Code of Conduct

Default Serge Lutens Miel de Bois fans!

Hello there!
    I'm a big fan of the Serge Lutens Miel de Bois!
    I know that this fargrance dont have many lovers!
    But, are out there some unconditional lovers of Miel de Bois like me?
    I use it like as if it did not have tomorrow!!!
    Is it only me?

Default Re: Serge Lutens Miel de Bois fans!

Nope- I love it as well, as does Gaia, the Non-Blonde

Its fairly good, but unfortunately it was discontinued because of poor sales and a highly toxic ingredient (due to its concentration in the formula).
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Its fairly good, but unfortunately it was discontinued because of poor sales and a highly toxic ingredient (due to its concentration in the formula).
    I am a Miel de Bois lover as well!

I knew Miel de Bois was removed from the export fragrances but I thought it was still available in Paris. In any case, it still shows up on Serge Luten's website.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 23rd May 2009 at 06:57 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Salons Shiseido said that this frangrace will not be discontinued!
    Who is right?
    You or them?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post

I knew Miel de Bois was removed from the export fragrances but I thought it was still available in Paris. In any case, it still shows up on Serge Luten's website.
    If you go to http://sergelutens.com/main_en.htm you can see you are right. It was only removed from the export collection - not discontinued.

The website reads:
    "Departing from the rectangular bottle, it returns to its native hive,
    the classic rounded bottle is available at the Salons du Palais Shiseido from April 2009"

Although I'm not sure if zz was referring to the piss note.
    Last edited by teger; 23rd May 2009 at 07:45 PM.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Miel de Bois is a fantastic scent. Very choosy though; It chooses its friends, rather than vice versa. I am privileged to be in its select group of the chosen.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Count me in. Its very underrated IMO.

I'm coming around to Miel de Bois. Although, everytime I spray it, I kind of flinch and take a step back. There's definetly a monster in there. I find it breathtaking when layered with wimpy florals.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post

As far as I know it is not discontinued but only available in bell jars now.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Oh... and I like it as well, maybe not enough to buy a FB but my decant gets used on a fairly regular basis in cooler weather.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by tmp00 View Post
    Nope- I love it as well, as does Gaia, the Non-Blonde
    Indeed
    And I can confirm it's not discontinued. It's now one of the non-exports (though most stores still have the regular bottles in stock). I think it works better when dabbed and not sprayed. In any case, utterly gorgoeous on the right skin chemistry.

Highly toxic ingredient? Do we know what it is?

As others have said, it is now reverted to Bell Jar status.

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    Highly toxic ingredient? Do we know what it is?

As others have said, it is now reverted to Bell Jar status.
    Phenylacetic acid, the high % of which in Miel de Bois is responsible for its characteristic urinous honey note, and can cause hormonal imbalance in humans. I believe the impending EU regulation will either force Miel de Bois to be discontinued or changed beyond recognition
    Last edited by zztopp; 24th May 2009 at 02:56 AM.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    Miel de Bois is a fantastic scent. Very choosy though; It chooses its friends, rather than vice versa. I am privileged to be in its select group of the chosen.
    You are perfectly right!
    It chooses its friends!
    And i'm a friend of Miel de Bois
    I it much under rated!

...or changed beyond recognition
    What do you mean by that?

Phenylacetic acid, the high % of which in Miel de Bois is responsible for its characteristic urinous honey note, and can cause hormonal imbalance in humans. I believe the impending EU regulation will either force Miel de Bois to be discontinued or changed beyond recognition
    I love what it does to my hormones! Bring it on and lots of it! I love that diabetic cat spray.

***EDIT I found that I have a small bottle of Phenylacetic acid and just put a healty scoop into a perfume that I have been developing for ages. I can already tell that this was the missing ingredient. THANK YOU. You are my Basenotes hero!
    Last edited by Merbert; 28th May 2009 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Updated information
    Don a wig of larks and fly!

I dont get the urinous note! Never did!
    Just the honey and dark woods!
    Itīs just my nose...

To me, a big fan of Miel de Bois, I think Miel de Bois is an acquired taste!
    You dont like it the very first time!
    I didn't! I hated it!
    Later, testing my Serge Lutens samples, I came across with Miel de Bois again!
    This time "I saw with other eyes"!
    Do you Miel de Bois fans love it the first time?

I took out the little square bottle this morning, not having worn Miel de Bois for quite a while, and....ah! I'm back under its spell. Not a crowd pleaser, this one, far from it, but such lasting power, such an exquisite combination of honey-sweetnes and extra dry woods! Never sirupy or overly mellow, it stays with you all day, still tickling my nostrils come tea time.

Having read through the thread, I shall cherish this little square bottle and whatever nasty it may contain and on which MdB's identity seems to depend...