Code of Conduct

Default Can anyone tell the difference between VC&A's Midnight in Paris edp vs. edt ?

So I finally decided there IS enough of a difference between Bvlgari Black and MIP to own both and picked up the edp last night at Neimans. They only had the edt tester so that's what I sprayed on my left wrist when I made my decision. Now I get home and spray the right wrist with the edp and it smells identical to me. I will say this morning the edp is slightly more "still there" than the edt. So is that the deal with this one? The edp is just longer lasting? It's strange because there's a world of difference between Guerlain's L'Instant edt and edp.

Default Re: Can anyone tell the difference between VC&A's Midnight in Paris edp vs. edt ?

The EdT has more citrus on top. The EdP is deeper and concentrates more on the base.
    This is a quick assessment from trying both at NM a couple of weeks ago.
    I hope I get to try them side by side soon, so I can decide which one I like the best for a FB
    Evenstar

Default Re: Can anyone tell the difference between VC&A's Midnight in Paris edp vs. edt ?

I tested both before buying the EDP, but only on paper, so this isn't a definitive answer. I got nowhere close to seeing what the drydown was like on the EDT.

I agree with arwen_elf that the EDT is a bit brighter and citrusy at first, but it's a small difference. After several minutes I had trouble detecting the EDT while the EDP was more obvious. The EDP from the beginning was stronger and more full bodied.

I guess since the difference in price is only 20 bucks between the edt and edp it would be a no brainer buying the edp. As I said, the edp did last longer but I couldn't tell any difference in the drydown.

Anyone else have any experience testing both edt vs edp out?

Didn't notice any difference at all prior to my purchase of the EDP.

I've only worn both in the cold weather. On my skin, the Eau de Toilette is lighter and only lasts around 4 hours, while the Eau de Parfum is thicker (amber note similar to Dior Homme's), has above average projection, and lasts at least 8 hours.

Double post.....lol
    Last edited by Pipsta; 16th June 2011 at 01:53 AM.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

I own the EDP and did a side by side with the EDT and EDP.

The EDP is more dense, a bit more powdery and lasts a hell of a long time. The rubber note is more noticeable on the EDT probably because it's not as dense and less powdery of a distraction from it.

They are pretty darn close, as close as companion EDP/EDTs as I have found in my limited experience. The EDT seems like it would be fine for warmer temps while the EDP just might be too thick for warmer temps. Both are very good in my opinion.

The similarity between Bulgari Black and MIP is only with that rubber note. BB is centered around the rubber note and is a masculine mucky frag with a hint of vanilla sweetness. MIP is more of a spicy scent with a hint of rubber note, could be considered more unisex of the two and it's dry down sweetness seems more like a custard than it does straight vanilla.

If I were to describe MIP I would call it like Dior Homme, minus the iris note, a dash of spice in it and a hint of Bulgari Black way underneath. But it's not exactly like either of those other two, just similarities in some ways.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Just received the EDT version, looking forward to getting home tonight and doing a side by side with my decant of the EDP i have. Took a quick spray here at work, and thus far they are VERY similiar, but not as rich/full bodied as i rembember the EDP being, but its been a while since i've worn it. Love this scent and imo, one of the best designer scents released in a long time...if this in fact considered designer.

Ddara has a fantastic deal on the EDT, i think i will buy it.

http://www.ddara.com/c-876-daily-deal.aspx

I have tried the EDP and its pretty good and last pretty long, but the price is 100+ while the EDT here is 3x cheaper.
    I think i can overspray (15 sprays) and have the same effect as the EDP, right?

Have an EDT of MIP if anyone is interested in swap/sell.

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Ddara has a fantastic deal on the EDT, i think i will buy it.

http://www.ddara.com/c-876-daily-deal.aspx

I have tried the EDP and its pretty good and last pretty long, but the price is 100+ while the EDT here is 3x cheaper.
    I think i can overspray (15 sprays) and have the same effect as the EDP, right?
    That really was a great deal! I picked up the 2.5 for roughly the same price from FragranceX.

(I know I sound like a commercial) but I'm pretty happy you turned me onto Ddara. some solid deals for the DOTD, and a few rarer fragrances come their way.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

I only own the EDP. I can't remember the difference back when I tested them. I sure do like it though.

I just received my 4.2 yesterday and this is up there with some of my favorites already. Great deals right now on the EDT and im not convinced that the EDP is any better.

I'll probably blind buy the EdP.....This is one that I want to purchase by the end of this year!!!
    Gary

I've only worn mine once since I got it. It actually reminds me more of Escada Magnetism and Armani Code than anything else. I'll wear it again Friday and see what I think. I don't get the Bvlgari Black reference yet. I will say my wife really digs it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I've only worn mine once since I got it. It actually reminds me more of Escada Magnetism and Armani Code than anything else. I'll wear it again Friday and see what I think. I don't get the Bvlgari Black reference yet. I will say my wife really digs it.
    Wow, all of this is great news to me. I was hoping it will fill the Magnetism "void" in my collection (I used to own it, and sold it for some reason). In the meantime Magnetism became some rarity and a bit pricy online - like most Escada fragrances are going towards.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

The EDP has an incensy vibe. It just lingers on my skin for hours and hours.

Doing close sprays of the EDP on my neck's pulse points makes it last 12+ hours.

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    I'll probably blind buy the EdP.....This is one that I want to purchase by the end of this year!!!
    Gary
    Even though I never recommend blind buys of pricey fragrances, this one definitely leans heavily towards the "safe" side.

EDP smells "thicker" or "heavier" and less citrusy notes. To me most edp versions are like this. The heavier notes come through right at the beginning instead of taking 30 min.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Basenotes Junkie

EDT or EDP if you only had to choose one? Btw, both are around same price on ebay.

I just got the EDP version on fragrancenet for $48!

Quote Originally Posted by Vince23heat View Post
    EDT or EDP if you only had to choose one? Btw, both are around same price on ebay.
    EDP for me; it's just perfect for that NYC fall/winter seasons. For the warmer seasons, a similar but lighter scent that I'd wear would be Bvlgari Black.

I need to retest the edt since i got a bottle of the edp last week and i love it.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Dependent

I would guess its the edp though. Ive tried both side by side in the past but definitely preferred the edp. And i own one currently
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

I have a 125ml of the EDP about 95% full if anyone is interested in a swap.

Banned
    Blog Entries

midnight in paris is sweeter and more powdery than bulgari black. it is more unisex.

midnight in paris, imo, is both the safer and the better scent.