Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default Anyone familiar with 'George V' by Hermes?

I remember reading in this article that was posted on BN a while ago, about the fragrance George V, that Hermes made only 900 bottles of and gave out for free to celebrate the gala reopening of the company's boutique just off the Champs-Elysées in Paris - in September 2006 (see the label on the bottle below, the date is printed on it).

In addition, when the newest Hermessence: Brin de Reglisse was released it was rumoured that BdR shared the same smell as George V, except that George V lasted longer (BdR has quite horrible longevity...I went thru a bottle extremely fast because I had to over apply it).

However, I never hear anyone mention it on Basenotes. Did anyone reading this get to smell the George V and care to comment? Anyone smell both it and the BdR?

Last edited by mikeperez23; 12th April 2008 at 01:02 AM.

Default Re: Anyone familiar with 'George V' by Hermes?

I have tried to acquire a sample of this exclusive fragrance but haven't been successful so far. Is Ellena the nose?
    -

Looks like it smells gorgeous.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    I have tried to acquire a sample of this exclusive fragrance but haven't been successful so far. Is Ellena the nose?
    Oh yes.

George V is really similar to Brin de Reglisse. I was lucky to found, an year ago, a bottle of this one, used and without cap, at ebay, and ending buying it for a bargain price. It seems like a more balanced and long lasting version of Brin de Reglisse. It has less licorice and the lavender is more in focus. The combination of lavender and licorice here has the same, fresh, tea-like aura of Caron Eau de Reglisse.

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    The combination of lavender and licorice here has the same, fresh, tea-like aura of Caron Eau de Reglisse.
    Sorry to go off topic on this old thread, but the wonderful Eau de Reglisse is so under appreciated. Perhaps it has something to do with its too-tall-Tammy bottle that is way too easy to knock over.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    George V is really similar to Brin de Reglisse. I was lucky to found, an year ago, a bottle of this one, used and without cap, at ebay, and ending buying it for a bargain price. It seems like a more balanced and long lasting version of Brin de Reglisse. It has less licorice and the lavender is more in focus. The combination of lavender and licorice here has the same, fresh, tea-like aura of Caron Eau de Reglisse.
    Wonderful. Thanks for confirming what I'd read rickbr.