Code of Conduct

Default What are some fragrances that you like (or love) that are in bottles you hate?

I have just started getting into fragrances and have come across one thing, not all bottles are created equal. That poses the question, do you like a fragrance but can't stand the bottle that it is in. Also, fragrances you hate but are in bottles you love. I have to say (athough I have limited experience) Le Male is a fragrance I enjoy but put off simply trying it because of the tacky bottle. Let's just say it doesn't look very classy. What do you guys think?

Default Re: What are some fragrances that you like (or love) that are in bottles you hate?

Oddly, Le Male was the first example I thought of the minute I've read the title of this thread

Also, Rochas Man

DeepSilence

Default Re: What are some fragrances that you like (or love) that are in bottles you hate?

1+ Rochas Man
    Pasha De Cartier

C&S Oxford and Cambridge

The bottle, and especially cap, are just so cheap. It's unfitting for such a wonderful fragrance.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

i dont like opium bottle !

Boss Bottled, LOVE the fragrance, the bottleis just too simple, i would love a 'fancy' bottle!

Fendi Uomo

a huge plastic nightmare!

I love running my fingers up and down a bottle of Le Male. Such wonderful contours...

Plastic trigger of Cartier Declaration

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    I love running my fingers up and down a bottle of Le Male. Such wonderful contours...
    Is that in the same way I love to run my tongue around the sensual lines of the Salvador Dali mouth bottle

Rochas Man, Diesel Green Masculine, Samba Kiss Me (Samba bottles in general), Bod Man Body Heat Sexy X2 (I don't so much hate the bottle on this one, but I hate the cap)

Guerlain's rather expensive Rose Barbare, part of their L'Art et la Matiere series, utilizes a generic rectangular bottle and comes with one of those funny bulb atomizers, as well as a rather plain, cheap looking spray mechanism. The problem is, besides looking really crummy, the regular atomizer does not have a cap, so if you choose to use it you end up with something that resembles a counter top tester, all for $235! The packaging team at Guerlain seems to be working with a very low budget these days, another of their high end release, Arsène Lupin - $225, is bottled in the exact same bottles as the L'Art et la Matiere series, only they've framed it in the cheapest wood - were they hoping that no one noticed? I did!

Lauder Intuition.

Ugly bottle, difficult to hold and spray with one hand.

Blog Entries

Not that it -bothers- me per say, but the Rochas Man bottle just looks... inappropriate to me. I kind of laugh every time I wear it

I love the original Claiborne for Men fragrance but hate the attempt at a "post-modern" bottle. What were they thinking?

I vote for Jaipur pour Homme by Boucheron.

80s shoulder pads with a plastic cap. Not befitting a jeweler.

Quote Originally Posted by ausamamira View Post
    i dont like opium bottle !
    That's the one i was gonna say!
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    Not that it -bothers- me per say, but the Rochas Man bottle just looks... inappropriate to me. I kind of laugh every time I wear it
    I'd laugh at you too, if I saw you wearing that bottle!!! lol
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Blog Entries

Cabaret by Gres
    Rouge by Christian Lacroix
    Paloma Picasso by Paloma Picasso
    Youth-Dew by Estee Lauder
    Amarige by Givenchy
    The Infidel by Agonist
    Imari by Avon

Hmm I would say Hummer is one of those colognes I kinda like...but the bottle is really odd....idk if I like it or not...maybe I do a bit, but the way sprays out doesn't always work.

+1 Le Male, but anyway I don't really like the fragrance too.
    Armani Code, I like some tall bottles but don't like the shape of this one.
    And I definitely hate the 1 Million bottle but never smelled the fragrance yet, maybe the juice is worthy, though.

Hmm I would say Hummer is one of those colognes I kinda like...but the bottle is really odd....idk if I like it or not...maybe I do a bit, but the way sprays out doesn't always work.
    The cap is a bit overdone, but the glass part is very cool, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Weimar27 View Post
    Cabaret by Gres

OMG, one would have to be an I Dream of Jeannie fanatic to find any love for this kitsch attempt at Arabic exoticism!

The bottle shape does matter to me. Unlike some of you, however, I appreciate the shape of Le Male. I wish more companies would use some creativity. I kind of like simple, but elegant, like Prada or Gucci. And while I like Gendarme, I find the bottle just simple...but not elegant!

YSL Rive Gauche ph: a fantastic scent in an orrible hair spray bottle!

While I appreciate its understated dignity, I've always thought PdN's New York's bottle is a bit plain. Seems like they could've been a bit more creative...it's just an elongated Aramis bottle.

Rochas Man is pretty goofy. I had a bottle of Opium pH years ago, and found the bottle really cheap in both look and feel--not befitting of the fragrance itself, IMO. Rive Gauche is odd, but it doesn't bother me, although I put a big ding in it last time it was in my suitcase. Even if I liked Le Male, I probably wouldn't buy it. I prefer my bottles without a "bulge".

That said, I can't say I "hate" any of the ones I own. I think my least favorites would have to be my A*Men bottles. I like the practicality, look, and feel of them, but working the sprayer underneath the rubber sucks. I'd prefer a normal, metal sprayer on the top of the bottle.

D&G By Man deserves much better (including reincarnation!)
    +1 for the cheap plastic cap on Jaipur (ditto for Pour Homme)
    +1 for Rive Gauche
    -1 for Boss Bottled: I actually like the bottle! I think I favour simple cylindrical or square chunky bottles
    One of my most hated bottles: Emporio Armani He. Yep, that'd be my #1

Sculpture of Soul: that's the second time today we both agree strongly on a fragrance: Grey Flannel earlier and now C&S Oxford and Cambridge. I only have a sample of O&C so I can't comment on the bottle but I adore the fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by ubergeek View Post
    Lauder Intuition.

Ugly bottle, difficult to hold and spray with one hand.
    Totally agree, great frag, bottle is NOT practical!
    Gary II

Rive Gauche (goofy, feels cheap) and Body Kouros (looks cheap, unstable)

The Montales should be in something other than a tin can. CDG Incense series should be in a fancy bottle.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Point Blank

Santal Noble.

body kouros
    opium femme

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    Well the bottle designers had to find a way to keep all the ladies busy that you'll bring home when you wear the fragrance... because there'll be too many for you keep occupied alone

To quote a line from a Flight of the Conchords song: "...too many to count, mutha uckers."

#1. Caron L'Anarchiste
    Awesome combo of apple, spices, orange blossom, woods, musks...
    .....in a f#@king copper tombstone with "Tim Burton font" all over it.
    Disaster of a bottle covering an incredibly good scent.

#2: Penhaligon's Eau De Cologne anthology.

Awesome contemporary/traditional EDC in a tiny 100ml (these 100ml's are tiny), with a super awkward olive green bowtie on the cap. The leather string-wrap tied around the castile and Opus caps make Penhaligon's bottles not-so-awful. Penhaligon's should keep the bowties on the packaging somehow, but get it off the caps.

Other than those two my wardrobe seems to be in cool/practical ergonomic bottles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqxnm6t3QMw

That's how I feel about atomizers that dribble out great stuff.