Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrance: Parfums DelRae Panache

From nstperfume.com:

Parfums DelRae has launched Panache, a new unisex fragrance inspired by Cyrano de Bergerac1 and named for his last word in the Edmond Rostand play.

In the final heartbreaking act, the very last word spoken by Cyrano is panache. This quality, he says is the one thing that death and judgment cannot take from him. It is the quality that makes him unique and has defined his life. It is what we will remember most and what inspires us to go forward.

Panache is a vetiver-focused fragrance developed by perfumer Yann Vasnier; additional notes include ambrette seed, baie rose, magnolia, bergamot, rum extract, vetiver, jasmine Sambac absolute, geranium, ylang ylang, cardamom, oakwood extract, olibanum, musks (Cosmone, Serenolide, Moxalone), cedar, amber and honey.

Parfums DelRae Panache is available in 50 ml Eau de Parfum, $150.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrance: Parfums DelRae Panache

Sounds fabulous :-) Must try! Thx for the scoop Joe!

Yes, Joe, thanks! This sounds promising, doesn't it?

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    Yes, Joe, thanks! This sounds promising, doesn't it?
    It sounds wonderful! I hope it lives up to the expectations.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Oh, I LOVE the literary reference to Cyrano! Thank you for being the go-to man for scent news, JC!

Sadly, the character of Cyrano was a long-suffering martyr for his love, not unlike the Marshalin in "Der Rosencavalier." Someone who lets another lover take the heart of their truelove.

I prefer an inspiration that says, "Step aside, all you beaux (or belles)! I am here to win your heart totally and completely!"

Interesting notes. I love ylang-ylang!

BTW, I like your signature on genders for scents.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Has anyone sampled this one so far?

Yes. It is very nice and strong. Florals are very present, but tempered, to make it unisex IMO. Although I will not purchase it, I admire Yann Vasnier's work. It has an elegance and feel of quality materials like all the DelRae frags I have tried.

I sampled this about a week ago and loved it. In feeling but not necessarily in notes, it reminded me of Patricia de Nicolai's new Eau Mixte, though that one is a good deal lighter. The thing they do share is a masterful blending of "modern" musk notes in the base(s). Thinking of dropping hints to Santa - I'd love to find Panache in my stocking.

I`m just curious why didn`t they used Michel Roudnistka as perfumer from this one too, since he`s responsible for all the previous ones.
    Can`t wait my decant of this one, hope it arrives soon

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    Yes. It is very nice and strong. Florals are very present, but tempered, to make it unisex IMO. Although I will not purchase it, I admire Yann Vasnier's work. It has an elegance and feel of quality materials like all the DelRae frags I have tried.
    Sounds exactly like my cup of tea! Thx for your opnion!

I got my sample of this yesterday. It's strong but with very soft texture and lots of powdery florals. Smells good but definitely heavy on the feminine side. I've smelled "ladies" perfumes that were more masculine than this. The dry down helps a bit but it reminds me quite a bit of a softer and more powdery very of my wife's CK Euphoria.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by GGA View Post
    Sounds exactly like my cup of tea!
    Mine too!

Well, after using up quite a bit of my sample...... it's still a bit feminine, but I am starting to feel like it may actually be more masculine than feminine. It just flat out smells really good. I love Lumiere Noire Pour Homme and this is in the same category of smells for me. Yes, I am considering a bottle no matter what my first impressions were with this!

Quote Originally Posted by GGA View Post
    Sounds exactly like my cup of tea! Thx for your opnion!
    Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Mine too!
    I tried this a few days ago, and LOVED it! The combination of good vetiver, rose/florals, and incense reminded me a bit of Shaal Nur. It was softer around the edges, though. This just might be my favorite release of the year. ♥

Yann Vasnier in top form. Panache is example of ultra fine perfumery. High quality ingredients with a formula that could only be acheived by an accomplished artist. Yann has a lot of classic French perfume in his genes, but somehow manages to layer modernism into his work, making them uniquely his own. Discovering Yanns greatest works reminds me of the first time I heard Thelonious Monk, Wes Montgomery, & Ella Fitzgerald, etc....
    You feel so energized when you discover artists so unique in their field.

A true unisex perfume that is complex with many facets and surprises. It's so well balanced it's difficult to focus on individual notes.

The quality of this perfume would suggest to my nose something in the range of $250 - $350 a bottle. I was surprised it's only $150. Simply a bargain considering its pedigree. Run,don't walk to your nearest Delrae dealer and order a sample.
    Last edited by thebeck; 10th January 2011 at 10:00 PM.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    Yann Vasnier in top form. Panache is example of ultra fine perfumery. High quality ingredients with a formula that could only be acheived by an accomplished artist.

A true unisex perfume that is complex with many facets and surprises. It's so well balanced it's difficult to focus on individual notes.

The quality of this perfume would suggest to my nose something in the range of $250 - $350 a bottle. I was surprised it's only $150. Simply a bargain considering its pedigree. Run,don't walk to your nearest Delrae dealer and order a sample.
    I agree. It's an excellent fragrance.

I'm on my second sample of this and I still really like it. It definitely made me do a 180 compared to when I first smelled it. It actually reminds me a little of Cashmere Twill which I also like. Really good longevity!

Quote Originally Posted by pcrisp View Post
    I'm on my second sample of this and I still really like it. It definitely made me do a 180 compared to when I first smelled it. It actually reminds me a little of Cashmere Twill which I also like. Really good longevity!
    Funny you mention Cashmere Twill. I'm betting money not many Basenoters ever got around to sampling it. Cashmere Twill is not in the same league as Panache, but I still enjoy Cashmere Twill everytime I wear it.

Panache doesn't have a high "WOW FACTOR" - It's a get to know me better frag. Give it time, and you'll fall under its spell.

I just wanted to try Cashmere Twill because the bottle looked really cool. Like you said, not in the same league but I like the clean, soft smell. I just wish that Panache was in a more manly bottle. haha

Hate the Panache bottle. Might sample the scent, but hate the bottle.

Panache deserves more press. It is amazing and 100% FBW.
    It's complex and also smells as expensive as (or even more than) Xerjoff Modoc and Vetiver Pour Elle IMO. I'm definitely getting a bottle on my next order.
    Last edited by moltening; 28th January 2012 at 10:26 AM.