Code of Conduct

Question Are those matching deodorants that come with colognes any good?

Ok, I have long been wondering if those fancy looking deodorants that come in gift sets (or some times sold separate) with fragrances are any good. I am the type of person that loves to match. I know the deodorants like Old Spice and Brut usually work well, and sell better than the actual cologne it seems, but how about stuff like Stetson stick deodorant, or even polo, jovan, and Pino Silvestre? I know there are some amazing frags out there, and I know I love to match them all, but if the deodorants turn out to be total junk and I sweat right through...that defeats the purpose of matching. Also they are usually outrageously priced at like $5 to sometimes $20 American dollars. Before I spend the money I wana know if im guna be getting a good deal or not. So has anyone had any experience with these?

Default Re: Are those matching deodorants that come with colognes any good?

I cant comment as to the effectiveness of each of the scents you've specified, but I will say that I've had a great deal of success with the matching deodorant sprays (be they pump or aerosol). My experience is that these tend to help layer the fragrance more than the scented roll-ons and sticks.

Some are, some aren't.....personally, I don't think the deodorants are worth it. A few of the body washes, maybe more so for layering. Even then, I rarely use them

Get a good neutral or unscented underarm treatment that won't clash with your frag. One that works. I have little faith in those frag deodorants in stopping a man's natural scent from pushing it's presence into the airspace....

There have been threads on it so use your search function. Good luck.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

The main problem with the deodorants is that they are deodorants and not antiperspirants - they don't keep you dry.

Scent wise, the only one I ever thought was any good was the D&G Homme one, which was about half the strength of the EDT, and projected nicely. I can't say that any of the other ones I've tried had anything like its strength and sillage.

So, they're okay if you usually use deodorants (that stop the sweat breaking down and getting smelly). On the other hand, you can always get a better effect by using unscented antipersirants and spraying some EDT there.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    The main problem with the deodorants is that they are deodorants and not antiperspirants - they don't keep you dry.
    Where I live it's a lost cause anyway for most of the year. Even when the underarm antiperspirants do their job, the rest of the body still sweats - might as well deal with it from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    So, they're okay if you usually use deodorants (that stop the sweat breaking down and getting smelly).
    It's also important that the scent in the deodorant doesn't break down too

I've had good luck with English Leather and Grey Flannel. As far as a risk of clashing goes, it's not like leather, violet, and/or oakmoss are strangers to my regular rotation.

You have to try them to know unfortunately. My experience has been not good for the most part.

I tried some Issey when that was my daily frag and it was highly ineffective.

All of the matching deodorants I have are those hard deodorants in cylindrical containers. I've used Cool Water, Angel Men, and Zegna Intenso, all of the work decently enough. I've tried scentless deodorants and haven't had any luck so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Force of One View Post
    Some are, some aren't.....personally, I don't think the deodorants are worth it.
    Agree.

I will recommend the scent-free stick deodorant antiperspirant from LAB series. Excellent stuff! I use it every day.

I'm using a deodorant of Aqua di Gio. Very light, not even noticeable and it keeps me dry. :P I personally think it's a waste of money to match fragrances with deodorants.

I've picked up a bunch of deodorants with gift sets, and I think they've all been pretty good. I have Light Blue, Everlast, Bijan, and a few others. Yeah, I shop at Marshalls a lot

As far as 'clashing' is concerned, I don't worry about that, and always 'mix and match'. I think someone would have to stick their nose up your shirt to smell the deodorant over whatever else you are wearing at the moment.

Since it takes me a long time to use up a doedorant, I doubt I'd go out of my way to buy one unless it was just absolutely fantastic... and I don't know of any that are. Are there any fantastic dodorant products, or all they really worth about $5 bucks, no matter what?

If they can give me a good deal on a cologne with the matching deodorant (read: both the deodorant and the cologne cost as much as only the cologne in another store), I'm glad to take it.

For the rest, I think it's a waste of money.