Code of Conduct

Default SotD-Thursday 14,October 2010

Happy Day Everybody

Today, i am in pure vanilla scent...sweet ,warm in Un Bois Vanille by Serge Lutens !
    Thank you ,dear coopmom for this wonderful swap
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: SotD-Thursday 14,October 2010

Basenotes Plus

L'Air du Desert Marocain by Tauer. I NEED to get me a bottle of this.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Thumbs up Re: SotD-Thursday 14,October 2010

Jeanne - Marie Faugier's

TERRE DE SARMENT, Eau de Parfum

Parfums Frapin & Cie
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Lucien Lelong's

Cologne

Envy by Gucci. After Missoni yesterday and Musc Ravageur a couple of days ago I think I must be going through a Maurice Roucel phase.
    Last edited by devilcat; 14th October 2010 at 08:40 AM.

Habanita again!

Good morning all Today feels like friday for me since I have tomorrow "off" (studyday). A friend of mine will come over to my place later for some sushi and wine. Looking forward to it! Sotd is Chergui.

Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum Eau Poudree.

So glad all the miners are out safely -Mision Cumplida!
    Last edited by kewart; 14th October 2010 at 09:29 AM.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Sur la Plage

Good morning everyone! My SOTD is Guerlain Derby.

Notes include artemisia, bergamot, lemon, peppermint, jasmine, mace, pepper, pimento, rose, leather, oakmoss, patchouli, sandalwood and vetiver.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I'm going to a district health care centre today so no parfume for me. A moment of peace for my nose.

Basenotes Plus

Thanks to a lovely perfume friend, I am wearing Amouage Lyric Woman today. A sultry rose perfume, it has spices and touches of incense and woods with the barest wisp of an unsweet vanilla. It is absolutely, completely stunning and I'd buy a full bottle in a NY minute but the $$$ is too rich for my blood. Heartbreaker!!

Best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Undecided yet -- probably will be Guerlain Les Voyages Olfactifs 03 Paris - Tokyo, thanks to a fine BNer. Need to give it a full day wear.

Thanks to everybody trying to help me with locating d'Iparie -- much appreciated!

One of the oldest styles of all
    Jean Marie Farino by Roger gallet
    Classic and lovely but a bit too short lasting. I keep having to reapply as it's cologne.

4711... even though I couldn't smell much from my blocked nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpinett View Post
    Habanita again!
    I agree. Habanita is addictive.

I'm going to wear Nu by YSL this morning. Duc and tdem convinced me to give it a try, and I love it. I did get the edp version.

Good morning - everyone is smelling great today! Roberto, I love the look of that bottle and wooden cap!

I had a tough time choosing a fragrance this morning...so many beckoning me. The cold, autumn weather has arrived, and I seem to be craving Chypres, Leathers (O.K. that's a year-round category for me), and dry, nutty, earthy, smoky/incensy floral and green scents. I just realized while writing this, that these 3 scent categories I typically crave in the fall are also what I gravitate toward in the Spring. I see a similarity in those two seasons...While diametrically opposed in the sense that one is all about birth, light and opening up, and the other about closing down and reserving energy within, they are each about transition of the Earth. The fragrances I wear in these seasons seem to contain the essence of them.

Sorry to ramble on with my little scent-epiphany... Today, I'm wearing Beige, which on me fits nicely into the "dry, nutty, earthy, smoky/incensy floral and green category.

Have a lovely day!
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Hello all. Belle d'Opium which I am still liking a lot.
    DONNA

That was a lovely ramble Pomander! And I agree totally.
    Today I'm finishing my sample of Chanel's 31 Rue Cambon. With the smaller bottles coming out soon, I'm not even able to kid myself why I pulled these samples out again

Bvlgari Black.

AZYIADE Parfum D'Empire

Thumbs up Re: SotD-Thursday 14,October 2010

Quote Originally Posted by pomander View Post
    Good morning - everyone is smelling great today! Roberto, I love the look of that bottle and wooden cap!

I had a tough time choosing a fragrance this morning...so many beckoning me. The cold, autumn weather has arrived, and I seem to be craving Chypres, Leathers (O.K. that's a year-round category for me), and dry, nutty, earthy, smoky/incensy floral and green scents. I just realized while writing this, that these 3 scent categories I typically crave in the fall are also what I gravitate toward in the Spring. I see a similarity in those two seasons...While diametrically opposed in the sense that one is all about birth, light and opening up, and the other about closing down and reserving energy within, they are each about transition of the Earth. The fragrances I wear in these seasons seem to contain the essence of them.

Sorry to ramble on with my little scent-epiphany... Today, I'm wearing Beige, which on me fits nicely into the "dry, nutty, earthy, smoky/incensy floral and green category.

Have a lovely day!
    Thanks pomanderThe bottle and wooden cap are beautiful and the perfume is M A R V E L L O U S.....and we all smell MARVELLOUS and BEIJE...WOW....is absoulutely F A N T A S T I C
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Hello everyone!

I have another dance class (a new one - dance fitness!) this morning so I'm joining pomander and cello and sticking with Chanel, but today it'll be No19 vintage edt. Btw cello, the small sizes (2.5 oz) are available online now - they're available in Beige, Sycomore, Coromandel and Eau de Cologne (which is a bit disappointing as I was also hoping for 31 Rue Cambon and Cuir de Russie...hmph!)

Y'all have a great day!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Y by Yves St Laurent for me today

reine

SotM is Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien edt. I don't know what fragrance I'll want later today.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carolina girl View Post
    I'm going to wear Nu by YSL this morning. Duc and tdem convinced me to give it a try, and I love it. I did get the edp version.
    I'm glad you like it!

SotD - The Dreamer by Versace
    SotE - L'Heure Bleue de Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post

[CENTER]

Devestatingly feminine. hahah

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    I'm glad you like it!

SotD - The Dreamer by Versace
    SotE - L'Heure Bleue de Guerlain
    Ey! Check your inbox. I got two other fragrances for. lol

Injured my back in a fall, but although the edge of the cement pillar hit right down the middle of my back, it missed my spine for some reason.

Two huge red grooves caused by the impact. But I think of how the Chilean miners survived 69 days and I just brush my little inconvenience off.

Sniffing Mitsouko extrait, but not wearing it as night falls.
    Last edited by domperrier; 14th October 2010 at 02:45 PM.

Love the vintage Chanel ad, Evangeline! (I think that's a young Patti Hansen on the left.)

Yesterday I wore PG L'Eau de Circe, and today I am in FM Une Fleur de Cassie. I hope everyone is well and happy today. Take care, all.

Basenotes Institution

Eau Noire by Christian Dior

Way back 20 years ago, when I was in school we had a project week trip to the Bay area. At the time I had no idea how important the artists we got to meet were: Mark deSuvero, Nathan Oliveira, Stephen DeStaebler, William Wiley. Anyway, a gallery owner named Tecoah Bruce showed us around on part of the trip. I complimented her on her scent and she mentioned it was called China Rain. Out shopping one day my friend and I came across The Body Shop, now Body Time in Berkley and I was so pleased when I found China Rain there and got my own bottle of oil. I also got a second bottle of a scent labeled Obsession and that is what I am wearing today - it's not quite like CK obsession, but definitely has a bit of jasmine, lots of amber, maybe a bit of patchouli, it's just warm and comforting and still smells great after 20 years.

Wow, domperrier, what a scary injury! Glad you're OK.

Pomander, I enjoyed your analysis of spring/fall fragrance cravings. Makes perfect sense to me!

I logged on fresh from the shower and Sophi's beautiful vanilla photo did me in. So it's L'Artisan Vanilia for me today. I was easily swayed, no? :-)

Parfumerie Generale Coze

Basenotes Plus

SotE -

Blog Entries

For some weird reason I was sure it's Friday, so I was ready to brace myself for some skank! Then I realized it'll be a bad idea since I am driving in a car from Oregon Coast to California coast, with three other people in the car. And then, of course, I realized that it's a Thursday since we're driving on Thursday! Yay! But I was so nervous about skank in the closed space that I'll probably pick something airy light

Bath & Body Works ~ Leaves

pomander, your description makes me want to try Beige!
    Ouch and yikes! Glad your accident wasn’t worse, domperrier!

Today I'm in HIRIS -- layered with Hiris-scented lotion!! Admit it -- you didn't know there was such a thing as Hiris lotion!! -- Well, not many do, because, strangely enough, it comes in a bottle that says "Chanel No 19 Emulsion Pour Le Corps."

Seriously, I bought this lotion yesterday, unsniffed, and was astounded to find that it smells more like Hiris than like no 19!! So, I tried it under the Chanel 19 edt on one arm, and under Hiris on the other. The lotion seems to dampen and kill the 19 edt effect, but enlivens and deepens the Hiris.

Does anyone else have this lotion? Is this just some weird-batch anomaly?

Sophi, gorgeous pic!

FM Noir Epices this morning. Went to bed last night with Tauer Eau d'Epices, and I'm thinking I NEED a bottle of it.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

I've got the lotion CRose - I find it rather mildly perfumed, but I've never noticed an actual dampening effect with it. In my experience it layers beautifully with all the No.19 concentrations and definitely extends longevity. Your story makes me wonder if it's been tweaked recently. I bet it's beautiful under Hiris - I'll have to give that a try!

I'm now in Cartier's So Pretty edp, a natural transition from No.19 this morning as I find them very similar. So Pretty is a bit more overtly feminine and floral, with pumped up rose and an unexpected infusion of dark, inky berries - so very luscious, yet still elegant, chic and sophisticated.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

I'm on the run on this rainy day. Have to run out again this afternoon to bring someone who's shut in a dinner, and then come home and make our dinner - grilled chicken with some of Heartwood's gorgeous fig chutney on the side (and a glass of wine pour moi). Yum! SotA/SotE is Pure White Linen, which always energizes and cheers me.

Poor Domperrier! I'm glad you weren't seriously injured!

Evangeline! You smell so pretty!

Started in Les Secrets de Sophie...then went to the mall and finally sampled Womanity, which is awful on me, as well as CK's Beauty which is a nice enough magnolia-type scent but not one I'd need any of :-P
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Blog Entries

Gal Trebol today.

Hubby and I went out for lunch and I had a delicious Thai dish called Drunken Noodles.

domperrrier, glad you were not injured more than that!

Hugs to dommy and wishes for speedy recovery.

Warum, have a nice trip.

OK, fragrant folks, today it is PaulSC's birthday and I have just wished him all I could muster up on another thread -- he is chiming in once in a while on the ladies' side and you could see his pics in a SF meeting account.

Not only, it is another person's birthday -- born on this day back in 1939 into a good Jewish Lifschitz family was a boy and they named him Ralph (of all things!). How come he changed his last name? The urban legend has it that he did not want any "sh.t" to be associated with him, somehow Lauren sounded better. I will wear a drop of his Tuxedo tonight, to celebrate.

Scent sisters with Sophi! Un Bois Vanille again today. I must really be needing the warm, cozy vanilla comfort....

Thank you Twolf for reminding PaulSC "s Birthday !

Happy Birthday to PAULSC

Ralph Lauren's birthday ,too ?!II
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

You got it!

Happy Thursday afternoon, everyone!

I was in Coriolan today, all day. On a Guerlain kick (that's pretty common for me anyway) and it'll probably be Samsara tomorrow. Or Vetiver. Or... one of the L'Art et la Matiere decants...
    Last edited by actiasluna; 14th October 2010 at 10:21 PM.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Happy Birthday, PaulSC!

I hope you enjoyed your speical day.

bleu autumn haze

It's been a super busy day for a day off! Just a drive-by posting today, the KU-Kstate game is about to start! I'm wearing Cuir Ottoman.

Sending happy birthday wishes to PaulSC

Go Jayhawks!

Jacona: I have owned and loved China Rain for years!

I wore L'Heure Bleu today.

Dear Haunani, C Rose, lilybelle & 30 Roses,

Thank you for your kind words!

Woke up this morning without a throbbing pain from the points of impact, so I guess I'm OK *shrugs*.

I hit the wall pretty hard last night, and was thinking : 'Damn...I hope my backbone is OK' so I'm very thankful.

My mum's side of the family has some tough bones : Once a huge framed painting fell on my then 65-yr-old grandmother's head and she didn't even get a concussion!

Another time, I walked into a stainless steel column, but after the initial sharp pain, didn't even experience bruising or swelling in the impacted areas.
    Last edited by domperrier; 15th October 2010 at 01:28 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Happy Birthday PaulSC!
    Hope you feel better soon dompierre!

Went out for dinner tonight with my husband for our 32nd anniversary,
    wearing Eau Premier #5 today.

Roma Uomo
    Gary

Checking in again. Happy Birthday, Paul SC! I hope it was wonderful. And Happy Anniversary to Kiliwia and hubby!

I stayed on the vanilla track and made Havana Vanille my SotE.

Today I wore Holy Water by La Via del Profumo
    Evenstar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    Hope you feel better soon dompierre!

Went out for dinner tonight with my husband for our 32nd anniversary,
    wearing Eau Premier #5 today.
    Thanks, kiliwia...and Happy Anniversary!