Code of Conduct

Default guys! i have a tip for you?

hey guys!
    I have been asking many questions from your guys but today i have a tip for you. Last night while i was listening to a Television grooming show, i heard this tip for men.
    Its for those guys who are in habit of applying gels and mousse to their hair.
    You are putting your hair in major risk especially if you leave these products in your hair all night.
    So do not forget to wash off your hair before going to bed to avoid any more damage.

DeepSilence

Default Re: guys! i have a tip for you?

Thanks a lot PerfumeGoddess for informations.

But they then say washing hair too much weakens it?

Best advice: don't use that stuff at all. It's kind of tacky and out-of-style these days.

Still, if you must, I agree: get rid of it at bedtime. Especially if you're sleeping with someone you, um, like alot.

What they basically say is: don't use product or wash your hair every evening.

1) I use product to style my hair, otherwise I would have a terrible out of bed look
    2) Washing your hair on a daily basis is considered to be not healthy for your hair at all.
    Acqua di Gi is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

I don't think there's any scientific basis for not washing your hair daily. Granted using standard soap or harsh chemicals can cause damage but normal daily washing with standard shampoo's is healthy for hair especially if you're in warmer climates, use hair products or are very active.

Anyway thanks for the tip PerfumeGoddess

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond Hume View Post
    2) Washing your hair on a daily basis is considered to be not healthy for your hair at all.
    Exactly, I know a guy who only shampoos his hair twice a year. You'd think he'd have horrible greasy hair, but no, he has incredibly soft and very healthy looking hair.

Thanks for the heads up.

I often leave my hair styling wax in over night. I'll wash it out more often now, or at least rinse my hair in the basin before bed after a long night when a shower would wake up the family.

I don't wash my hair often so thats all fine as well.

i agree with this. and in most cases you won't need shampoo to wash it out. if you use shampoo, use so much/little that it barely foams, that should be enough. standard drugstore shampoos aren't good for your hair at all. some expensive brands are not as bad (but some are, too).

personally, i don't wear gels etc. i do use leave in conditioners and such things, but nothing that hardens, greases or looks unnatural. i think that hair gel can make people look like a teenager sometimes, and that it looks only good in a few cases.

I unzip my hair, sling it in the washing machine on 'Woollens' and hang it on my bedpost to dry overnight. Sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    Best advice: don't use that stuff at all. It's kind of tacky and out-of-style these days.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Agree.
    Disagree, LOL! If you have the kind of hair that does something great naturally, I am very happy for you. Not being sarcastic - that is great. But if your hair looks better with a little product in it, just be happy you live in a time and place where there is such a variety of products to choose from. Without product I have a frizz bomb, tumbleweed, halloween wig head of hair. But when I scrunch in gel and let it dry, magazine-worthy waves that gather compliments every day! I am thankful for the hair products for myself and do not disdain their use by men.