Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SOTD -Synchronized Friday The 15th of October 2010 - The Skankiest Fragrance You Own

Happy Friday Everybody

Wearing Dana by Tabu for Synchronized Friday
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Default Re: SOTD -Synchronized Friday The 15th of October 2010 - The Skankiest Fragrance You Own

Hell, I always forget! I'm wearing Feminité du Bois today, almost completely free of skank to my nose, but I'll dab on some Jicky or ambergris tincture tonight - or just go with pure synthetic civet and stink up the place!

Default Re: SOTD -Synchronized Friday The 15th of October 2010 - The Skankiest Fragrance You Own

I've decided on Tom Ford's Urban Musk from a sample for SSD today... its full of unwashed-underwear stank!

Actually, today I have decided to go fragrance free, out of respect for those miners who were trapped as well as for the heroes that worked night and day for the last 2 months to save them.

Montana Parfum de Peau. I'm not sure if this is my skankiest fragrance, but it's certainly animalic to the core...

Basenotes Plus

Naturally I don't think I have any skanky frags in my collection! But going with Deci Dela by Nina Ricci, chiefly because of the trashy pink bottle with the gold top, not to mention the supersweet juice inside.

Have an enjoyable day everyone.

Basenotes Plus

Getting my 'Skank On' in:

Kingdom Extrait & EDP by the late, great Alexander McQueen.

Happy 'Skanking' peeps!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD -Synchronized Friday The 15th of October 2010 - The Skankiest Fragrance You Own

Vincent Marcello ' s

yatagan

C A R O N
    P A R I S
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

I find Nirmala has a "skank" side to it, maybe the cumin.
    It can smell like unwashed skin on some people but
    hopefully not me!
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Sur la Plage

Good morning and TGIF! My SOTD is Miller Harris L'Air de Rien - for Synchronized Friday (Skanky Fragrance).

Notes include French oak moss, Tunisian neroli, sweet musk, amber and vanilla.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Scent twin with miss Sophi in vintage Tabu, EdC.

Yatagan. Though it's not my skankiest (that would be Al Oudh).
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

I put on Bigarade Concentree by Malle, which is probably very tame for the skank lovers here, but pret-ty wild for a citrus girl like me.

I have a sample of Dzing! but I just couldn't bring myself to put in on. Last time I wore it I thought my colleague had farted all day!

P.S.: My neighbour just said it smells very unique, kind of like India...

P.P.S.: What exactly qualifies as skanky? Musc notes?
    Last edited by Klute; 15th October 2010 at 11:42 AM.

The Odor-able Kitty or Pepe le Pew of my collection is Paco Rabanne La Nuit -- a sweet smell of civet, roses, civet, honey, civet and leather. I have to be in the mood to wear this one because most of my scents are predictably sweet, light and carefree. I will do it today for sync reasons and because I was thinking of it.

Got a story for you. Mr.T. (here we go again, he does not know much about fragrances despite my futile efforts) said a few years ago when I was wearing La Nuit: "Is is Kenzo Elephant?" First I was smitten that he knows that these two words go together and the whole concept of "Kenzo Elephant" and then replied: "No, it is Paco Rabanne, why?" He answered: "Because it smells like an elephant, I remember this scent from when I was with the circus" (which was over 30 years ago and neither fragrance existed yet). So, La Nuit is mighty strong, I s'pose.

Oh, shoot, look how many birthdays we are fortunate to have today -- about 130? Just look at the Forums front page. An error?

Basenotes Plus

In skank sync with Serge Lutens Muscs Koublai Khan. LOL, they're gonna love me at work today.

Have a lovely Friday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

That's sad... I dont have a skanky fragrance.

The Synchronized Friday slipped my mind as my nose is blocked from the flu... but I did put something skanky today and it is the Chole original

For synchronized Friday I be wearing Todd Oldham not really skanky but definately boozy
    Happiness is a summer breeze, sand between your toes, and your family by your side.

I'm out of Bal a Versailles, my favorite skanky scent.

The best I can do today is Kiehl's Original Musk. I once heard someone describe this one as having a "touch of hiney" in it. That counts for skank, doesn't it?

Having a dilema: L'Air de Rien or MKK for me today ? Or may be Bal a Versailles.....

L'Instant. It has a earthy, rotting Lily smell that both repulses me and interests me.

Michael for Men- Michael Kors

Jicky's civety goodness for me today for Skank Synch Fest.

NebraskaLovesScents, I definitely detect a touch of hiney in Kiehl’s Musk. I also find it creamy-floral & pretty.

I'm wearing Rochas Femme today and will use Bal a Versailles for my SotE.

Have a great Friday, Y'all.

I'm slowly working my way through the "Hundred Perfumes Every Perfumista Must Try". Toward that end, I recently bought several Guerlain samples, so today is Jicky for me.

Business travel day, serious stuff, so I can't induge quite yet. SotM is Creed Vetiver, the '48 version. Meetings will be over by noon, and after that. . . I'm thinking Jovan Musk For Men. It's the sluttiest fragrance I know. Just smells like cheap whore sex addict. What's not to like?

I'm joining in on my first synchronized Friday!Instead of something animalic,I'm doing another take on skanky.I decided to wear Euphoria based on Mellivora_capensis' claim in the reviews that it smells"...kind of like a latex condom filled with cough syrup held by two people,one of whom is wearing Beautiful and the other is wearing Obsession."Well,I love Obsession,but eeeewwwww!
    The nose wants what it wants!

OOps, I forgot! You're all so brave!

Luckily I'm in vintage Sortilège by Le Galion which has a touch of that lovely 'French' undercurrent to it!
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

I am trying an unknown perfume. I have seen the bottle before but I can't remember what it was.The cap has two protuberances shapped like irregular circles. To me they look just like Shrek's ears. Anyone knows what I am talking about? By the smell it's something from the late 80's.
    P.S.Nevermind. It's Chloe.

Good morning everyone!

Although I usually don't associate animalic notes with skank as much as velvety and warm kitty fur, I actually understand why this is considered a bit dirty and usually save it for evening....but naturally, I've made an exception for le Duc's Skankfest Friday. I'm in Femme de Rochas, vintage pdt.

Y'all have a skanky day!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by darkdreams View Post
    I am trying an unknown perfume. I have seen the bottle before but I can't remember what it was.The cap has two protuberances shapped like irregular circles. To me they look just like Shrek's ears. Anyone knows what I am talking about? By the smell it's something from the late 80's.
    P.S.Nevermind. It's Chloe.
    That's funny! I think they're calla lilies.

Basenotes Institution

I couldn't start my day in something skanky, as I had an important meeting at work today...so I'll have to join all you later.

For now it's:

White by Comme des Garcons

Dang, dang, DANG! I knew I should have listened up this week, what a perfect opportunity to slay my coworkers with three sprays o' Tabu! Well, that'll come later, you can count on it. Besides, today feels more like an Alien day.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline
    Y'all have a skanky day!
    Yes!! Best salutations ever. Duc, can we have another dirty Friday soon? Pretty please?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Twolf, your spry make me laugh!

I'm in Penhaligon's Bluebell today but not on skin, where it quickly turns to clove on me. I have it on my new aromatherapy locket/cage type pendant, where it is wafting up a delicious hyacinth smell. I may buy a bottle.

In fact, today hubby and I are headed to the Yale Center for British art which sells a number (not all) of the Penhaligon's fragrances at their gift shop. Because so many BNers have not had the chance to smell Penhaligon's fragrances, I'm going to ask the SA if they wouldn't mind giving me a number of samples for the purpose of doing another pass-around of samples. Wish me luck!

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Creed Acier Aluminium

Looks like I'm not the only man joining in... my SOTD is the stinkiest fragrance I own, Giorgio Beverly Hills for Men.

I accidentally overapplied, and I already got a funny complaint (that's complaint, not compliment) from a family member: "The whole house stinks... You smell like you're going to Walmart!" The funny thing is that I was going to go to Walmart shortly to pick up a couple of things, and I appreciated that "complimaint" on this extra-stinky SSD.
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

I forgot to check what the theme for today was. I'm wearing Adrienne Vittadini, has some musk, but by no means skanky.

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
    ...I already got a funny complaint (that's complaint, not compliment) from a family member: "The whole house stinks... You smell like you're going to Walmart!" The funny thing is that I was going to go to Walmart...
    This made me laugh out loud, truly.

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
    "The whole house stinks... You smell like you're going to Walmart!" The funny thing is that I was going to go to Walmart shortly to pick up a couple of things, and I appreciated that "complimaint" on this extra-stinky SSD.
    Laughing... I was inspired to go to peopleofwalmart dot com, to find just the right photo to post, but really, they're priceless and I couldn't pick just one. So I'm encouraging anyone who has the time and the inclination to check it out themselves. Kind of goes with the skanky theme... :-) (ahhh, yes, proud to be an American...)

Well, my wardrobe is short on skank! (I've got some L'air Derriere -- forget which basenoter I'm quoting here -- but am not in the mood for it this warm day) So I'll look at this thread carefully for inspiration, and make a list of must-samples, so I'll be ready next time. Or, I may just not be WOMAN enough... I have an old Tabu around here somewhere. It frightened me the first time I opened it, and the trauma is too fresh to try it again.

Think I'll head in an entirely different direction, as I've been trending to iris this week -- Iris 39 for me today!

Have a lovely FRIDAY all!!

Basenotes Plus

Nice to see so may boys joining in!

Quote Originally Posted by C Rose View Post
    I may just not be WOMAN enough... I have an old Tabu around here somewhere. It frightened me the first time I opened it, and the trauma is too fresh to try it again.
    Phoey on that, CRose. Having met you in SF, you are definately woman enough- you're just in need of a classier skank 'fume.

I have been under the weather since yesterday morning with a stomach flu. I do not feel like an application of anything- much less skank- so I will miss this synchro day. I might have worn my adored Jicky EDT (actually,the only version I own) or Paco Rabanne La Nuit (which I have but haven't thoroughly tested) Oh well, another day.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Quote Originally Posted by C Rose View Post
    (I've got some L'air Derriere -- forget which basenoter I'm quoting here)
    ROTFL!!!!!!!

It's Friday again!
    I clean forgot! And it's such a brilliant theme today!
    I am testing En Passant today, Fredrick Malle, but in a few hours it will be Dana TABU!!!
    Brilliant, I haven't dared to try my vintage bottle yet. Brought it on E-bay and had it send to the bf who is an olfactory challenge. But he will have to lump it today!
    Excellent excuse to put a few dabs behind the earlobes tonight!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

The manager at the gift shop of the Yale Center for British Art was very interested in helping us out in sampling Penhaligon's and gave me a large number of samples to send around in sampling groups. I've just gotten home and have not yet sorted through the bag, but as soon as I eat lunch I'll have a good look through the bag and post to start new sampling groups.

I too could not go off to work today stanking of skank due to a big meeting!

Might wear Rochas Femme later on...
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Basenotes Plus

30 Roses, that is great! Smart manager, too.
    I just had the opportunity to sniff the complete Penhaligon line last weekend and was very impressed. Your generosity and organizational skills will definately benefit Basenoters who are not near major retail centers.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

summer means fireflys

I didn't dare go too skanky for work today either ... but I'm wearing the oh-so secksay Musc Ravageur!

Have a great Friday everyone!

I unintentionally ended up smelling very skanky today... had forgotten about the synchronized Friday and put on Samsara. Then, I opened a new can of hairspray (herbal essences with a "citrus sunset" scent) and ended up smelling like I'd slept a) in my car, too close to the fruit-shaped hang air freshener < no I don't use one > or b) in a head shop where the cheap incense rack fell over on me during the night. The resulting cacophany of skank was... from the dirty fake vanilla, what might be synthetic sandalwood, and quasi-citrus in the hairspray combined with the jasmine, iris, sandalwood, amber and vanilla in Samsara. Yikes and LOL!

I think I might add to the effect (I actually got so self-conscious I wet-brushed part of the hairspray out early on in the day) by dipping into my little MKK decant. Since I'm by myself at home this afternoon, that sounds like a grand, skank-filled plan!
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Blog Entries

For the skankfest I dug out two samples I kept but was afraid to return to (a prize for bravery please!). One of them was La Rose de Rosine and I am surprised that I found this one skanky when I tried it before. I bet it just mixed with some other scent, a lotion most likely, to create an effect. I don't find it skanky right now, a wonderful grown-up rose. The other one was Bal A Versailles vintage edc. Um, this one fits the bill, I'm sure, especially on my musky skin, but I am certainly much less skank-timid then I used to be when I started onto a perfumista's roses strewn path, so to speak

Now I wish I had two other samples that I found so unwashed that I gave them away -- Shalimar and Ambre Sultan. I'll try to get them in time for the next skankfest... to find out they're not skanky at all, I guess!

OOPS... we were supposed to wear the skankiest one we own? A FB, that is? none of my FB can be described as skanky, I don't think, so excuse me if I did wrong -- I did what I could!..
    Last edited by Warum; 15th October 2010 at 07:34 PM. Reason: afterthoughts

Man, this is one stinkified thread! I'm loving the stories today, but had to hold my nose while reading. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Furriner View Post
    Yatagan. Though it's not my skankiest (that would be Al Oudh).
    I was going to wear Boucheron today, as it is my most animalic fragrance, but thanks to Furriner I'm reminded that I have a sample of Al Oudh. Here goes...dab dab dab...OH! It's wonderful! Deep and rich, spicy and sweet. The warm, rounded leather really stands out. It will be interesting to see how it develops. It's certainly not my style, but I'm admiring it!

Here is more info on L'Artisan Al Oudh for those who haven't yet tried it:

Perfumer: Bertrand Duchaufour, 2009
    Notes: Cumin, cardamom, pink pepper, date, rose, neroli, incense, saffron, leather note, oudh, Atlas cedar, castoreum, civet, sandalwood, patchouli, myrrh, vanilla and tonka bean

Basenotes Plus

SotE: Jicky EDP .
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

I'm reading this thread with a big smile on my face. If anyone walks by, they will wonder what is so funny! You all are a riot!

I totally forgot about Skankfest! Dang! This morning, I dabbed on a bit of my sample of MFK Absolue Pour le Matin. Pretty, but definitely no skank there. Fortunately (or not), it has very little staying power (almost gone & it's only been about 3 hours)...so maybe I will bust out my reserves of Bal a Versailles! Yeah!

Basenotes Plus

I love me some skanky perfume! This thread has had me laughing out loud several times.
    I'll contribute my skankiest best in TDC's original Rose Poivree...the civet "monster". I love it!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I counted the samples-- 111 in all! (Whew!)
    When we figure out how to best handle these I'll post on ladies and men's boards to set up the groups.

See my post here for more detailed information and to give suggestions: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/261...=1#post1961141

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SOTD -Synchronized Friday The 15th of October 2010 - The Skankiest Fragrance You Own

Jaipur Pour Homme EDP.

Hello, all!

I missed you, last week I was on a trip to Germany and this week I was very very busy...

But tonight I managed to read all the sotd threads I missed and now I am joining wearing

Musc Ravageur.

Woo Hoo! I was in synch and didn't even know it!

Muscs Koublai Khan for me today.

From comfort (Un Bois Vanille) to naughty (MKK) in 24 hours. That's me!

summer means fireflys

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    The Odor-able Kitty or Pepe le Pew of my collection is Paco Rabanne La Nuit -- a sweet smell of civet, roses, civet, honey, civet and leather. I have to be in the mood to wear this one because most of my scents are predictably sweet, light and carefree. I will do it today for sync reasons and because I was thinking of it.

Got a story for you. Mr.T. (here we go again, he does not know much about fragrances despite my futile efforts) said a few years ago when I was wearing La Nuit: "Is is Kenzo Elephant?" First I was smitten that he knows that these two words go together and the whole concept of "Kenzo Elephant" and then replied: "No, it is Paco Rabanne, why?" He answered: "Because it smells like an elephant, I remember this scent from when I was with the circus" (which was over 30 years ago and neither fragrance existed yet). So, La Nuit is mighty strong, I s'pose.

I love La Nuit! So glad to see someone wearing it today. That's funny about your hubby calling it Elephant. Didn't Turin or someone call it "Tabu on a horse?" Maybe close

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    I love La Nuit! So glad to see someone wearing it today. That's funny about your hubby calling it Elephant. Didn't Turin or someone call it "Tabu on a horse?" Maybe close
    I love that... Tabu on a horse. Haven't smelled Tabu since my mom or grandmother wore it way back when. (wondering if they knew...???)

Note about my skankfest-inducing hairspray: It contains "white nectarine" and "pink coral flower" essences (allegedly natural, prunus persica nectarina fruit extracts and rusella equisetiformis flower/leaf/stem extract) along with "fragrance"... hmm. "Fragrance"... (no doubt, "fragrance" is in there, LOL. I guess that's the "Citrus" and "Sunset", that "fragrance.") Smells ever so slightly nectarine-ish in the bottle but once that genie's out, watch out! What it lacks in subtlety and blending it makes up for in massive sillage and longevity. (I guess the trend is to perfume all personal care products as heavily as possible so we don't "need" anything else?) Anyway. I'm taking it back to the store as it is deadly mixed with any other scent at all.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

VIP Room Signature -- leather for skank
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.