Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: SOTD -Synchronized Friday The 15th of October 2010 - The Skankiest Fragrance You Own

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    I love me some skanky perfume! This thread has had me laughing out loud several times.
    I'll contribute my skankiest best in TDC's original Rose Poivree...the civet "monster". I love it!
    Oh, I forgot about Rose Poivree! I love that one and still have a little in my travel-sized bottle. Maybe tomorrow... thanks for the reminder, RHM!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: SOTD -Synchronized Friday The 15th of October 2010 - The Skankiest Fragrance You Own

SotE is Obsession edp.

Post Thanks / Like

Bal A Versailles for me

Post Thanks / Like

Hey y'all -

Having done my part this morning to skank up my little corner of Wisconsin, I'm now in the soft and sweet, warm and woody Secret Obsession by Calvin Klein. Enjoy your evening, everyone!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Skankless, as is my usual style :-) Started the day in Cuir de Russie, and am ending it Floris's Snow Rose
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bal A Versailles scared me with a skank at first, but now it dried down to something very sweet, deep, and comforting! It embraces and envelops without even a thought of dirtiness. I am happy that the skankfest made me rediscover this fragrance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quarry, OMG what a lovely avatar! Perfectly fitting for leather skank AND for the season! LOL!

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone! Had to wear a quiet fragrance this morning and afternoon for doctor appointments, I chose Vanisia by Creed. Now that I'm home I'll get out my Jicky sample to wear tonight.

111 samples? Wow, 30 Roses that's amazing! I felt lucky yesterday getting 8 at Macy's. You'll have to tell us your secret, how to get them to be more generous with samples.

Hmm. I meant to put on MKK but think (as I have an unlabeled decant that looks like one I made) I'm in Fumerie Turque this afternoon. (heh.) It's pretty, odd, musky-spicy, and leathery and smoky, but I understand why I traded it off for Montale Black Aoud.
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Killwia,

I printed out my original post for the Malle sample group and told the manager about how I'd like to set up a sampling group for Penhaligon's, told her how it works and that we would give credit to the Yale Center for British Art gift shop. She was very supportive of the idea.

The point is, they are not samples for me. They won't end up on eBay. They are for BNers to try and pass along.

I think if we approach other companies with this sort of request-- Creed, Bond No. 9, Diptyque etc-- they may also be supportive and generous. We should try!

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I understood that they were for sharing with BN. I think it's wonderful of you to be setting this up, so people will get a chance to sample them.

30 Roses... I agree! We Basenoters, as perfumista/perfumistos, should try to test as many different scents that are currently out there as possible! (I know that my samples are growing at a slightly scary rate, and it would make sense to share the samples I have if something does <or doesn't > "resonate" with me.)
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

30Roses - That's a really big pile of samples! Great idea, though (and great customer relations for the other side, too!)

The powdery soft prettiness of the MFK is long gone, so I doused myself in Bal a Versailles EDT.

BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Warum View Post
    Quarry, OMG what a lovely avatar! Perfectly fitting for leather skank AND for the season! LOL!
    Thanks, Warum. There's something oh so sick about a pig wearing cowhide.
    Monarch butterflies require milkweed to prevent extinction

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Thanks, Warum. There's something oh so sick about a pig wearing cowhide.
    Indeed

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Creed Silver Mountain Water tonight.
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time

Couldn't resist. Took a shower and joined RHM in Rose Poivree for my SotE. It's just great! :-)

Post Thanks / Like

SotE is Givenchy Organza Indecence on top of the remaining Muscs Koublai Khan. Wow, is that GOOD!!

OMG! I have not laughed so hard in a long time. This thread is priceless.

My SOTD was SJP Twilight a musky jasmine with a touch of cedar(hey I had to go shopping and to work & break down 75 boxes I didn't want silliage from the back room to the front door.)
    SOTE hmm? either Diva -cumin,or Jicky or Shalimar-civet(boy I hopethis doesn't threaten my tomcat Zorro. If it does I will be doing a LOT of laundry &/or couch scrubbing tomorrow!)

No Skank for me.....Armani Attitude!!!
    Gary

TABU! First time wearing it!
    Applied with a light hand though.
    I like it, spicey! Sultry!
    The olfactory challenged fiancee did not complain....

SoTE Older Tabu on the right wrist ,Jicky on the left . Loving the Tabu -not so much the Jicky .I like Shalimar more than Jicky.

Post Thanks / Like

I was at my mom's house today. I almost wore her vintage Femme, but I just could not do it. It is my mom's. That is the perfume my dad gave her when they started dating, and she has worn it ever since. Last Christmas I found a vintage parfum for her.
    Funny, I have no problem wearing my dad's fragrances.

Today I wore Cabochard. Is that skanky enough? I just find it deliciously green and oakmossy.
    Evenstar