Code of Conduct

Default Great compliment on Kouros last night.

4-5 Sprays of Kouros out of the shower and I went off to finish screen printing posters. Before I went to the studio I stopped at a campus grocery store and the SA said" ooooo, what is that you're wearin'. It smeellllsss soooo good!"

In a rush I told her that I just got out the shower and it was probably lotion I put on or something.

But she seemed so struck by it...like she needed to fan herself.

Default Re: Great compliment on Kouros last night.

4-5 sprays of kouros? god damn man i am surprised you didn't kill anyone.

long live the King! best on earth IMO. i use 4 sprays less

Quote Originally Posted by dogsinatub View Post
    long live the King! best on earth IMO. i use 4 sprays less
    me too, 1 is enough i cannot imagine spraying 5 i would throw up.

For me, Kouros is 2 sprays for work situations, 3 for personal use on weekends, etc.

I love Kouros, but yikes. More than two sprays and I'd feel a bit queasy, too. But nice that it got a compliment.

You should report that girl to her boss at the grocery....CLEARLY she is coming to work either high, drunk, or both.

4-6 sprays of Kouros are just right. One at the nape of the neck, one at the front of the neck, twice on chest/stomach, once or twice on underarms.

This thread is hilarious!

Four sprays for me, too. I think I will moved down to two when I work up the nerve to wear it to work.
    "You just keep me hangin' on." -- Farewell, Lou.

you guys got noses of steel.

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    4-6 sprays of Kouros are just right. One at the nape of the neck, one at the front of the neck, twice on chest/stomach, once or twice on underarms.
    Thats how I roll.

7 for me. Sorry, love the stuff. Its like magic...I attract MILFs and cougars alike. Not a good thing sometimes.

2 to bare chest post shower
    2 to under arms, no deo (mix with natural body juices is purrfekt)
    1 envelope
    1 to the crotch area
    1 to the palm rubbed and applied to the neck area

Look out world, here comes Kouros man!

See this: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/224...ght=YSL+Kouros
    Last edited by Andrewthecologneguy; 15th October 2010 at 05:12 AM. Reason: shameless plug
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

Good work on applying it effectively my friend. Spray with abandon! I'm afraid of kouros and I havent the balls to wear it that proudly!
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

AromiErotici

Kouros gets a bad rap, but everything ain't for everybody. I wear Kouros on a semi-regular basis and use a few sprays only. I normally am a heavy sprayer due to skin type, but with Kouros (......and Balenciaga PH...), I only need 2-3 sprays and I'm good for 6 hours. Body heat amplifies it and gives it serious projection.

There's a girl at work who, since I wore it last, will not come withing a few feet of me. Everyone at work knows I wear scent every day and that I re-apply via atomizers. However, since I wore Kouros, she literally goes out of her way to stay out of smells reach. She is the only person I have come in contact with who is repulsed by Kouros.

Everyone else either likes it or is simply indifferent. One regular customer has me looking for a bottle to buy him as we speak. I, for one, love the smell of it when applied with a careful hand.....and I believe that's the magic of Kouros. Less is more.

For me the best and almost exclusive method to apply Kouros is the walkthrough-method or to spray from 30cm, at the very least away.
    Last edited by Nasenmann; 15th October 2010 at 02:23 PM.

DeepSilence

With 2 sprays the fragrance will go before begining projection!
    You got compliment because of this 4-5 sprays.

I agree with Aromi, less is more, especially with Kouros and less is a key for Kouros to work well at how it smells. Keeping it to 2-3 sprays max is important to how the scent works to interact with body heat and mix with it. Kouros magic happens when the sillage wafts off of your body space mixed with normal body heat to generate a Kouros-Steam effect that needs your body heat, moisture and mix with your natural scent to get that great Kouros effet. But, when it is put on too strong, Kouros rides over your body heat and loses this magical steamy scent and thats when you become that cologne guy - not good!

Kouros is ok from time to time but I cannot go more than 1 spray because that stuff is very strong on me.

Ah God's favourite fragrance...Three sprays for me, one on the base of the chest and one on each wirst. This one suprises me everytime i wear it, so good!
    Knize Ten !

Sur la Plage

Kouros is King. Wear as much as you think works best for you - as with all fragrances.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

i heard it smells like a toilet?? or urine? or something like that. can someone elaborate

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    i heard it smells like a toilet?? or urine? or something like that. can someone elaborate
    It contains a strong civet note in his base. Sometimes it has a strong urine like accord.

http://www.perfumes.com/eng/materials_animal.htm

I know it sounds crazy and smells horrible on a card, but once you actually WEAR this stuff there will never be another substitute.

Wow I wear one spray & I'm good. I love it. Now I just gotta get the courage up to actually wear Kouros out of the house.

I find Kouros smells best when I put it on right after taking a shower. It seems that the dampness and warmth of my skin after a shower helps it absorb the scent better and allows my skin to adjust and "become one" with it. I also find it lasts longer too.

I usually do about 4 sprays.

I still don't get all the, "I'm afraid of wearing Kouros out of the house" posts. What's there to be afraid of? Why bother wearing it at all?
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    I find Kouros smells best when I put it on right after taking a shower. It seems that the dampness and warmth of my skin after a shower helps it absorb the scent better and allows my skin to adjust and "become one" with it. I also find it lasts longer too.

I usually do about 4 sprays.

I still don't get all the, "I'm afraid of wearing Kouros out of the house" posts. What's there to be afraid of? Why bother wearing it at all?
    Become "one" with the scent, I like that.

I love those women that go nuts over the smell of urinals. 5 sprays, dude, you must still be stinking 6 days later.

Quote Originally Posted by jbthorpe View Post
    I love those women that go nuts over the smell of urinals. 5 sprays, dude, you must still be stinking 6 days later.
    I haven't loitered around public toilets long enough to get this association...

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    D@mn Tott, that's pretty strong!

I actually enjoy a spray or two of Kouros' more polite father, Orange Spice underneath other citrus SOTD's, even though Orange Spice's topnote is fecal, the slight bit of Orange and Clove I really like, and I really really like the smooth, thick, musky "bleached bathroom" drydown, as it stays clean and smooth for quite a long time, never gets pissy. But everytime I try a spray of Kouros (happens every 6 mos or so), I always like the citrus/spice topnotes, thinking (oh good, maybe this time I'll like it), and then 30 minutes later, wham, the dirty white porcelain urinal comes and strangles the whole composition with it's dominating stench. That Urinal is not clean......it only has powerful aromachemicals cloaking it, and a thick layer of floor soap residue fused with grimy caked-on urine-solids.

Even the sportiest of the flankers, which seems to have so much promise initially...seem to give way ultimately to the undeniably filthy porcelain urinal, with it's caked on liquid grime.

All that said:

I have once applied maybe 26-28 sprays of Kouros to a single forearm to really test the scent, to bore all the way into it's core, to find all it's lesser notes. Even after frantically scrubbing 10 minutes later at home, I could not get it off, it took maybe 4-5 showers to really get every trace of it gone. I sometimes wonder how long it must have smelled like Kouros for, in that Ulta. True story that Ulta has now been shut down. Spot in the minimall is still vacant.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    D@mn Tott, that's pretty strong!

I actually enjoy a spray or two of Kouros' more polite father, Orange Spice underneath other citrus SOTD's, even though Orange Spice's topnote is fecal, the slight bit of Orange and Clove I really like, and I really really like the smooth, thick, musky "bleached bathroom" drydown, as it stays clean and smooth for quite a long time, never gets pissy. But everytime I try a spray of Kouros (happens every 6 mos or so), I always like the citrus/spice topnotes, thinking (oh good, maybe this time I'll like it), and then 30 minutes later, wham, the dirty white porcelain urinal comes and strangles the whole composition with it's dominating stench. That Urinal is not clean......it only has powerful aromachemicals cloaking it, and a thick layer of floor soap residue fused with grimy caked-on urine-solids.

Even the sportiest of the flankers, which seems to have so much promise initially...seem to give way ultimately to the undeniably filthy porcelain urinal, with it's caked on liquid grime.

All that said:

I have once applied maybe 26-28 sprays of Kouros to a single forearm to really test the scent, to bore all the way into it's core, to find all it's lesser notes. Even after frantically scrubbing 10 minutes later at home, I could not get it off, it took maybe 4-5 showers to really get every trace of it gone. I sometimes wonder how long it must have smelled like Kouros for, in that Ulta. True story that Ulta has now been shut down. Spot in the minimall is still vacant.
    holy shit dude. i can never even think of spraying that many sprays of ANY fragrance on myself. even the lightest of fragrances. ur arm must have been really wet and wow i just cannot imagine that. especially with such a strong scent (or as ive heard)

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    I have once applied maybe 26-28 sprays of Kouros to a single forearm to really test the scent, to bore all the way into it's core, to find all it's lesser notes.
    I'm about as hardcore a Kouros fan as they get, and I think I'd die if I put 26 sprays of Kouros anywhere within 20 feet of me.

I wouldn't even do 26 sprays of 4711 on myself!
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewthecologneguy View Post
    7 for me. Sorry, love the stuff. Its like magic...I attract MILFs and cougars alike. Not a good thing sometimes.

2 to bare chest post shower
    2 to under arms, no deo (mix with natural body juices is purrfekt)
    1 envelope
    1 to the crotch area
    1 to the palm rubbed and applied to the neck area

Look out world, here comes Kouros man!

See this: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/224...ght=YSL+Kouros
    ...oh dear. Do you really?
    l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

Really,

I used 2 sprays of Kouros today... didnt smell anything during the day. I can only smell it if i smell my shirt.

So i guess 4-5 sprays isnt that much
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

I usually use AS although I dont shave myself too often + 1-2 sprays of EdT
    Last edited by Morning Star; 21st October 2010 at 10:12 PM.

I have Kouros perfume oil,and it is very very strong than fragrance ,and it is last on my skin 24hours.

do you know where I could find an original kouros bottle by any chance?

Basenotes Plus

I always go with 5-7 sprays. Great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by KBF1972 View Post
    I always go with 5-7 sprays. Great stuff.
    Three sprays of this scent on me lasts until the shower the next morning. Great stuff agree.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Kouros is my all time favorite fragrance.

I'd rate it 11/10 if possible.

I use it as a body spray - to avoid to many sprays close to my neck area.
    So I would advice you to use 3-4 sprays around lower chest area, 2-3 sprays around neck area and 1 spray to the back of your head and you are good to go.
    Remember that Kouros is quite potent, so you don't need to apply double figure amounts of sprays with this stuff - 7-8 sprays should do it just fine (not kidding here)

This is coming from the founder of the Liberal oversprayers club of course
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    Now with 418 bottles in my collection