Default SOTD: Saturday 16th October 2010

Morning everyone!
    Its a brilliant spring day in Perth, and Im wearing:

Have a safe and happy weekend!

Default Re: SOTD: Saturday 16th October 2010

Myrrhe Ardente by Annick Goutal

Blog Entries

I'm seeing in the new day still at my computer, and still wearing my aromatherapy type pendant sprayed with Penhaligon's Bluebell. I sprayed it 12 hours ago and it's going strong.

Happy Saturday Everybody

Quel Amour by Annick Goutal for me

LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Hello all. Wearing Chergui today.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Have a great weekend everyone !.

Good morning!

Good morning. Very cold October Saturday here.
    I'm still in my project "finnishing the J'adore bottle".

Sur la Plage

Good morning everyone! The dogs and I are participating in the SPCA Pet Walk this morning. My SOTD is Yves Saint Laurent - Kouros Fraicheur and theirs is Oh My Dog!. Have a great day!

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

L'Heure Bleue for me today.

Going to a matinée performance of Rigoletto at the opera in an hour or so, in Habanita.

Hello everyone!

I'm up way to early this morning because of a naughty, naughty little girl kitty! I can't believe people ever deliberately get up this early - I had forgotten that there's a 5:00 in the a.m., too! But at least this gives me the opportunity to get another fragrance into my day. My scent of the wee small hours of the morning (also known, of course, as sotwshotm) is L'Or de Torrente.

Y'all have a great day!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Plus

I woke with a fierce craving for Angel, so Angel it is today.

Enjoy the day, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Saturday 16th October 2010

Gilles Romey ' s

R O C A B A R

( Original version )

H E R M È S
    P A R I S
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Having missed skanky friday, I am now in the whip cracking Tabac Blond...got some work to do today and this will help me get it done with a bit of fun
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Basenotes Plus

Happy Saturday everyone! It's a perfect fall day here in Minnesota,
    sunny with bright blue skies, I just love this time of year.
    My SotD is Sublime by Jean Patou.

Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Good morning everyone! The dogs and I are participating in the SPCA Pet Walk this morning. My SOTD is Yves Saint Laurent - Kouros Fraicheur and theirs is Oh My Dog!. Have a great day!
    Nice! (How are the pups taking to their very own EDT?)

I'm thinking about...breaking into the samples I figured out I've somehow lost labels for (or rubbed off out of stupidly not taping over the sharpie name) and having a little detective-like fun. Yesterday's mystery which turned out to be Fumerie Turque got me wondering how many others I've done that to! So... going to rummage in samples, will be back with SOMETHING SMELLY-GOOD on!

Back, with Coromandel on one hand (no mistaking the sweet vanilla-patchouli-incense-airiness in this one!) and what I believe is a teensy bit of vintage Poison (one from our dear Duck...er..Le Grand Duc) on the other. Smelly good is right! And the new Poison smells like bug spray mixed with grape Koolaid by comparison.
    Last edited by actiasluna; 16th October 2010 at 03:24 PM.
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Happy Saturday everyone! it's a beautiful crisp fall day here and I'm in the mood for Coco and nothing else will do today.
    Happiness is a summer breeze, sand between your toes, and your family by your side.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Viktor & Rolfe Antidote this glorious morning!
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Petruccijc, enjoy your walk and your nice smelling doggies - and you smell pretty darn good yourself! What a wonderful cause.
    Ms E, you may be able to fit in a third fragrance today, known as Sotnt (scent of the nap time)!
    I'm off to turn in my leased car, having already gone through the dreaded and painful buying of the new car. Actually, it wasn't really that painful, which just means that I paid too much
    My scent today is Bois 1920 Sushi Imperiale, which I have been loving this time of year. Cinnamon!!! Wheeeee!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Still skanky -- layering rubbery Bulgari Black with Lucy B Pink Frangipani to approximate yesterday's VIP Room.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Today's current scent is Un Bois Vanille, so that I'll have something lovely and comforting to smell every 3 minutes when I cough into my elbow.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

I hate missing Fridays here - rarely on the computer then as I'm at home or doing errands. I do so adore skank!

Catching up on wearing ambers this weekend. Today is Ambre Russe, stolen from my hubby's cache.

Evangeline, my kitty is banished at night to the utility room, as she has a tendency to curl up on my head in the middle of the night. I love her, but geez...

Have a beautiful weekend!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

I'm wearing the delicious Habanita today. I recently sold some of my wardrobe and used a little of the cash to acquire this and Imperial Opoponax. I don't regret it at all. My wardrobe was full of scents I'd acquired from others but hadn't chosen, or had chosen back when I was too new at perfumes to really know what I liked. Habanita is so me it's unreal!

Next stop, Keiko Mecheri's Mulholland! Should manage that with another sale next month. Or, I might save it for a Jalaine. Who knows!

Hope you're all well! xxx I missed the forum this week - laid out with flu. No point wearing perfumes when you can't smell anything. Thank heavens things are back to normal today!

Erdem SS11

Floating on my favourite concoction - Penhaligon's Lily & Spice with an unbranded Lily Flower attar. The Lily & Spice is just too smooth and well behaved sometimes, and the attar adds a touch of obnoxiously enjoyable fleshy wintergreen back in.
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Joining Petra Ichor in lily today...Donna Karan Gold edp for me today. I get a lot of acacia in it as well. It smells very rich and sweet, with a touch of bitterness at the heart. It is so very well done, this fragrance. I love it, though I seldom wear it. I suppose the weather is right now. It has turned cooler though still golden with sunshine. My favorite kind of day!

Smell Bent One.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Nice to see lots of Habanita out there this past week!

Just got back from shopping for clothes (in a ... cough... little bigger size. Gotta love middle-age)... and I made the "mistake" of wandering by the perfume counters... ended up with the 'lemming' from last week, Chanel Platinum Egoiste pour Homme 100 ml EDT, and quite happy about it. As I "scored" with 30% off already-on-sale fall clothes, I felt good about that and needed to give myself a treat for a two month long project that was finished successfully yesterday (FINALLY!)...I think I'm a little nuts for the marketed-to-masculine scents and PE was on my mind since my trip to ULTA last week. No more scent purchases for me until Christmas! So now I'm "layered" with the Coromandel from this morning, a few teensy test spritzes (Midnight Poison, Alien neither of which sang to me though I did enjoy MP from a sample earlier in the year) and Platinum Egoiste. Fragrantly ready for my lawn work!
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Basenotes Plus

SotE -

Yesterday I was more stinky than skanky -- I mixed EL Knowing with L'A Dzing! It seemed like a good idea at the time. . . .
    Today I am in AL China Pearl. Nice, light, linear, and definitely not stinky. Have a great day and take care, all!

Blog Entries

I'm up for trying something new today: my sample of Versace Versense (which the nice SA at Macy's allowed me to decant into my own sample atomizer.)

edit: A scrubber! The musk will get me every time. Blecch.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 16th October 2010 at 06:50 PM.

Petra, seeing your catwalk picture I thought "Cabotine" by Mme Gres, but noooooooo, it was Penhaligon's!

E., I wonder why do I like your whole fragrance row this week? You do not know? Or, you do not even want to know you say?

Was rushed in the morning, put on whatever was in my purse. And in my purse was a brand new sample of Etro Vicolo Fiori still attached to the card from my UK BN friend.

In honor of today's intense Nebraska - Texas game (the result of which will either put me over the moon or sink me into a deep depression for at least a week), I am in ELdO's Divin' Enfant today.

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My SotD was Annick Goutal VANILLE EXQUISE

My SotE is MUSC RAVAGEUR

Spot the theme. I could eat myself.
    Reformulation without information is fraud. Call the police.

I have spent the day in Traversee au Bosphore and will switch to Bois d'Armenie for the theatre tonight.

SotE - Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille, from a sample. I'm so glad the weather's turning cooler.

I'm wearing EL Pure White Linen yet again. I can't resist.

I'm wearing SL Boxeuses today.

Happy weekend everyone!

This afternoon I am in Femme again. The skanky Fri. has yet to wear off. It may last all weekend!

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by devilcat View Post
    L'Heure Bleue for me today.
    Quote Originally Posted by tdem1961 View Post
    I woke with a fierce craving for Angel, so Angel it is today.
    Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    vintage Poison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Therese View Post
    ... will switch to Bois d'Armenie for the theatre tonight.
    Wow, there are some good smelling ladies in the house today! Mmm!

SotE Yesterday - Jaïpur Homme
    SotD - Jaïpur Homme
    SotE - Fahrenheit Absolute

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Duc, can we have another dirty Friday soon? Pretty please?

Well, Sunnyfunny, this year is all booked up,
    but yesterday was one of the better synchs,
    so we'll deffinately have one again next year.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SOTD: Saturday 16th October 2010

Omnia by Bulgari.

Basenotes Plus

I'm still not over the dang flu that hit me real hard on Thursday but today's thread is really lifting my mood:

Scent of the wee small hours of the morning??? Scent of the nap time??? Oh my dog EDT! Priceless!

And love for Habanita, L'Or de Torrente and DK Gold, too.

I'm back in the saddle scent-wise after not being able to handle any Thurs and Fri in my "new" Detechma Parfum de Toilette. This stuff is divine... and only two reviews here...very strange.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

scent of the evening is......... Poison, after 20 years I've worked up enough courage to sniff this again (overdid it in 89-90) and well........I'm back.
    The Duc must be happy
    Happiness is a summer breeze, sand between your toes, and your family by your side.

Purple Label by RL
    Gary

Prescriptives Calyx

Hey y'all -

The nap wasn't so succesful, but I smelled good in Coromandel (my sotnt, of course) which made me think of you, miss cello!

Now I'm almost ready for bed in my sote, a beautiful powdery cloud of Teint de Neige.

Twolf - Of course I'd like to know! I have no idea - they don't seem to follow a pattern...or do they?
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

GIT tonight.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

E., most of them are my all time favorites, that's why!

In Coriandre, EdT and body lotion from 30R, feeling good.

Sorry about the game, extremeKF! But my DH is a Longhorn -- so he was happy, which makes me happy!
    Sounds like flu and cold season... I hope that those of you afflicted feel better soon!

My sotd was Bois des Iles... Sote is The Unicorn Spell, from a sample. I should have reversed these... The Chanel felt too dressy for errands and gardening! The Unicorn is on my FB wish list -- this green violet has cast a spell on ME.

SotE: Idole de Lubin.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Popping in to say hello to all.

Today, well as of now truly yesterday, I wore;

SotD Rochas Absolue
    SotA Millot Crêpe de Chine

and now I am wearing LeLong Indiscret (vintage)

Hope the rest of the weekend will be fragrant and wonderful for all.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Hillaire

Nice to see you, Brielle. Nice to dream myself into your fragrances again!

My Sotd was vintage Lancome Envol, and tonight I am wearing Knowing, which is beginning to be a habit!

Hi, Brielle! It's nice to see you.
    So sorry that some of you have suffered with the flu.
    Today I recovered from Filthy Friday by going scentless for the day (cleaned the carport), and then choosing Eau de Campagne for a nice clean SotE. Ahhh...

Blog Entries

Shalimar by Guerlain..........................after 5.