Code of Conduct

Default SotD-Saturday the 23th of October 2010!

Happy Saturday

My sotd :

Bright Crystal Versace

My sote:

So Elixir Yves Rocher
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: SotD-Saturday the 23th of October 2010!

Congratulations to Sophi on reaching the impressive total of 2000 posts.

My SotD is Xerjoff 17/17 Homme.

What can I say? It's L'Heure Bleue(50s extrait) all the way!

C’est un parfum très facetté, tout en nuances. En tête : bergamote, notes aromatiques, puis prend place le bouquet floral : œillet, rose bulgare, fleur d’oranger, jasmin, violette, héliotrope, sur un fond boisé : mousse, labdanum, et surtout très vanillé, juste une note musc très subtilement dosée.

Un soir d’été, Jacques Guerlain se promène et soudain, s’arrête ; il est troublé par le spectacle qu’il a devant les yeux : la nature est baignée d’une lumière bleue, un bleu très profond, indéfinissable ; elle semble conspirer à une infinie tendresse, une infinie douceur. C’est une heure silencieuse, une heure où l’homme est en harmonie avec le monde et la lumière, où toutes les senteurs exaltées parlent d’infini.
    Last edited by domperrier; 23rd October 2010 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post

Congratulations to Sophi on reaching the impressive total of 2000 posts.

My SotD is Xerjoff 17/17 Homme.
    THANK YOU JON RODGERS!You are the first to notice
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Sophie, 2000 posts and you joined us only in May this year. I diagnose an addiction for which there is no known cure.

Well, I threw open my cupboard with a mass of fragrances and thought - my dear, I haven't a thing to wear! If only today were Sniff & Speak. Eventually I chose a rare outing for

Carven MA GRIFF

Have a nice weekend
    Reformulation without information is fraud. Call the police.

CONGRATULATIONS Sophi! I have a sample of Ma Griffe and think I will join Sestra in it today.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Up early. Nice warm weather, even at night. No rain for the last three weeks here.

Jean Couturier Coriandre here with the matching lotion -- from my BN friend L.

Have a wonderful weekend.

SotD: Poison Tendre - just made a comeback to my little collection, found myself an old oval bottle (pre reformulation) and its as lovely on me as I remembered it.

Congratulations sweet sophie, and have a great weekend everyone!

Amouage Jubilation XXV

Basenotes Plus

On the US left coast, I haven't gone to bed yet. Not insomnia, just enjoy the wee hours.
    Congrats to the sophi on 2K posts!

Yawn...off to bed in Caron Royal Bain de Champagne (orig formula) in tribute to my pal rogalal
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Despite the fact that our Boston, MA gang are hardly posting any more -- except for Pomander -- please raise your vials to the health and happiness of SMM, it is his birthday today. Many happy returns of the day, Mark!

Basenotes Plus

Geranium Pour Monsieur by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier - Bois de Turquie. Happy Birthday Sommerville Metro Man!

Notes include mandarin, orange blossom, bergamot, noble laurel, geranium, iris, jasmine, sandalwood, myrrh, incense and patchouli.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

[IMG][/IMG]

Thumbs up Re: SotD-Saturday the 23th of October 2010!

TVBEROSA

Extrait de Parfum

P R O F V M V M
    R O M A
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milou View Post
    SotD: Poison Tendre
    Two days in a row. On behalf of the House of Dior; I thank you!

To celebrate Shoegal's re-discovering of it,
    and for my own selfish pleasure, my SotD is
    POISON - modern formulation.

Miss Sophi - 2000?! Wow, c'est magnifique!

Hello all. Chanel No22.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    Two days in a row. On behalf of the House of Dior; I thank you!

To celebrate Shoegal's re-discovering of it,
    and for my own selfish pleasure, my SotD is
    POISON - modern formulation.

Miss Sophi - 2000?! Wow, c'est magnifique!
    Poison for today...........I'll be in great company with Milou and Ducky

Thank you Ducky for re-introducing me to poison

and Sophi congrats on 2000 posts
    Happiness is a summer breeze, sand between your toes, and your family by your side.

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone!

Happy Birthday Sommerville Metro Man, I hope you have a great day!
    Congrats Sophi on reaching 2000, I love reading your posts!
    I hope those of you that were sick earlier this week are feeling better!

My SotD is Roseberry by Les Parfums de Rosine

Last edited by Kiliwia; 23rd October 2010 at 01:42 PM.

My SotD will be Kenzo Le Tigre. After I walk the doggies. Which will be after I have some more coffee.

Happy Sat. to All. I enjoy seeing all the postings for SotD, even after I post, because it is so interesting. If I ever learn to put photos on here, I'll be amazing (maybe). Love everybody's pics and artwork!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Ungaro III this morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Basenotes Plus

Happy birthday, SMM!
    Congratulations to Sophi, long may you continue to post!

Sharing the house with Knit_at_nite in Caron, Farnesiana extrait for me. Delectable!

Have a lovely day, all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Oh, Mark, a big, wet birthday kiss to you, wherever you are!

Sophi, your fingers must be tired!

I'm in a wonderful fragrance rut -- I like Au The Blanc on paper at my desk and 24 Faubourg on my shirt (it turns acrid on my skin).

A gray, rainy day (love, love, love!) for sitting at the computer and putting together a magazine while running videos in the corner of my monitor. This week's sidebar entertainment has been the Brit series Kingdom (available on Hulu), webisodes of Ctrl (funny), and Dean Martin DVDs on loan from a friend. Speaking of entertainment -- NOTE: PBS is airing the BBC's newest Sherlock Holmes in the U.S. this week. Highly recommended
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Blog Entries

Wow, sophi, 2000 already? Congratulations!

I'm wearing FdTRB today. I love this one in fall weather!

Moschino RTW AW 07/08

Moschino Couture! today. I always seem to pick these grand 'furs and pearls' type of perfumes to go to the supermarket on a Saturday. Big spaces can cope with big scents, and there's something wonderfully un-apropos about buying spuds and loo roll whilst smelling like a diva! I was at least wearing (faux) fur.

Happy Birthday Sommervile Metro Man!
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

I'm going out again tonight, wearing the classic above them all: N°5, Eau de Parfum.

Happy Birthday, Sommerville Metro Man!

Sophi, congratulations!

Sotd: Fleurs de Bulgarie - Creed

Last edited by *dora*; 23rd October 2010 at 04:06 PM.

Sacrebleu from Nicolaï.

Hello everyone and Congratulations to SMM and Sophie! Been to work today,but managed to oversleep and had to taxi to get there. Sotd is # 19.

First... Happy Birthday Sommervile Metro Man!

I'm in what remains of a decant of Chanel Cuir de Russie (and alas it is just NOT doing it for me, not strong enough for my tastes and has already faded on my skin 2 hours in.) ...

I've been a bad girl as I have made 2 scent purchases in the last month that I sorely do not need to have made: Chanel Platinum Egoiste after sampling it a couple times at the store and getting a lemming on... and after having a small decant from a generous basenoter of Idole de Lubin I have gone for a FB on that one. So my next scent will have to be something a loved one gets me for Christmas, I think. (heh... as if I needed anything else... what I have in my scent cabinet will last probably my lifetime if it doesn't go off before then!)

And I do need a real scent cabinet as the linen closet is getting cramped and awkward for the FBs I have. Maybe I can get my sweetie to build me one... that I think he would like!

EDIT: Hey Sophi, congrats on 2000! You're making me feel like a slacker as I joined a few months before you! Guess I got me some postin' to do!
    Last edited by actiasluna; 23rd October 2010 at 06:28 PM.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Hello everyone!

(((Twolf))) - that's for yesterday. I sure hope you're having a much better day today....but what the heck, here's another one just to be sure - (Twolf)

Congrats to sophi, and Happy Birthday to Somerville Metro Man!

I'm in Ralph Lauren's beautiful Safari, vintage edp.

Y'all have a wonderful day!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Congrats, Sophie, 2000 messages... I wonder if I'll ever make it to half that figure.

infusion d'Iris today, wanted something light.

Congratulations Sophi!

Happy Birthday SMM!!

Today I am wearing Tendre Madeleine
    Evenstar

I just noticed another name I recognize among the birthdays, so...

Happy Birthday to w3pearl - Hope you have a great one!

Also, *dora* - you smell so wonderful! I haven't worn my Fleurs de Bulgarie since the weather turned cool here, but you almost make me want to start over with my sotd!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

SotE is Lauren by Ralph Lauren....... original from the 80's just recently re-discovered and loved again
    Happiness is a summer breeze, sand between your toes, and your family by your side.

Wearing Estee Lauder's Pleasures Delight today.

Happy Birthday, Sommerville Metro Man! I hope you are having a wonderful day!

Happy Birthday to w3pearl! Enjoy your special day!

Yay, for Sophi! Congratulations on 2,000 posts!

Ume by Keiko Mecheri

Basenotes Plus

SotE - D'Orsay Le Dandy. Happy Birthday SMM & w3pearl !!.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 24th October 2010 at 12:04 AM.

Blog Entries

L'Heure Bleue by Guerlain.

Happy Birthday, SMM!

Happy Birthday, w3pearl!

Congrats, Sophi!

Today I am in 31 Rue Cambon and enjoying feeling better than I have felt of late. Take care, all!

Now enjoying Platinum Egoiste for the SoTA... the Cuir de Russie was just too fleeting and light. Particularly for the blustery and damp weather we're (finally) having.

EDIT: Added a layer of Aramis Reserve Classic or it is classic reserve... and a respritz of PE... it matches perfectly the now-clearing classic vermillion and violet Oklahoma sunset we're having.
    Last edited by actiasluna; 24th October 2010 at 12:58 AM.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Happy Birthday w3pearl!!
    Evenstar

Congrats to Sophi on 2000!
    ... and a very Happy Birthday to SMM and w3pearl!

As October nears its end, paradise is calling...

Saffron James Le'a

My mind says I need to go run errands, but my body really doesn't want to. I'm showered and dressed, though, so it's a start!

Leesee, I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.

I had to find a SotE that would work over the lingering patchouli of my SotD, Pleasures Delight, and I went with Dior's Midnight Poison. I took a small decant of this two years ago from Sephora, and I wore it for Halloween night, 2008. That was my 1st time wearing it. This is my 2nd time, two years later. This is a strange fragrance. It smells medicinal like Ben Gay or Tiger Balm - that hot/cold sensation - which I don't at all dislike, but I do find it overpowering next to the rose & orange, and I would not necessarily want to wear Tiger Balm as a perfume. As it dries down it becomes more acceptable. I also find this very masculine. I know we all wear whatever gender fragrance we like, we've established that and I have no beef with it, but I do prefer more traditionally "femme" fragrances. Can't help it, it's just my preference. But gender aside, this is still just a weird perfume to my nose, which is probably why it's perfect for Halloween! Smells like weird witches' flying ointment.

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing Fumerie Turque today. We're going to a party tonight and I'm just going to re-apply.

Sending happy birthday wishes to SMM and w3pearl.

Sur la Plage

My SOTE is Montale Musk to Musk.

Notes include white musk, nutmeg, aoud, teak wood, precious woods, grey amber and musk.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

Happy Birthday SMM, wherever you are...

Enjoy your Royal Bain, knit_at_night, and don't let me put you off of it! Just don't come visit me...

For a dull Saturday, I'm lounging around in the preposterously loud Ubar by Amouage. My neighbors are probably wondering where that powdery rose smell is coming from...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Happy Birthday to SSM and w3pearl !!! SSM - your presence is missed.

Congratulations Sophi....you're quite the prolific poster !!!

SotD was Hermes Ambre Narguile (from a sample). SotE is Infusion d'Iris - scent twins with Nuria G!

A special hello and hug to Quarry and Twolf, just because you're such fine people
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pomander View Post
    A special hello and hug to Quarry
    Seizing that opportunity!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

L'Heure Bleue '50s extrait is entering hour number 18! The powderiness has all but disappeared, leaving a low-key sweet trace that can only be detected close to the skin.

Basenotes Plus

Sticking with Caron- Eau de Réglisse for an evening in watching British crime dramas and eating popcorn
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SMM and w3pearl
    Congratulations SOPHI
    am. Purple Label by RL
    pm. Armani Diamonds Pour Homme
    Gary

SMM and w3pearl, I hope you both had a wonderful birthday!

Today, I did some testing and sample organizing. Highest highlight was Anné Pliska (beautiful on me – I didn't even know about this orange-y amber) and lowest lowlight was Emilio Pucci Vivara (I wanted to like it , but there was a synthetic smell that was not good on me). Fun!