Code of Conduct

Default the old good times: what did you wear when you was at high school?

My high school perioud was from 1987 to 1992.
    I used Lacoste original and Guy Laroche Drakkar Noir.

Default Re: the old good times: what did you wear when you was at high school?

I was one of few that actually wore cologne in my school.
    I graduated in '93 & the only fragrances I ever wore in high school were Drakkar & Obsession.

Drakkar Noir, Obsession, Chaps, Polo, Joop!, Cool Water

Just graduated this past June lol, but I used Fuel For Life almost exclusively. Now that I'm in college I've used up the half-bottle of Roma I had before in the month and a half that it's been, hahah.

Nautica Competition the original! I keep a bottle because it reminds me of my high school days!
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

oddly I wore fragrances in middle school but then I didn't wear anything while in highschool. In middle school I wore cool water and an American Eagle fragrance called Alive. It was actually a really nice fragrance. This thread actually made me look it up to see if I could get my hands on a bottle and its now listed for $120.00 on the bay. lol Goes to show you what a little time can do for a discontinued fragrance even if it was a $20 buy when it was in stores.

Nothing. Really, nothing!

Axe, if that counts. Phoenix and Kilo, as I recall. Kilo was my favorite.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Cool Water, drakkair noir and of course aqua di gio.

My HS years were 98-02', so ofcourse I rocked the CKOne and Acqua Di Gio! Worked well back then, suspect it still does.
    Summer Top 5:
    1) Creed Aventus
    2) A*Men Pure Havane
    3) Dior Homme Sport
    4) YSL L'Homme
    5) Clinique Happy for Men

axe, obsession, old spice, brut

I graduated in 1989 and wore Polo. Drakkar, and Brut.

Blog Entries

Class of '93 here. I wore primarily Aramis, Tuscany, and Polo.

Graduated in 04 - JPG, Swiss Army altitude, Diesel Zero Plus Plus, Good Life Davidoff, Clinique Happy.

The original Versace for Men(in that art deco bottle) and Bowling Green

Quote Originally Posted by b0n3z View Post
    Drakkar Noir, Obsession, Chaps, Polo, Joop!, Cool Water
    Those were the same that I wore plus Safari and Eternity.

I wore Adidas for a while, but most guys including my brother, wore Drakkar Noir. Polo (original) was going good there for a while, as Polo shirts and Docker boat shoes were in style. I started wearing Aramis right after high school ('86-'91).
    The girls wore either Liz Claiborne, Exclamation, Electric Youth, Love's Baby Soft or Eternity. All that sweet perfume mixed with gallons of hairspray made for pretty unfortunate results...and worst were the one's that smoked. Guys were generally low key, but the girls with they'er blue mascara, black eyeliner and big mall hair jacked-up-to-Jesus: makes an entertaining yearbook.

S

my high school period was between 95-99. I wore aspen, hugo, curve, and tommy. ( i wore these the most)

Deodorant. Axe when the mood struck. Going out to party or someplace "fancy", a spritz of Roots Uniscent, a discontinued Tommy/CKOne ripoff that was actually pretty nice. It wasn't until my early 20s that I began paying more attention to fragrances - Lacoste Essential and Armani Code were my faves at 20-22.

Class of '03.

My HS years were 1989-93. Back then I wore Old Spice, English Leather, Brut, British Sterling and Jovan Sex Appeal. The girls seemed to really like English Leather!

Looking back I think if only I could have afforded things like Obsession, Pour Monsieur or GIT. I could have been a "contenda"!

AromiErotici

I never wore fragrance back then, but I sure did reek of Thai Stick and hash oil.

Givenchy Pi!

Brings back so many memories

Only in my last year - pure Mysore Sandalwood oil (now and then) and my Dad's 4711 on the rare occasions when I needed to feel sophisticated

Strangely high school was when I had my most number of perfumes, around 20 or so bottles, now it's just a modest 5. Just a few off the top of my head.

RL Polo (my first ever bottle of perfume if I remember correctly)
    RL Romance
    Givenchy Pi
    Aqua Di Gio
    Davidoff Good Life
    Dunhill Desire
    Issey Miyake
    Halston Z14

clinique happy... i used it rarely that it even lasted until my sophomore year in college.

My highschool years were 1998-2002

By that time, all the guys wanted to wear Hugo, ADG, Eau d'Issey and Le Male

I however wore a variety of frags, most of whom, I admit, I now perceive as pretty ghastly and tacky: Adidas Classic, Adidas Dynamic, Hattrick aftershave, New Spirit by Oriflame (omg, this was soooooo vapid), Drakkar Noir, Paco Energy, Salvador Dali PH, towards the end of highschool also Chevignon Brand, Boss Bottled, Ungaro III (the latter three being not that bad)

I mainly wore Santos and Antaeus during my later teens.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/258...-in-highschool
    In order of most often to least often: Polo Sport (3 bottles), Jovan Ginseng NRG (3 bottles), Hugo, Cool Water, Bowling Green, Nautica, Swiss Army, Perry Ellis 360, Nautica Competition, Coty Avatar

And of course other's frags also:
    friend's Emporio Armani/Eternity/Hilfiger/Chrome, GF's CK One, occasional shot of dad's Dana Navigator/Actif Blue, or Mom's 4711
    Add in forgets:
    Friend's Issey Miyake, Acqua Di Gio, Curve, Adidas Colognes.

And of course the lingering scent of Vanilla Dutchmasters stuffed with Kush.

Adidas. Drakkar Noir for special occasions :-).

Lagerfelt (classic), Tuscany, Paco Rabanne Sport, Boss no.1.

Antaeus.

Tabac Original, Jacomo De Jacomo, Antaeus

was in high school 2003-2006.
    Axe....obviously, Cerruti Image and Dunhill Man

94-2003: Fabergé Brut; Armani eau pour homme; JPG Le mâle; Chanel Egoïste ; Hermes Rocabar; Kouros; YSL Opium pour homme (yes it was a good perfume before!); A*men (was different too), Guerlain Vetyver, Guerlain Héritage...

Soap and water from 1982-1986 whilst at Secondary School and under arm deo after sports. First fragrance for me was called Rapport which I think was about 1988, it was available at Burtons stores.

From what I remember... starting at age 12 I think (blame it on a relative ) I had the following over the years (1 or 2 a time... ooops):
    Drakkar (who did not have it?), Pasha (actually 2 or 3 bottles), Jil Sander Feeling Man (I think it was my first), Obsession

Basenotes Plus

Armani eau pour Homme, original Polo & Polo Sport.

Old Spice, Brut, Clubman, English Leather and later, Polo.

British Sterling, English Leather, Canoe, Tabac Original, Jovan Ginseng for Men.

Brut and Polo, graduated in 1985.

Pierre Cardin, Guerlain Vetiver, Z-14 and Blend 30.

This looks like an overwhelmingly 20-something thread, but just for historical balance, I wore English Leather exclusively throughout HS and the girls loved it. Of course, they had little else to compare it to in 1974...
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

My high school years were 1980-1984.
    I don't really remember putting on cologne to go to school every day. I went to an all boys school, so maybe that was why. Not trying to impress.
    But if I did put something on it would probably have been one of the following:

Pierre Cardin
    Oleg Cassini for Men by Jovan
    Paco Rabanne
    Chaps by Ralph Lauren
    Polo by Ralph Lauren

Or maybe some of my Dad's Chanel for Men. Back then you had maybe one major new men's fragrance launch a year...maybe two. The men's fragrance market didn't really explode until I think the late 80's. Of course, now you have five, six, seven launches a year of new stuff for men. And much of it is marketed much younger.

i honestly wish i was born earlier to i could have worn Drakkar Noir and it wouldnt be "too mature" I secretly really like that stuff

I graduated in '95 and I wore New West and Polo Sport. But only for special occasions.

Axe/Bod/Old Spice <3 Then Acqua Di Gio

I don't think I wore anything until after high school.... graduated in 1977.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Fahrenheit by Christian Dior , the original formulation that I still love and long for again . Even my mum says that it always makes her think of me when she smells it !!!

There was a YSL Jazz too , the bottle was all plastic half white and half black and the atomiser was built in kind of thing , there was no cap - Im not describing it well but I know what I mean . That was a gift from a friend , I didnt like it much but like I said it was a pressie !

High school was about 3 years ago for me; oh boy my old self wouldn't even know what to say to my current self if I smelt something like Kouros or any of my multiple Oud oils "You spent how much, on these fecal smelling oils?!"

I'd spray Axe I got from my Grandparents for Christmas maybe once a month.. I thought 'cologne' was gross for some reason.

I was in high school 1984-1988. During that time I remember wearing Drakkar Noir, Polo, Obsession, Kouros(can't believe it now) and Lauder for Men. That time in the 80s was big for scents..IMHO.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by paolo74 View Post
    My high school perioud was from 1987 to 1992.
    I used Lacoste original and Guy Laroche Drakkar Noir.
    ...and CK Eternity for men.

It was so long ago, but I don't think I wore anything.

I wasn't a cologne person until college. I did have some patchouli oil and burned lots of incense.

A&F Woods, Michael Jordan Cologne, Eddie Bauer Adventurer, CK1
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

Nothing regularly, I recall. I may have dabbed some Musk (Jovan) or a bit of 4711. I remember a buddy of mine liking Brut...man that stuff should have been named BRUTAL.

This has been a good laugh. It really was the Dark Ages before '95/'96 and the explosion of information on the world wide web.

My high school years were 1990-93. I wore Polo Crest (now discontinued) and Calvin Klein Eternity.

When I was at high school i wore Lacoste Style And Play, Natura Atmos (similar to kenzo air, but a little bit intenser and lasted longer than kenzo air), Natura Due and M7 from YSL, which was my special scent to wear at night.

I found a bottle Guerlain Imperiale and it was my daily frag. until my senior year when I discovered a new Guerlain called Vetiver. It was quite a step up for me then - this was '62-'66.