Code of Conduct

Default Best Customer Service/Delivery Times?

Hi

I've been having lots of problems recently with sellers/delivery and wondered if any of you had similar issues.
    I had a splurge about 3 weeks ago and ordered from 3 different countries/sellers on the same day.
    1. I've been waiting for samples from les senteurs (London) now for 3 weeks now, they confirmed they were sent but they're not replying to my emails (3) about being lost in the post and sending a replacement order.
    2. I'm still also waiting for an item from Belgium which was posted over 10 days ago.
    3. However, the samples i ordered from "first in fragrance" (Germany, so the furthest away from me) arrived in 5 working days!

And 6 months ago i ordered from an online shop based in the UK called "Perfume Power" i think and even though item was in stock it took 2 weeks just to process my order.

Am i being impatient or is this typical in fragrance mail-ordering?
    Any similar experiences out there?

Default Re: Best Customer Service/Delivery Times?

Sorry, i also meant to ask in your opinion which sellers/houses give the best service and quick delivery?

I've ordered from CheapSmells, which typically take about 2-3 days to ship from the moment they're processed (which is usually pretty quick). Not the fastest, but it's good enough.

I've been a bit worried though, because people say the reason they have such cheap prices is because their stock is really old.

Basenotes Plus

Cheapsmells.com.
    Supaperfume.com
    Escentual.com

All of the above have demonstrated excellent service in my experience - any stock I have been sent has been absolutely fine and swiftly shipped.
    Les Senteurs only ship twice a week as far as I know and they are not overly quick at responding to emails. I rarely use them.

From personal experience

Escentual 2 to 3 days max and its free - kudos to them
    Harrods 5 working days they also offer next day for 12 !!!
    Liberty 5 working days
    Harvey Nichols 4 working days
    Fascination Perfumery 3 weeks with zero communication !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With regard to Les Senteurs , I have never had an email reply from them , ever . And although they do offer an adequate service , its certainly not the best and they really could do with dropping the " we are doing you a huge favour " high and mighty attitude , Im sorry but thats how I find them
    Last edited by Pour_Monsieur; 16th October 2010 at 01:25 PM.

Well, many sellers from the UK are "weird"... it's seems they still "have a hard time" with email and so forth. I usually phone and order then. I was in for a real surprise with Fascination Perfumery... ordered on Thursday and delivered on Monday (from the UK to Austria), generous with samples. Les Senteurs did send me an email about the availability of a sample and added extra extras for compensation.
    Hermes deliveries from Germany are a real drama... up to 2 (!!) weeks (to Austria).