choice IMHO.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 13th October 2010 at 08:30 AM.

i'll start by saying they are both great picks. back in august i was in this same exact situation. i loved both of them but could only get one. so here is what i did, i sprayed one on each wrist and wore them around for a couple hours and here is how it played out. VIW blended extremely well with my skins chemistry, while GIT projected and stayed on top of the skin more. i went with GIT and wear it often. I just recently bought a share in a VIW bottle split which should be here in a couple days. so ill have both great scents.

You just have to compare both yourself as the result varies a lot. I have a decant of VIW and enjoy the top notes, but it dies down quickly. I also don't care about the coconut part it develops to. As for GIT, the projection is very bad on me. Two spritzes to the neck from a 2.5 oz tester, my friend at the back seat couldn't smell it 15 minutes later.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    viw is a fav of mine but it can be spotty on longevity but i still love it, I would say compare the 3 and see what works for you. Git is nice but aventus can easily join the ranks of git, viw is nice but more of a novelty scent, it is not as serious or masculine as git.
    +1.

Virgin Island Water wins for me.

Jonny - did you go for a creed in the end then?

It seems to me like you've answerd your own question really, the way you talk about VIW makes it seem like the natural choice.
    If longevity is really an issue then you can always decant some into an atomizer for carrying round with you.