Code of Conduct

Default Montale's Musk to Musk

I was really excited to give this one a try and I've been sampling it on and off the past week, and must say I'm really disappointed in it. Smells like bathroom cleaner with musk underneath it all. The scent definitely didnt get any better as time went on. It just got a bit louder and ugh....

Anyone else have experience with this one? Just curious what you pull out of it.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Default Re: Montale's Musk to Musk

it does have a note which is persistent and sharp in the first hour or so.. thereafter, i felt it's a pretty good mineralic rose with a dash of oudh...

talking about toilet cleaners...try Tauer's Incense extreme..

This is absolutely one of my favorite Montles. it works well in both cold and warm weather. I love this scent!

Also find it as an all-purpose Montale.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by cairomerta View Post
    This is absolutely one of my favorite Montles. it works well in both cold and warm weather. I love this scent!
    Ditto.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I love it. My favorite musk-heavy Montale. I actually pined for it for months after using my sample. Give it another try. Don't overspray though (like any of the musk based Montales), but if you already have a negative association in your mind about this one, you might have to move to the next. I've found it only takes maybe a half of what you usually spray for Montales to get the right level. You're right that it doesn't develop much, so being light on the trigger is important so you don't get bored.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

I too get a strong cleaner accord - to me it smells like Windex + nutmeg. Sadly, this one doesn't work on me. I'll have to revisit it though as I've found that certain musks that used to bother me (I believe I was hyperosmic to them) no longer do, so maybe I'll finally see.. er, sniff.. what everyone else does in this one.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I didn't get this one at first either. For M2M, IMHO, you have to like musk and you have to like Montale's particular brand of musk. This note appears in many of his compositions. M2M does go through a transition quickly and is very persistent.
    Try and see if you can get rid of your unfortunate association by wearing it in different settings, weather conditions, etc. It'd be worth a try. Once it settle on your skin, it's comforting and beautiful.

Yeah, so far I've tried Black Aoud and Musk to Musk. And it's taken BA a while to warm up to me. Mostly because of the rose note which I normally dont like, but it's slowly growing on me.

Im still testing M2M and see if it does the same.

Basenotes Plus

Note to self: avoid smelling bathroom cleaners (?)

M2M is just sexy on me (according to my lady). I learn the key to wearing any musk or heavy scents is to go very light on the trigger (e.g. one spray instead of the usual 3-4). And btw Kerosene, I'm also wondering if what you smell is in the sillage or on a nose-to-skin basis? The scent profiles can be worlds apart and I try to make such a distinction before writing any fragrance off.

Well, my bathroom needs a good cleaning from time to time. But I'll try not to breath too much in next time...

I dont have a bottle, just a little Luckyscent sample. I apply it lightly actually and it's pretty potent to me. Like most fragrances, I like to give things a solid few runnings before I dismiss it. Still not done with it yet but was just curious if others smelled something similiar as me.