Code of Conduct
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Online Shopping

Default Re: A good cheap site to buy fragrances online?

Last edited by B.I.G.; 12th May 2010 at 11:24 AM.

I purchased 75 ml L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme Eau de Toilette Spray from cheap-perfume.co.uk for €32.80 + postage. Does that seem too low to you?

http://www.cheap-perfume.co.uk/onlin...ette-spray.cfm

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    http://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/ is great for european customers. KrugerIndustrialSmoothing, have you tried?
    No, not yet.
    Last edited by KrugerIndustrialSmoothing; 12th May 2010 at 01:03 PM.

Any experience with http://www.ljshopping.net/? Some of their prices are very low and most of the reviews on eopinions seem great, with the exception of the apparently crappy customer service.

I say just stick with the tried and proven sites so you don't get ripped off. There's no need to venture to unknown territory when there are already reliable and established sites.

Hmmm, looks like they're from New York. This makes me a bit of a skeptic all ready. What I'll do is order something off their website that's CHEAP and how the service/juice goes.

I bought most of my fragrances from Amazon.com (the frags are shipped from and sold by amazon.com). The price is pretty cheap. they currently sell Body Kouros 3.4oz for $33.68. The thing that set amazon.com apart from other online fragrance selling sites is the amazing customer service and fast shipment.
    Last edited by jasonx; 13th May 2010 at 08:11 AM.

I picked up a bottle of La Nuit De L'Homme on Amazone from "DiscountPerfumes" it has a 98% positive rating, anyone have any experience w/ this seller?

It's a tester, which I heard is better in terms of not being fake since counterfeiters tend to fake retail bottles. I also have a sample from sephora to test it against. Anyone ever heard of these guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    http://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/ is great for european customers. KrugerIndustrialSmoothing, have you tried?
    I bought Habit Rouge EdP for a song from these guys recently and they shipped it fast to the US with no issues. Unfortunately, their selection is somewhat limited and HR EdP is sold out now.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Default Re: The BIG list of online stores - your input needed!

Someone explain this crap....sounds like fraud to me...anyone?

Thank you for your recent FragranceNet.com order.

For your protection and security, your order is currently on hold.
    We were unable to verify your credit card Billing Address with your credit card company.

Follow the below instructions and
    ***** Receive an EXTRA 10% OFF your order *****

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but
    in order to process and ship your order we require that you

*Fax us a copy of the front & back of your credit card*
    (please use this email as your fax cover sheet)

-Attention Order Review Department
    -Order Number: XXXXXXXX
    -fax to the USA, fax number: 631-582-8433
    -please fax us a copy of the front and back of your credit card

Default What are good places to buy fragrances online

I was thinking fragrancenet.com would save me a lot of money but I have heard way to many horror stories to consider using them id rather spend a little more to make sure I get the product i want any advice on some trust worthy websites?

any body had experience with perfumeworldwide.com ?

I don't have experience with perfumeworldwide.com but they share an address with perfume-center.com. Maybe someone else has had experience with either site.

Default Reputable online stores?

Well, it's finally happened: I've actually gone through an entire bottle of cologne.

I decide "okay, I guess it's time for a refill," so go onto fragrancenet and search, only to see the cologne (Roma Uomo btw) is only available there in .8 oz minis! Was pretty pissed.

Anyways, since this stuff is literally impossible to find in actual stores in America, what are some online stores that are known to be good/have a reputation for quality? I've only ever used fragrancenet to buy colognes online, and I probably won't consider Amazon or eBay. FragranceX lists it but it's out of stock there. Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Reputable online stores?

Check out the Internet Shopping forum, Jack. Look for the "BIG" thread.

http://www.basenotes.net/forums/19-I...hopping-Guides

Thanks, I looked on all of the most popular other online stores listed in that thread, and found a lot of alternatives I could use in the future. Unfortunately not one of them had a 2.5 oz of what I wanted =\

Hello,

I have check with www.worldSfragrances.com ? I am sure they will be able to help you find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack103 View Post
    Well, it's finally happened: I've actually gone through an entire bottle of cologne.

I decide "okay, I guess it's time for a refill," so go onto fragrancenet and search, only to see the cologne (Roma Uomo btw) is only available there in .8 oz minis! Was pretty pissed.

Anyways, since this stuff is literally impossible to find in actual stores in America, what are some online stores that are known to be good/have a reputation for quality? I've only ever used fragrancenet to buy colognes online, and I probably won't consider Amazon or eBay. FragranceX lists it but it's out of stock there. Thanks in advance!

Default buying fragrances online

what is the best and cheapest site to order cologne from? looking to get a bottle of rive gauche. thanks!!

Default Re: buying fragrances online

Quote Originally Posted by dogsinatub View Post
    what is the best and cheapest site to order cologne from? looking to get a bottle of rive gauche. thanks!!
    Here are some that have it and are discount sites...looks like X is cheaper. I also purchased this on ebay for cheap before...$19..so that is another option

http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_..._products.html

http://www.fragrancenet.com/rive-gau...0?cur_letter=R
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

The best one I found was parfum1.com, totally legit, based in NYC. They've got a 4oz for about $35, less a 15% discount (search around), although they charge tax.

Brick and morter best price I found was Walmart actually! $25 for the 4oz.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I've used Amazon.com. Shipping is fast and never had an issue with the colognes being old or anything.
    "Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."

www.mypure.co.uk

They sell mainly organic skincare products, but will also launch very soon organic perfumes, like Acorelle!!!

Good info.

Scentiments
    99 Perfume

Quote Originally Posted by KrugerIndustrialSmoothing View Post
    Cheap-perfume.co.uk? Any info if this is reliable and do not sell fakes? I sure do hope not as I just ordered from them
    Looks very much legit to me!

Typically, any online fragrance site specifically offering authentic fragrances with a 100% money back guarantee if you aren't satisfied with the scent. My favorites are:

www.fragrancenet.comwww.christmaseverymonth.comwww.fragrancex.com

Other sites like Sephora simply do not offer the deals you would expect when shopping online. I like to save money when shopping online.

Default Where do you buy your fragrances online?

I'm trying to buy a few fragrances and am currently outside the US in the Dominican Republic and wanted to purchase a few fragrances because here everything is soo expensive. Where can I buy fragrances online that have good service and quality products? Been on this board for a few months now and decided to make an account. Thanks everybody for all the great info on this board. Thanks.

Default Re: Where do you buy your fragrances online?

luckyscent.com is reputable at the time of writing this.
    Also they ship internationally.

for swap/sale:

I've used Luckyscent and been extremely happy with the fragrances, packaging and service. Great in all respects so far.

I've also used Fragrancenet and been just ok with them. The fragrances themselves are fine but the packaging/bottle may not be in the best condition especially once they reach you because the packaging is quite poor. I've not had to deal with their customer service but the general feedback is that it's a bit poor. They are quite cheap though.

Thank you for your responses. What about buying testers from ebay? I was recently bid on a tester that is new in the box and the seller's rating is 99.1% positive feedback. I guess I'll give Luckyscent.com a try and fragrancenet.com also. Thanks again.

Default Re: trusted places to order online

i've bought several from www.perfumeemporium.com . i've come to trust them since I live across water and I'm impatient. If they ship out on friday, I usually get on Monday, although your mileage may vary... Plus, when you look at a fragrance and begin to close, they come back with a WAIT, take $6.00 off your order..

The finalists in the 2011 Basenotes Awards were:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/277...2011-Finalists

BEST ONLINE PERFUMERY

AUS LIEBE ZUM DUFT
    EBAY (yeah, really!)
    ESCENTUAL
    FRAGRANCE NET
    LES SENTUEURS
    LUCKY SCENT
    STRAWBERRYNET
    THE PERFUMED COURT

I'm buying from www.fragranceexpress.com

They ship to Brazil using Priority Mail with tracking number and the shipping price is lower than most of other stores that send without tracking.

Ordered 8 bottles and never had any problems with them.

99 perfumes.com

Default Re: trusted places to order online

The finalists in the 2011 Basenotes Awards were:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/277...2011-Finalists

BEST ONLINE PERFUMERY

AUS LIEBE ZUM DUFT
    EBAY (yeah, really!)
    ESCENTUAL
    FRAGRANCE NET
    LES SENTUEURS
    LUCKY SCENT
    STRAWBERRYNET
    THE PERFUMED COURT

Post where to find cheap frags?

just wanted to know where i can find discounted colognes....

Default Re: where to find cheap frags?

Google search. There is a massive amount of online discounters. Once you find one that has a product you like at a price you like, search reviews of the company to make sure they are legit.

fragrancenet and fragrancex

for swap/sale:

thanks guys

Fragrancex has always one of the best prices. If you create a wholesale account, them, GOD its about 30% or more cheap than the regular prices.

About all the serge lutens at wholesale prices go for 80usd

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    fragrancenet and fragrancex
    Definitely these two among others.

Also try Parfum1 and Beauty Encounter. They are also discounters.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

If you don't care about the look of the bottle, you could always go for a decant.

The Perfumed Court
    is a good site.

Gotta love trying stuff for cheap, but they also sell larger volumes and full manufacturer's bottles of some.

Ross! Smell for less!

Scentmonkey is grrrreat

If you want to buy it in store, you can check TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Ross, etc. They usually carry an okay amount.

I always order from fragrancex.com and have never had a problem.

Default these site on line

dear friends
    do you know these site? :
    http://www.illuminumperfumelounge.com
    http://www.roullierwhite.com/
    http://www.29casanova.com/
    do you shipping with courier or priority mail?

Amazon, Ebay, Basenotes Market Place
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

Default Could youl tell me your favorite webstore with worldwide shipping? Help us all.

1) Safe packaging? Bubble plastic, isopor?
    2) Fast? How many days

Its for worldwide shipping. Thank you all guys.

Default Re: Could youl tell me your favorite webstore with worldwide shipping? Help us all.

Default Re: Could youl tell me your favorite webstore with worldwide shipping? Help us all.

Lucky scent.com albeit high international postage charges.

for swap/sale:

strawberrynet.com always sends their stuff in very secure packing and the prices are decent.

fragrancedirect.co.uk
    cheapsmells.co.uk
    perfumeemporium.com (they have plenty discount codes)

Quote Originally Posted by cannotavoidtrite View Post
    strawberrynet.com always sends their stuff in very secure packing and the prices are decent.
    +1

They've never failed me.
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

Quote Originally Posted by jathanas View Post
    +1

They've never failed me.
    Nor me.

fragrancex has free worldwide shipping, and pretty good prices generally. Seems to be the best balance of both, but shipping times are long, and it also doesn't have a great reputation online.

Parfum1 was also good, great packaging, well priced.

My one experience from Fragrancenet was bad, they doubled my order and charged me twice, and wanted me to pay $15 to send it back to them. Also, I know everyone raves about their prices, but I find them to be pretty aveage.

Price wise, I do think Scented Monkey is the best, they do ship internationally, but I have heard they are a bit hit or miss. If I lived in the States, I could easily spend stupid money on SM.
    Last edited by Neil4Speed; 21st October 2011 at 05:02 PM.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Any international guys know if luckyscent tick the gift option and are prepared to declare a low $ amount on the customs form?

My favourite is First in Fragrance. The shipping is pricey thats true. However, they have a vast selection of high end frags., they do send samples with orders over 50.00cad and they have a generous sample program. The packages arrive tightly packed and they have included sniffing strips if you need them. The turnaround time for full botttle purchases is quite quick, samples only are slower. Germany to Canada in approx 7 days, and no customs concerns.
    What did Obi-Wan say to Luke at the dinnertable?
    Use the fork, Luke.

fragrancex.com used to have free worldwide shipping but doesn't anymore. I live in Argentina and the first time I ordered something from fragrancex.com, it took 2 months to arrive but the second time, it took 2 weeks. I have to pay a 50 percent import tax so I also would like to know if anyone is willing to declare a low value on the perfume.

Quote Originally Posted by YEAHBUDDY View Post
    Any international guys know if luckyscent tick the gift option and are prepared to declare a low $ amount on the customs form?
    This is quite important here in Brazil. I bypass tax when they do it. I would like to know the sites that do that too.