Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Kerosene

Default Re: You Enjoy Ambers, EXCEPT...

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Actually l bought the shower gel in TK Maxx last week expecting it to be an amber scent, but it's not! lt was only later when l checked the reviews that l realised amber is not listed in the notes. lt smells of whisky, go figure! That's why l didn't mention it here as l didn't think it would count. The name is very misleading indeed!
    Even though Basenotes doesnt list it, amber is one of the notes according to Baldessarini's website. But the amber note isnt very prominant, it sorta lies underneath everything, giving the fragrance a warm aura.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    One that I thought would get mentioned here, but has not is Baldessarini Ambré.

I have never assessed it, but the percentage of neutral and negative reviews is pretty high.
    I guess I didn't think of it because I personally don't consider it an amber fragrance.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Another vote for Ambre Sultan I'm afraid. I'm a big fan of Lutens in general, but I just can't get into this one.
    My feelings exactly.

An amber frag that is another for me being waaaayyy too sweet as well as too feminine is Versace Man ...the purple bottle one. Coincidentally this morning I had a female friend visit me, we hung out for a few hours and she took a quick shower before she left, knows I have nice cologne collection. Asked if there was anything she could wear 'girly' enough for her as she put it.

So I pulled out the VM, sprayed some paper to let her smell it and she went nuts over it and gave herself a spray. I told her I don't think I'd ever wear it again cause it's too sweet and feminine but that it smelled great on her. She begged me to buy it from me, it was about 75% of a 50ml... and I relented and just gave it to her, though. I got it dirt cheap anyway from some guy cleaning his closet.

So it's time to amend the old wardrobe....heh
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Off-Scenter

L'Eau d'Ambre and Ambre Extrême, for starters - both are bland and characterless to my nose. Then Ambre Narguilé, which to me is not so much amber as fruitcake, and Aoud Ambre, which smells to me more like an olfactory accident than a coherent composition.

(As a point of reference, my favorite ambers are Ambre Sultan, Ambre Précieux, and Ambre Russe.)

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Blue Amber, because it's too muddled with vanillic sweetness. I like 'em dry.
    BA is the closest I've come to not liking an amber. I don't hate it, but it is just too plain sweet. I appreciate it though, but hardly find a good time to wear it now.

One that has distinctively left me a little underwhelmed is Ambra Nera by Farmacia SS. Annunziata. Not bad, but underwhelming. Maybe I expect too much.

Blue Amber is mediocre amber on me. Not bad, not good, just very redundant.

+1 for Ambre Sultan. Something about it just turns sour on my skin after an hour.

Teddius