Code of Conduct

Default Random Fragrance Challenges

Have you ever set yourself a scent challenge?

Like going without applying a fragrance for a week or maybe a month - just to clear your senses so maybe you can appreciate the smell of a good frag when you come after a week?

Or perhaps wearing a fragrance you hate for a week just to see if it can turn you around?

Default Re: Random Fragrance Challenges

I have done similar things...

For example when I am fasting, I don't wear fragrance, its part of denying myself any pleasures. Thant said, I have never fasted for a week, let alone a month!

To clear my senses, I find that swimming helps, and you do have to submerge for many minutes.

I have worn a lot of fragrances I did not like for 2 or 3 dyas, just to see exactly what were they thinking. It can be torture though.

Good questions.
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

Yes, knowing full well I didn't like it, I bought a bottle of Bulgari Black just because it's a highly rated fragrance (& was cheap in TKMaxx !) The challenge was that I would "learn" to like it, or at least appreciate it.

I've failed the challenge -still don't "get" it or like it ! I've learnt that there is no point in my trying too hard to like something, just because it has a great reputation. Different strokes etc...

No...to me that would be trying to prove something to myself....about the closest thing I have donw is limited my collection to a dirty dozen fragrances that I really like, mostly just to have higher enjoyment and save money.

Sur la Plage

No.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

For me, just going all the way through my whole rotation is a challenge of discipline. While doing so, I reclassify the scents in their families if I feel they deserve it, I refresh my memory of which ones I like the most, and I pick out ones that I might chuck. I try to give the ones that I'm about to get rid of a few days of wear to really identify what I don't like about it, and write a review for the site. I've never tried to "learn to like" a fragrance as Indigo described.

Quote Originally Posted by Force of One View Post
    No...to me that would be trying to prove something to myself....about the closest thing I have donw is limited my collection to a dirty dozen fragrances that I really like, mostly just to have higher enjoyment and save money.
    Yeah this is what I'm doing. I'm selling a lot of the fragrances I don't truly enjoy. It's one of those things where I think, "but what if in awhile, you crave it again!" I'm pretty much convinced that I could get rid of them though. I prefer selling them and getting ones I know I love, instead of ones I'm pretty sure I like.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking