Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Instead of Chanel N19

Hi everyone

I come to you , because il have a very close friend of mine who asked me something . I have a few ideas about the answer but would like also your opinions .

Sh's been wearing Chanel N19 since ever ...It's her favourite ..in edt , edp and extract .
    But she finds that with the reformulations , there's a change in the drydown , probably due to the change in the oakmoss , and she regrets to love it less than before

So , she asked me a perfume that could replace her 19

I said , that in my mind " Bas de Soie" was too light . Eau du Soir : too bitchy ( very nice perfume nevertheless )
    She already tried Y and Calandre ...but it's not the "love at first sniff"

I said that i'm sure she would have loved the former "Vent Vert" -Balmain in extract . She already has the former Vent Vert -Balmain in eau de toilette but the extract would have been perfect .
    Anyway , as it's difficult to find anyway , it's out of question

Would you have any other ideas , please?
    I said she coulf also look in brands like Maitre Parfumeur ou Nicola , to have something less usual...

Thank you very much for your ideas and cheers from France

Default Re: Instead of Chanel N19

I don't have a huge fragrance vocabulary like many ppl here, but off the top of my head, I can suggest Coty's Imprevu and Patou's 1000

What I haven't tried,but may work is Carven's Ma Griffe

Annick Goutal's Heure Exquise

Has she tried Jacomo's Silences. I have that one and Y, and there are the green similarities but I think Silences is smoother.

Vent Vert,Silences,Eau de Soir by Sisley and even Dioressence by Dior are having similarities with Chanel 19!She could try them and find which one matches her taste better!
    Ma griffe is far more aldheydic one and i won't recommend it!
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    Annick Goutal's Heure Exquise
    That's it exactly! First thing I thought of.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Blog Entries

How about Delrae's Debut? lMO a very nice green fragrance with a floral heart.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Personally, I'm skeptical of trying to replace a lost love with something very close to it, because nothing will ever completely capture what you loved about it. Perhaps it's best to find something totally new? Or she could explore other green scents, or irises, or light leathers, or whatever quality she liked about No 19...it could be a fun adventure.

Basenotes Institution

Why not just source some vintage No. 19? It's not easy, but many Basenoters scour Ebay and buy vintage No. 19 all of the time.

i note what you said . Thank you so much

She already has vintage bottles of 19 but it's getting harder & harder to find
    She already had Silences from Jacomo ..she said it was nice , close to 19 , but probably less "complete" ..between the two , she prefered 19

She has got a bottle of Vent Vert Vintage , we talked about it this morning ..but she said it's too light for winter ( that's why i said , the extract would have been perfect )

I'm gonna tell her about the others . I think she knows "Ma Griffe".
    For the moment , she finds Iris Silver Mist quite perfect but she's looking for other ideas

Basenotes Institution

Tell her to try Iris Bleu Gris by MPG or Timbuktu by L' Artisan Parfumeur

You could try Michael Edwards' Fragrances of the World website (www.fragrancesoftheworld.com). There's a section on the site where you can enter the name of a fragrance you like and based on your choice it will suggest three others that you might also like. Possibly it will just come up with suggestions already mentioned here, but it might be worth checking out.

Blog Entries

How about Chamade, PR Metal (underestimated) or Private Collection? Or even sticking to Chanel, Cristalle.
    jtd

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    ...many Basenoters scour Ebay and buy vintage No. 19 all of the time.
    And I'm one of them... I have vintage edc, edt, edp and parfum and love them all. It's still relatively easy to find vintage No 19, but it will of course be getting harder and harder as time passes.

Anyway, I am very familiar with No 19 and would (again!) urge you to sample Heure Exquise. This was – reputedly – the signature scent of Karl Lagerfeld for years. If this is good or bad is up to you, but he does have excellent taste...

Blog Entries

I second Vent Vert.

Quote Originally Posted by sophi View Post
    Vent Vert,Silences,Eau de Soir by Sisley and even Dioressence by Dior are having similarities with Chanel 19!She could try them and find which one matches her taste better!
    Ma griffe is far more aldheydic one and i won't recommend it!

Parfumerie Generale Corps et Ames is less close to N19, but it's a beautiful green chypre with a floral aspect.
    Spray it, dont say it
    WARDROBE

Personally, I am not a fan of this following being a purist, but one can try: layer Bvlgari pour Femme with something mossy -- K de Krizia, Nikki de Saint Phalle or Aromatics Elixir.

PaulSC, while we are on it -- happy birthday to you and many fragrant returns of the day. Thanks for chiming in on the Ladies' Board, your insights are very welcome and often times are pure delight.

Hillaire

EL Private Collection
    Parfumerie General Corps et Ames

Sadly the ones that were most like it have also been reformulated and discontinued! 1000, Cristalle, etc.

Good Luck

To bad about Y; I think it's so great.

It may be too green or herbaceous for her, but Eau de Campagne by Sisley may be worth a sniff.

OK good- I was hoping to see Hillaire on this thread, she has a fantastic collection for this genre.

-If your GF likes n 19 then I"m hearing that she likes floral greens.

-a second for NIkki St. Phalle (parfum), Ma Griffe (but NOT the EDT version), Parfumerie Generale's Papyrus de Ciane (has the famous Mousse de saxe base, which I just misspelled); I agree with you that Bas de Soie is no comparison, I dont' know why this has been cropping up; Chamade (since you are in France you can buy the EDP, which is my preference)

How 'bout this one:Caron's Alpona. Ooh... lovely biting greenery, I can't get enough of it!
    Passionate supporter of parrot welfare www.thegabrielfoundation.org

I agree with many comments and recommendations made so far. I am also a green fiend, so I can sympathize with your friend!

One fragrance not mentioned yet is Ralph Lauren Safari--it is like No.19 but with its own distinctive personality. It seems fairly abundant at the moment, and I got mine on discount at TJMaxx.

Other green fragrances that I love (but not a direct 1:1 replacement for No.19) include: Guerlain Vol de Nuit extrait, Estee Lauder Private Collection (original), Guerlain Sous le Vent, Parfums de Nicolai Le Temps d'une Fete.

She may also want to try Dior Homme EDT which is a fantastic iris leather, very wearable by women, and readily available in the shops.

ETA: Forgot to mention Estee Lauder Knowing which is a very dark green and mossy rose fragrance. Use sparingly, though!
    Last edited by Asha; 15th October 2010 at 06:03 PM.

It's hard to find a similar one as Chanel 19 is a very specific smell with the green bitter peppers in it. There isn't, to my knowledge, a scent, so distinctive. I can tell Chanel 19 apart from millions of green scents. I think she schanel hould try the older Estee Lauder scents. Few have been suggested. I add Alliage, Azure, Estee, Estee Super. I've noticed Chanel 19 hardliners rarely like anything outside Estee Lauder oldies.

I thought of Magie noire, but remembered the new one is not quite similar to Chanel 19

What a delicious thread. I adore greens...and I also like the vintage and present Vent Vert so it may be worth trying the edt. I also have the current Vent Vert parfum and it's lovely. But it is more floral that the vintage.

Sounds like your friend doesn't want her greens too sweet so I would totally concur with the Jacomo Silences recommendation. Ralph Lauren Safari also drier and a touch bitter. Dry and uber elegant without the "bitchiness" of Eau de Soir

Oh man now I want to try Caron Alpona. And I'm with Hillaire re "Y", it is sooo great.

Chanel Bel Respiro is another nice green with top notes that are similar to Vent Vert but it may be too soapy? Worth trying though.
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

Hillaire

I have thought of TWO others, which I feel particularly remiss in not mentioning!

1. Jil Sander Scent 79 Woman. It always reminds me of vintage No. 19. It's metallic, it's peppery, it's suedey. I bet she'd LOVE it! Please don't overlook it. It's always popping up on ebay.

2. Givenchy III!! It's an aldehydic green chypre-leather thing, just like 19, but less metallic and more 'herbal'. I only have the vintage of this, but the word on the street is that the reformulation is credible.

To my way of 'smelling', No. 19 is more of a green leather aldehydic than a hard green chypre (like Niki and Silences), so I should also mention Hermes Amazone, Lancetti Via Condotti, and Rive Gauche. Not my favorite reformulations, but more recognisable than the latest 19, I can assure you.

And another nice super-green, leathery chypre is Jean Louis Scherrer Scherrer . It has a lot of 'presence' like No. 19, but it's not very aldehydic.

Should your friend get bitten by the vintage-quality bug and care to look into vintage aldehydics and/ or other leathery greens, I'd recommend hunting down:

Nina Ricci Farouche - A super metallic aldehydic with a galbanum overload.

Jil Sander Woman III - My favorite green leather ever. Worth the inflated price tag.

Molyneaux Vivre - Ah, Molyneaux Vivre ,sigh... smooth, yet metallic aldehydic.

Capucci Yendi - A floral aldehyde with metallic bite, ala vintage RG, great character...

Vintage Quelques Fleurs - I find this vintage insanely close to 19. I wonder if I could tell them apart, in fact. And no, it bears no relation to the present swill bearing its moniker.

Yves Rocher En Avril Un Soir - Again, more along the Rive Gauche lines, but it's greener than Rive Gauche, gorgeous if you can find it! This one has been re-done as En Avril Le Soir; I wonder if it's good? Anyone?

Lancome O de Lancome - A dynamite green chypre with tons of character.
    Last edited by Hillaire; 17th October 2010 at 06:48 AM.

I'm a no. 19 lover too.
    I'll recommend Megumi by Ayala Moriel. here are the notes from her site: Notes: agarwood, pimento berry, apricot, jasmine, grandiflorum, oakmoss, red mandarin, Mai rose, Otto rose and vetiver.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    I have thought of TWO others, which I feel particularly remiss in not mentioning!

1. Jil Sander Scent 79 Woman. It always reminds me of vintage No. 19. It's metallic, it's peppery, it's suedey. I bet she'd LOVE it! Please don't overlook it. It's always popping up on ebay.

2. Givenchy III!! It's an aldehydic green chypre-leather thing, just like 19, but less metallic and more 'herbal'. I only have the vintage of this, but the word on the street is that the reformulation is credible.

To my way of 'smelling', No. 19 is more of a green leather aldehydic than a hard green chypre (like Niki and Silences), so I should also mention Hermes Amazone, Lancetti Via Condotti, and Rive Gauche. Not my favorite reformulations, but more recognisable than the latest 19, I can assure you.

And another nice super-green, leathery chypre is Jean Louis Scherrer Scherrer . It has a lot of 'presence' like No. 19, but it's not very aldehydic.

Should your friend get bitten by the vintage-quality bug and care to look into vintage aldehydics and/ or other leathery greens, I'd recommend hunting down:

Nina Ricci Farouche - A super metallic aldehydic with a galbanum overload.

Jil Sander Woman III - My favorite green leather ever. Worth the inflated price tag.

Molyneaux Vivre - Ah, Molyneaux Vivre ,sigh... smooth, yet metallic aldehydic.

Capucci Yendi - A floral aldehyde with metallic bite, ala vintage RG, great character...

Vintage Quelques Fleurs - I find this vintage insanely close to 19. I wonder if I could tell them apart, in fact. And no, it bears no relation to the present swill bearing its moniker.

Yves Rocher En Avril Un Soir - Again, more along the Rive Gauche lines, but it's greener than Rive Gauche, gorgeous if you can find it! This one has been re-done as En Avril Le Soir; I wonder if it's good? Anyone?

Lancome O de Lancome - A dynamite green chypre with tons of character.
    Omg. I am totally printing this out. Great reference green list. Of course Scherrer, Amazone and Quartz are perfect suggestions.
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

Blog Entries

Ditto to everyone's suggestions. If you're a green floral or green chypre fan this is the thread for you. I agree with those who classify No 19 as a green floral. It may have had more of a chypre angle in some previous iteration, but the current edt that I have it is a chilly green iris/rose. But regarding green chypres, Scherrer by Scherrer is a great choice. It seems to have become harder to find, particularly the edp. A similar option that I've recently found and just love is Lancome's Sikkim. It's one if the recent re-releases (The Collection) and shares the same bottle as the fab Cuir. It has a very similar set of topnotes and has that same big bruiser, green leather, rollercoaster opening as Scherrer. But where Scherrer dries down to a harmonious green with a waxy rose quality, Sikkim's finish keeps the separateness of its elements (green-leather-spicy-floral) and yet isn't quite as dry Scherrer. I see that Sikkim has been called a Floral/oriental/chypre, but I see it as a classic green leather chypre. The only nod to the floriental category is a mossy drydown that is oddly less dry than the opening. Anybody else tried Sikkim?
    jtd

Hillaire

I keep waking up with epiphanies about this thread!!!

Seriously, I did awaken this morning, go to my dressing room, spray on Balmain Ivoire and think, "Was I insane not to mention this one??"

I even indulged in a little side-by side.This one is REALLY close! Metallic, aldehydic, bitter-green. And it's fantastic!

Balmain Ivoire - an aldehydic, metallic, green soapy

Can't believe I missed this thread!I +1 Hillaire's Ivoire recommendation a million times over!Your friend should really sample this one.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Futur by Robert Piguet

I love green florals, so I am also enjoying this thread (and the suggestions for new things to try!). I also thought, though, that No. 19 was the fragrance that opened my eyes (nose? mind?) to fragrances that are floral with a light hit of leather...so, I really liked Hillaire's thoughts and suggestions. Fabulous!

For light florals (very different blossoms) with leather, I adore Kelly Caleche. For more leather, Bandit is fabulous. I think I would also place Jolie Madame in this category. These fragrances do not really have No. 19's green-ness (?), but they do have the really lovely complement of floral and leather.

There is no replacement for Chanel no. 19. It is so unique! I am a huge no. 19 fan.
    "See a shoe, and pick it up, and all day long you'll have good luck." by A. W.

Love iris, love green, did NOT love the current No. 19 -- I think I need to print this thread, thank you all so much!

The new Crabtree & Evelyn Iris is a very rooty earthy iris with a lot of green; it's not bitter the way I think No. 19 is supposed to be, though.
    This scent is great, but ... MORE KITTENS!

Brilliant thread.
    I am still trying to get my hands on vintage no19
    But I do have some vintage quelques fleurs... And if Hillaire says they are dead ringers....

Vivian Westwood Boudoir... a very surprising wild card suggestion because I had only recently looked up the ingredients of Chanel 19 and Boudoir. They share many more than you might expect of the notes listed here on BN especially within the top and heart notes. This was a major astonishment to me because they smell so poles apart from each other. I was looking them up to make a private blend for my sister who has never found anything she likes except no 19 and now likes both of these. We were quite surprised and pleased to find out how many notes they shared. It would certainly be interesting to see if your friend finds she likes it too.

I would suggest Ormonde Woman. It's another green masterpiece. Different from no. 19 but more unique IMO, has the potential of becoming a signature scent.

Other green beauties: AG Eau de Camille, AA Herba Fresca (this is not qualified for the "signature scent" title though). Creamier, warmer green scents: Ineke Balmy Days and Sundays, TDC Un Parfum de Charmes et Feuilles, CdG Calamus.

Let us know her opinion on our suggestions - I am curious.

Jean-Louis Scherrer (the first). A spicy green chypre, available from the online discounters. Aromatics Elixir, which has been "softened" in recent years but is still pretty good.
    Olfacta
    also at http://olfactarama.blogspot.com
    Musings and random thoughts about the genie in the bottle

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=carolina girl;1959684]Has she tried Jacomo's Silences?

that is the first scent that came up to my mind
    Jacomo Silences

I gave her the list ..she said thank you so much ..so i transmit to everyone
    She loves Scherrer ..but in France , for the moment , it"s discontinued ..no way to find it at a normal price
    She smelt Heure Exquise and she loves it very much ,saying it could be this one
    To my nose , i don"t relally see connections between N19 and Ivoire ...maybe it's a question of skin
    Sikkim (as well as the others) shoud be tried ...

oh my, I think I had better try Heure Exquise
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Basenotes Plus

Heure Exquise is your best bet. Also, So Pretty by Cartier and Ivoire by Balmain, would be worth checking out. I love all 3 of these these fragrances.
    Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

Unhappy Re: Instead of Chanel N19

I've worn Chanel 19 for about 30 years now ... well ... I managed to cope with the first reformulation but the latest is just rank on my skin.

I fully accept that our skin chemistry changes over time, but even the perfume has nothing to compare with the original.

Vintage buys on e-bay disappoint too ... It just doesn't keep that well.

I tried Annick Goutal's Heure Exquise and although it starts off well, it ends up way off. Far too soapy. Not bitchy enough.

That was the last of my attempts - I've been through every single one of the suggestions on this and many other threads on other forums!

I think the answer is that there simply isn't a replacement. Like me, sadly, your friend needs to move on ...

Am drawn to the vetivert/bergamots a bit more now ... currently swathed in Czech and Speak #88 but also rather enjoying Cotswold Perfume Co's Neroli (formulated by the same nose as C&S) - cheap as chips and deliciously fresh while still retaining a certain little dirty something ..

Thumbs up Re: Instead of Chanel N19

If she loves Chanel 's N19, for sure she will love also Annick Goutal's Heure Exquise
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

I'm glad this thread popped up again!It's probably beside the point now,but I was so intrigued with Hillaire's side-by-side comparison of Ivoire with#19 that I had to do the same.They are in fact just about dead ringers for each other.I don't think it's a matter of skin chemistry,either-they smell incredibly close on paper,too.I have to wonder if the woman at the opera who inspired Pierre Balmain's idea for Ivoire was indeed wearing #19!?!

This may be a strange suggestion, but maybe she should try Portrait of a Lady. It's not green. It's not all sorts of things. It's certainly not Chanel 19. But something in the treatment of the rose reminds me of the way perfumers were working in that time period.
    There is a singular joy in the experience of receiving perfume by mail. It is one of life's great little pleasures - one that more should have the pleasure of knowing.

I agree with Kiliwia - Cartier's So Pretty (one of my top-10 favorites!) is the closest thing I've found to the original No19 parfum (and perhaps the vintage edc.) It's very rosy and green with a touch of soft leather, the iris is present but not dominant, and it's not very cold. The vintage mid-70s parfum is the warmest, loveliest version of 19 that I know, and So Pretty comes very close to it (...while still displaying its own unique flourish, a tart berry signature that's both succulent and elegant. So crisp and chic!)
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Hillaire

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    I'm glad this thread popped up again!It's probably beside the point now,but I was so intrigued with Hillaire's side-by-side comparison of Ivoire with#19 that I had to do the same.They are in fact just about dead ringers for each other.I don't think it's a matter of skin chemistry,either-they smell incredibly close on paper,too.I have to wonder if the woman at the opera who inspired Pierre Balmain's idea for Ivoire was indeed wearing #19!?!
    Thanks for the corroboration! It really was an odd discovery!

Yes,it is an odd discovery,Hillaire!A pretty fantastic one,too,considering my 100mL Ivoire cost me all of $26.99!I've always been an Ivoire girl and when I originally seconded your suggestion,I was thinking they were in the same vein if not quite similar.After doing the side by side,I realized what "smell-alikes" they really are!I'm glad I stole your idea-I had fun with this!

My all-time faves in this category are Bandit and Vent Vert. But vintage Vent Vert, not the horrid reformulation

also mourning any changes in no. 19, but I am interested to realize that I am drawn to some of the alternatives noted here, like Bandit and Ormonde Woman. I just love each of them. Still deciding what to replace my dwindling no 19 edt with...the edp or shall I just go wild and in another direction so as not to constantly compare "the way things used to be?"

Another plug for Futur. Not as an exact replacement for my vintage 19, but because Futur smells like I always wished 19 smelled -- just a touch more cruel. It's that snap-your-head-back green opening. Funny: another recommendation from above, EL Private Collection, I have always referred to as "Cruelty-free Chanel 19".

Bandit, the other Piguet reissue mentioned above, does not have the pencil-shavings aldehyde drydown that equals Chanel for me, whereas Future is all that. Even so, I wouldn't list Bandit here, it has such a different attitude. Where No. 19 would delegate, Bandit knows there are some things you just have to do yourself. With your hands.
    Small wonder we have so much trouble with air pollution in the world when so much of it has passed through saxophones.

Kelly Caleche is reeeaally nice! try getting her a sample I also like Robert Piguet's Bandit. I haven't tried Futur but I'd love to now that I see opinions about it here... hmmm, and Bandit was a blind buy! I looooved it

I invested in Silences in the hope that it would do the trick ... but oh my goodness me how disappointing. Soapy, sure it's green, but with a touch of cowpat and none of the aldehyde oomph frankly ... even layered it on Guerlain vetiver in crazy hope ... it just doesn't do it for me ... yuck! I just had a spritz in case my skin/nose was more atuned ... bleurgh! am going to try Ivoire now!

Bottega Veneta EDP is an excellent green leathery chypre. Stunning, if not as sharp as Chanel No. 19. It always depends, too, if she wants to really find a similar replacement or just something entirely different.

O de Lancome gets the vibe I think

I am a vintage green girl all the way. I must say I never really went for No 19 though...until I tried a really nice vintage one the other day and now I finally get it after years of not.

I recommend Ivoire and have oodles of back ups for that.
    Boucheron by Boucheron
    Sherrer (not the 2, although it is ok, just a bit too sweet)
    Yendi
    Older Ma Griffe in the green stripes and only the perfume version
    Cabochard (on the leather side)
    Audace by Faberge was nice
    Something I wasn't sure of at first but keep wearing happily recently is the new Diorling. That is very pleasant. It has the aspirinic vibe of Rive Gauche IMO and has the dryness one seeks from a green.
    Guerlain Derby is pleasant but there is a tonka vibe in the guerlain accord
    Portrait of a lady was nice but I found that a bit thin.
    La Perla Parfum Prive is ok
    Armani for women if you can find it
    I really like Piper Nigrum By Lorenzo Villoresi and actually his frags need a sniff.
    The other I was thinking of was one from the Histoire de Parfums, but the names just gone. I will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    Portrait of a lady was nice but I found that a bit thin...
    Hi mumsy,
    Are you sure you're thinking of PoaL ? It's a fairly heady rose / (frank)incense / patchouli monster.

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Hi mumsy,
    Are you sure you're thinking of PoaL ? It's a fairly heady rose / (frank)incense / patchouli monster.
    I'm going to have to go and try it on again, now you've asked that. I may be wrong as I try on so many.

Updated...
    Yes.. I know others like this, but it goes so sad on me... thin and spindly. It smells like strawberries and blackcurrant stems, a plastic rose and a dose of patchouli mud with a pinch of spice. I shall keep it on and see what happens. I didn't remember loving it, but actually I withdraw it off my recommended list completely now. Only green in a bramble bush sort of way.

This lady portrait I see. She is young and slightly muddy from scrabbling under the brambles for some old rose petals to make her pot pourri with, and she's left it in the sun a little too long and the petals have gone brown at the edges. There is a little limp rose smell left with the dank water. lol. Sort of charming, but not old enough for me.
    Last edited by mumsy; 4th February 2013 at 09:49 AM.

AG Heure Exquise
    Paco Rabanne Metal

My wife loves No 19 edt so which one between Yendi vs Calandre do you suggest as alternative?