Code of Conduct

Default New Sample: Woah!

A sudden itch in my bellybutton and I have to scratch it. Woah, woah woah - I've got to stop neglecting this little recess during my shower time, it seems there's a hefty dose of lint trapped within.

I pull out the itchy culprit and inspect it. What is this? It's not lint, but a balloon. A mottled balloon; primarily green but flecked with specks of brown and purple. Just how did that get in there?! As I bring this oddity to eye level to inspect it my nostrils are teased by the odor of patchouli.

With child-like curiosity I begin to inflate the balloon. There's a tingling sensation in my mouth, and with each breath the sensation grows until finally it has engulfed my tongue and cheeks. I don't know it now, but there's a bouquet of violets stuck in my vanilla chiclet teeth and my uvula is actually a piece of smoldering opoponax resin.

The once dark green mottled balloon grows and grows. I'm not sure if the balloon's rubber has stretched so thin that it has simply disappeared or if it has mysteriously transmogrified into the denser hazy green smoke that encapsulates the swirling currents of opoponax smoke and violet breath within. I continue to blow and it continues to expand until my head is completely engulfed; like an old diving helmet but rendered not with copper or brass but patchouli and opoponax and violets and vanilla instead. A vaporous helmet fit not for an aquanaut but a psychonaut.

The intoxicating aroma of my new headgear assuages any fears of absurdity that had begun to arise. With my newfound confidence I gaze back into the navel that gave birth to the whole of this experience and find neither flesh nor flora, but instead a gaping expanse of velvety white clouds that extend into infinity, each perfectly shaped into the likeness of a patchouli leaf...

...My toes reflexively curl as if to grab hold of the shag carpet beneath my feet for a bit of extra stability as I come down for a landing. I open my eyes and gaze about, slowly adjusting to the surroundings that my body never actually left, and wonder just how long and just where to my mind has been traveling. Gently clutched in my left hand is a sample of Nombril Immense.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 3rd January 2012 at 10:41 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Default Re: New Sample: Trip Report

To tired to read it all right now. Been using a fragrance called Speed for some time now. ;-)

Sounds interesting so far.

Blog Entries

Default Re: New Sample: Woah!

I'll have what you're smoking!
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    A sudden itch in my bellybutton and I have to scratch it. Woah, woah woah - I've got to stop neglecting this little recess during my shower time, it seems there's a hefty dose of lint trapped within.

I pull out the itchy culprit and inspect it. What is this? It's not lint, but a balloon. A mottled balloon; primarily green but flecked with specks of brown and purple. Just how did that get in there?! As I bring this oddity to eye level to inspect it my nostrils are teased by the odor of patchouli.

With child-like curiosity I begin to inflate the balloon. There's a tingling sensation in my mouth, and with each breath the sensation grows until finally it has engulfed my tongue and cheeks. I don't know it now, but there's a bouqet of violets stuck in my vanilla chiclet teeth and my uvula is actually a piece of smoldering opoponax resin.

The once dark green mottled balloon grows and grows. I'm not sure if the balloon's rubber has stretched so thin that it has simply disappeared or if it has mysteriously transmogrified into the denser hazy green smoke that encapsulates the swirling currents of opoponax smoke and violet breath within. I continue to blow and it continues to expand until my head is completely engulfed; like a diving helmet but rendered not with copper or brass but patchouli and opoponax and violets and vanilla instead. A vaporous helmet fit not for an aquanaut but a psychonaut.

The intoxicating aroma of my new headgear assuages any fears of absurdity that had begun to arise. With my newfound confidence I gaze back into the navel that gave birth to the whole of this experience and find neither flesh nor flora, but instead a gaping expanse of velvety white clouds that extend into infinity, each perfeclty shaped like a patchouli leaf...

...My toes reflexively curl as if to grab hold of the shag carpet beneath my feet for a bit of extra stability as I come down for a landing. I open my eyes and gaze about, slowly adjusting to the surroundings that my body never actually left, and wonder just how long and just where to my mind has been traveling. Gently clutched in my left hand is a sample of Nombril Immense.
    Marijuana is bad for your health

SculptureOfSoul = SOS?

Basenotes Plus

Where's puddlemonkey? Maybe he can translate....

Damn you mentioned it at the end! Halfway through I was dying to shout ELDO NOMBRIL OH YES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    Marijuana is bad for your health
    Haven't touched the stuff since I went through a brief experimental phase during my college-aged years! I assure you I was not on anything when I wrote this - except a strange sort of creative inspiration. I barely even drink these days; 2 - maybe 3 - beers and I'm tipsy!

I just thought a suitably strange review is befitting a hippie-ish (ok, it's way too nice and clean to be full-on hippie!) patchouli scent from a suitably strange house!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Quote Originally Posted by forfreddie View Post
    Damn you mentioned it at the end! Halfway through I was dying to shout ELDO NOMBRIL OH YES!!!

I suppose I should have excluded it altogether - having done so would have left even more people scratching their heads. Except you, that is!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    i'll have what you're smoking!
    lol!

Thanks for that very creative review! Love your use of color and texture.

I haven't gotten to any ELDO's yet, but I hope to soon. Nombril and Eloge in particular.
    “I wanna say something. I’m gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you don’t, send it right back…."

Nice review, not technical, trully inspiring. Yes, scents can make your imagination fly without the need of substances legal or illegal. Congrats!

Haha, funny review. Makes me think of a Bjork video. Never smelled this fragrance,but I WANT to now!

Nombril Immense
    You should have left it out.

I feel like I'm reading badly-translated Ionesco. Sorry SOS, you lost me.

Nice way of describing what I would have defined as "strange, but immensely pleasant"

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    I'll have what you're smoking!
    LOL for sure.....I must say that I missed the train or something.....Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    I feel like I'm reading badly-translated Ionesco. Sorry SOS, you lost me.
    Hilarious. Ionesco yikes!
    What do you call people that are afraid of Santa Claus?

Claustrophobic

Banned

we need an Ash video to accompany this ...

Basenotes Institution

Oh now I have to find my sample of this and wear it.

Great review SOS!
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Blog Entries

Encore! Encore!

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    Nice review, not technical, trully inspiring. Yes, scents can make your imagination fly without the need of substances legal or illegal. Congrats!
    Thanks! Most of my reviews tend to be technical - many might say overly so. I tend to analyze scents in a deconstructionist method, to help me in my own perfumery work and to understand the thought process of the perfumer as they were creating it (as much as one can from this vantage point). I often find the ideas contained within a scent and the clever use of bridge notes or smoothing notes or the way a perfumer works a texture here or there to be just as beautiful and inspiring as the final, whole product.

That being said, I do want to step away from that a bit as I find that I often do miss the forest for the trees. Sometimes it's just more fun to let yourself be taken away by a scent with no need or desire to analyze it. More than that, I'm going to try and write whatever review the scent inspires from me, be that technical or otherwise. Trying to fit every scent into some pre-determined review format just doesn't work for me.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!