Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Default Parfums DelRae Mythique

Please add:

A little-known iris-and-cedar scent is Parfums DelRae Mythique, by perfumer Yann Vasnier. For some reason this is not in the Basenotes Directory. Here's some information on it:

Top Notes: Mandarin, Italian Bergamot, Ivy
    Middle Notes: Peony, Jasmine Absolute Sambac, Florentine Orris Butter
    Base Notes: Sandalwood, Indonesian Patchouli, Musk Ambrette
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Default Re: Parfums DelRae Mythique

Love Mythique!

I second adding it, as well as Delrae Coup de Foudre, added after Mythique, also by Vasnier

Coup de Foudre - released 2010(?)
    Top: Baie Rose, bergamot, italian lemon "sfumato", pink grapefruit
    Middle: Rose de Mai France orpur absolute, purple peony, Egyptian jasmine absolute, magnolia orpur
    Base: Tonka Venezuela, vetiver, white moss, velvet musk
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

+1 for adding this. I've not tried it on myself, but my girlfriend loves it and it smells great on her

Most of Del Rae's are truly 'weird-shocking' creations to me, specially Emotionnelle (wtf?! I simply don't catch such a kind of bizarre & offensive scent, believe me) and also Amoureuse (which I love it on a paper strip, but sadly, that 'ultra-honeyed' didn't work on my skin chemistry at all).

Then, Début. This is still 'Weird', but No Shock: Lovely One, masterfully well done, just maybe... too much ladylike effect and in some sense, quite a bit 'soliflore' (= I get lilies and more lilies) to my taste.

I didn't pay much attention to Bois de Paradis, due to the number of sniffs I spent with all the rest... maybe next time.

The one that seduced me from the very first time -still I'm under its spell- was Mythique !: No Weird, No Shock (simplicity in the best sense: there is no confusion here, but it's yet bewitching). I find it sexy as well as delicate and so delightful... beautifully balanced and, in addition to that, perfectly wearable for any occasion -from casual to glam-! I see as the womanly version of SMN Città di Kyoto and SL's Daim Blond (both I use to like and never purchased because of its lack of a more.... feminine character). Although there's no strawberries in the composition, in this magnificient Orris & Florentine Iris scent I get some 'strawberry illusion' (or maybe it's just because of the 'pink floral' notes I get? I'm not sure!), not in a very 'girly' sense, but in some vague 'juicy red' trace that makes it -just little bit- fruity feminine... just my own perception, huh...

in short: heavenly Beautiful for Everyday & Night.
    perfectly suitable scent for men, sure (only I find more feminine than other Iris-leather fragrances)

a winner!!!
    Last edited by GeM; 1st April 2011 at 08:53 AM.

Bumping because I love this one. I would love to see all the Delraes from the past few years added: Emotionelle, Mythique, Coup de Foudre, and Panache.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sucrose View Post
    Bumping because I love this one. I would love to see all the Delraes from the past few years added: Emotionelle, Mythique, Coup de Foudre, and Panache.
    Hopefully these get added soon. Why doesn't Grant permit someone to manage new additions? *raises hand to volunteer*

My husband searched Mythique out for me while on a trip to NY. I had asked him to buy it, even though had never tried it before and it seems to be unavailable here in Australia. It was expensive and I expected it to be truly beautiful. I was basing my purchase purely on research. Well, it is truly different, and nothing like any fragrance that I have ever worn. Even though I wear it most days, to be honest, I am not a huge fan, partucularly, when first applied. Hoping that when combined with my own chemistry that it mellows somewhat to become less aggressive and a little sweeter. Sometimes, I layer it with a softer fragrance. Worn alone, I feel is not for everyone and probably, myself included. Interesting and certainly individual.

Maybe the DelRae's can be entered into the directory? Mythique, and now a newer ones, Coup de Foudre and Panache. thank you.

Just saw that most (all?) of the line is now in the directory, yay!