Code of Conduct

Default Hello and thanks

Finally set up an account here, the reviews and forums have been awesome.

Recent purchases influenced by these boards: ( I like smells for every occasion and some for pure nostalgia so they are all over the place. )

a*men pure malt (2 bottles just in case after I smelled it in nordstroms)
    Hollister socal
    Nobile Royalty
    Lagerfeld classic
    Mustang
    Michael kors
    A&F Fierce

My soon to buy list:
    Jubilation xxv (xmas present)
    Kouros
    Something arabian not sure yet! definitely with incense and oud

Anyhow thanks for all the great reviews and reads! Yes that's me taking a swig of my malt!
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

Default Re: Hello and thanks

Your soon to buy list is on target. I have Jubilation XXV and it is amazing. Kouros is timeless. For your third choice, you might go with something from the Montale line -- I figure with the Amouage on there you aren't too concerned with the price!
    "You just keep me hangin' on." -- Farewell, Lou.

Awesome, I am going to go read up on that line now!

Also on my list right after those 3 will be (in no particular order)

Varvatos Artisan ( smelled this at nordstroms and came very close to buying it but went with the double pure malt instead)
    Rochas Lui and maybe Rochas man
    Habit Rouge

I am also going to maybe snag some samples of some tobacco-esque scents I love the smell of pipe tobacco more before burn than during.

Think maybe a sample of Tabarome and maybe Tobacco vanille to start.

Now off to read more!
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

Quote Originally Posted by Quiptos View Post
    Finally set up an account here, the reviews and forums have been awesome.

Recent purchases influenced by these boards: ( I like smells for every occasion and some for pure nostalgia so they are all over the place. )

a*men pure malt (2 bottles just in case after I smelled it in nordstroms)
    Hollister socal
    Nobile Royalty
    Lagerfeld classic
    Mustang
    Michael kors
    A&F Fierce

My soon to buy list:
    Jubilation xxv (xmas present)
    Kouros
    Something arabian not sure yet! definitely with incense and oud

Anyhow thanks for all the great reviews and reads! Yes that's me taking a swig of my malt!
    Jubilation is friggin amazing. Good choice.

Vintage Tabarome smells like one of those liquid Ginseng shots that come in the glass vial. Obviously it's much more complex, but that's kind of the opening.

Another vote for Habit Rouge EDT.

If you can find it, try the rare EDP and even the extrait, which is pricey.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Don't get a Montale for something Arabian. Get something actually Arabian, Zahras Boutique has quite a few offerings.

But if you just want the Arabian feel, I'd still recommend Serge Lutens over Montale. Montale are just Aoud and Roses over and over, they do it well, but it gets boring.

Wow Zahras stuff just looks so cool, like you just might get a genie popping out of all those cool looking vials.

I am not sure if I am really after Arabian or just what I perceive as that middle east spicey sweet woody smell. Being stationed quite a few places in the middle east it's the smell that I would get mostly in the evening afternoon people milling around chatting drinking and just a sweet smell hard to describe.

I have never quite found the smell but maybe it's just a mix of the area and multiple sources. Best I could do is list a few notes maybe but I am not well versed on scents.

Incense for sure sweet type of incense and spicey like a spice market, then for sure some wood not sure what kind but definitely not piney, maybe vanilla or amber in there almost sick to your stomach sweet once in awhile but in a good way. For sure a little patchouli in there somewhere from my Father who pretty much only wears different themes of patchouli.

Like I said, very hard to describe for me. I am not sure at all if it's Arabian or maybe even Egyptian or Oriental that I am thinking of. Maybe over time and samples I will close in on it!

Basenotes Plus

Welcome Quiptos!

Las Vegas is a great place for perfume shopping. Love your signature.
    Have fun here!
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Welcome to our stink-a-thon Quiptos