Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default What fragrance has left the best first impression on you??

What is that one fragrance that u smelled for the first time, whether it be on a friend, on someone else, on a card, ect, that just absolutely just wowed you and moved you and just made you think "wow. this is as good as it gets"

ive smelled alot of things and had some great first impression. smelling the naturalness of green irish tweed for the first time was really amazing. pure malt defiently lived up to the hype..

but to me, nothing has left a bigger impression on me then the first time i smelled Jean Paul Gaultier's Le Male. I was in a complete loss for words the first time i smelled it. I smelled it on my friend and i was so amazed by the smell that for some reason i couldnt even build up the courage to ask him what it was for another week or so. It was by far the most amazing impression a fragrance has ever left on me, and i love wearing it knowing that i could be leaving that same impression on others.

What fragrance has left the best first impression on you?

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What fragrance has left the best first impression on you??

Eau Sauvage did this for me.

carolina herera. I was about 16 or 17. It was like a tractor beam "sucked me right in"!

GIT comes to mind first.

Well a fragrance that stood out to me recently has been musc ravageur. That stuff is wonderful, it is as if i smelled a fragrance for the first time, like i died and was reborn smelling that. I consider it the sexiest fragrance I have ever smelled, the essence of sex. The fragrance I have been looking for for quite a while, I love tobacco vanille and i find it really sexy but I think this might top it off even though they both could share the number one spot but my god this fragrance blew me away.

For me, Green Irish Tweed or Virgin Island Water, both smelled so.. Lush (For lack of a better word)... It was like smelling in 3 Dimensions after being stuck in a side scroller.

Most recent was today. After reading most good reviews on Creed's Aventus, I decided to try it.
    Didn't really expect much out of it. The SA was very helpful. Got to sample most of the Creed line.
    Went in there for Aventus and it really impressed me. Ended up getting a big bottle after trying it in store.
    4 hours later still smells very nice, hasn't changed much.
    Green Irish Tweed also left a good impression when I first got it, but I think Aventus made a better one.

It has to be Aqua di Gio. I must have been 15 ish. And I was like f*cking WOW. I've never had that sort of reaction to anything till now. I've had many, 'yeah...must get that', but never had an AdG type of reaction!

DeepSilence

Curve For Men

YSL Opium for men. I wore it when I was 16. It is warm, romantique, classic, and my first love loved it

Blog Entries

Carnal Flower. lnstant & enduring love.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Balafre - set my life on track.

Amouage Reflection. In fact, I wrote up some first impressions of a bunch of samples I had got at the time, of which Reflection was one of them, and this is what I wrote:

(find the thread here: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/231...tion+%2Bheaven )

Amouage Reflection (new bottle, skin + paper test) - I think it was Jenson who said it smells like a combination of scents such as Geir, Fleur Du Male, Burberry Brit, etc. and stated the opening had the "cloud effect." Well, I don't recall Brit but Jenson was right in that it does smell like a cross between Geir and Fleur Du Male, but significantly richer and more pleasing than both. The opening is a heavenly powdery cloud of orris and orange blossom. The pepper and rosemary notes listed it in the pyramid are not perceptible on their own - they are likely used to tone down the sweetness. I don't even know what to say about this scent except that it smells heavenly - and I don't just mean it smells really really darn good. No, it is the actual aroma I'd imagine heaven to have.. or at least my heaven would have. I don't know when I'd wear this - it's rather flamboyant and definitely unisex if not leaning to the feminine side, but it is absolutely amazing. The finest and most enchanting opening I've ever come across. I have never ever been so taken aback upon an initial whiff. It seems fairly linear - it was hard to tell on skin because I had so many other scents but on paper the orange blossom faded some but other than that the basic scent seems to have remained the same, and that is perfectly fine by me. Any fans of Geir Ness, Fleur Du Male, Prada Amber, Canoe, or any other powder heavy or orange blossom heavy fragrances need to give this a sniff. Heaven.
    edit: I resampled this after washing other things off and I definitely pick up the pink pepper and other aromatics in the opening. The pink pepper, especially, is greatly contributing to the allure and sexiness of the opening - just as it does in Escada Magnetism, but here it is not swamped in aldehydes.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Green Irish Tweed

Hinoki - "You mean fragrances that I can buy can smell this good?" More samples followed ...

Knize Ten - "I *want* this. Where can I buy it?" K10 and Bandit are the two fragrances for which the decision to order a full bottle was nearly immediate, as opposed to waiting for a good deal or a convenient purchase.

D&G By Man. I was at college wasting time, and I was sitting under a tree. It was somewhat cold out, and the leaves were off the trees. It seems like a sexy scent now that I've really gotten to try it. But that day with my little sample, the first day I tried it, it felt introspective and quite evocative. Of what? I don't know. I'd never really smelled anything like it. It wasn't loud, wasn't attention seeking. It was almost like an extension of me.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

L'Heure Bleue, when I was 6 or 7. Most of my other frags I might have found *appealing* or *interesting*, but it took time to really get into them. My more recent best-first-impression was when I smelled Alain Delon's discontinued Lyra. It smacked me in the face and said "love me", so I said "OK!".
    Anakin: What was that all about?
    Obi-Wan: Well, R2 has been...
    Anakin: No loose wire jokes.
    Obi-Wan: Did I say anything?
    Anakin: He's trying.
    Obi-Wan: I didn't say anything!

-ROTS

The vintage formulations of Antaeus, Guerlain Vetiver, Armani Eau pour Homme and Eau Sauvage
    Currently wearing: Lancetti Uomo by Lancetti

Hmm... Trussardi Inside did that for me first time I smell it. Do not use it often enymore...

Sur la Plage

Annick Goutal Sables
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I stumbled upon Penhaligon's Lp No 9 for men a while ago and sprayed it on my hand. Pleasant citrusy top, and a delicious Kouros-like drydown... I want to try this again.

Pure Malt and Encre Noire did this to me
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Millesime Imperial
    3. Lalique Encre Noire

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. Dior Homme
    2. Eau Des Baux
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    Currently wearing: Encre Noire by Lalique

Once I had the guts and had overcome "conventional thinking", I was and still am totally blown away by Amouage Lyric Woman, when I smelled it on my skin.

Eau Sauvage, Guerlain Vétiver (vintage) and Serge Noire are my grand amour at first sniff.
    Currently wearing: L'Eau de L'Eau by Diptyque

Pure Malt... Upon first smell, I felt that the nasal windows of heaven opened up and I was hooked.... eternally. Lol.
    ***Top (favorite) 5 Frags in my Own Personal Collection***
    5. Man Eau Fraiche by Versace
    4. Pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana
    3. La Nuit De L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
    2. Bvlgari Black by Bvlgari
    1. Angel Men Pure Malt by Thierry Mugler

Youtube Fragrance Reviews... with a twist at the end! www.youtube.com/user/jaironhoward
    FOLLOW ME!!! www.twitter.com/JaironHoward

MY WARDROBE: http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/

Kerosene

Whatever perfume my girlfriend in 10th grade wore...

LE LABO - Rose 31. I think I could wear this perfume everyday,unfortunately I have just sample vials.

First impression: Trussardi uomo, I was 16.
    From Italy

Since becoming a BNer, I have to say Yatagan, without a doubt. Before joining, Aramis and my Aunt Louise's L' Heure Bleu.