Code of Conduct

Default Best place to get 5/10ml bottles for decanting?

I'm looking to decant some of my fragrances to carry around to work, etc.

Where is the best place to get them, and has anyone got any tips on the best techniques of decanting EDT's.

many thanks.
    Last edited by Hudzilla; 13th October 2010 at 12:15 PM.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Best place to get 5/10ml bottles for decanting?

I buy from AccessoriesforFragrances.com. They will include at least one pipette (good for decanting from splash bottles) and a small funnel. I find I don't need to use the funnels unless I'm decanting into a tiny glass vial.

To decant into their atomizers, just point the spray nozzle into the opening of the atomizer and spritz slowly. If you spray slowly it sometimes comes out in a stream rather than a mist and less is lost into the air.

If I'm shipping the atomizer or carrying it onto a plane, I like to further seal the threads with a bit of teflon tape such as plumbers use.

Other sellers of bottles include Lotioncrafters and Pilotvials.

I have had good service from pilotvials.com.

Default Best place to get 5/10ml bottles for decanting?

I've tried PilotVials, fast but somewhat expensive intl shipping. A4F received lots of positive comments, and I too think they are the best in the market right now.

This is a bit off-topc, but I'd love to know how and what do you use for labeling your decant bottles?

P-Touch label maker works great.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cusut View Post

This is a bit off-topc, but I'd love to know how and what do you use for labeling your decant bottles?
    If the decants are for my own use, I just use plain adhesive labels (these are included if you buy glass vials from Accessories for Fragrances, or you can buy packages of plain white labels at an office supply store) and put clear tape over them to keep them from coming unstuck and to protect the ink on the label from smudging if I get a bit of moisture or fragrance on it.

If I'm sending samples or decants to others my cramped handwriting isn't good enough-- or small enough! So I create a document for each recipient which has:
    • my return address and their shipping address (and I copy and paste it so there are 2 sets on the page; cut out one to tuck into the package and use the other for the shipping label
    • at the bottom of this same document I type the perfume's name and house in the font and size that will fit the vial or atomizer. After printing out this page I cut out the tiny label and tape it onto the vial.

I suppose if you have label-making software you can do this more efficiently but I don't do enough to make the expense worthwhile.

Check out Ebay. The sellers from Hong Kong/China will almost always be the cheapest, even with shipping (they don't charge that much). I haven't had any problems with them. All products I've received were good quality.

Blog Entries

Are there any places like Target, Wal*Mart...basically places you can go into and buy stuff that will sell decant bottles?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Last year at Sephora I saw small (3-4 ml) decant atomizers for $9.99, if I recall correctly. Did not buy.
    Nordstom had some 4 ml atomizers (in metallic red, silver or black finish) for $5 each over the summer. I bought a few.

I've never seen such things at Walmart or Target or other such stores.

Blog Entries

I solved my own problem (im posting cause this may help a few people). I took a 15mL bottle of something i no longer wore (Vurt Red) and emptied it. I then took every possible part of it apart. I put all of the parts in boiling water for 5 minutes...no trace of the original fragrance is left!