Code of Conduct
    fountain

Default smoke and beads edt

hi guys, intrigued as i've been by powerhouse guru shamu1's thread devoted to smoke and beads patchouli edt (http://www.saintcharlesshave.com/edt.asp), pls tell us more about this interesting frag that can be had at 15 dollars.

fountain

Default Re: smoke and beads edt

?????

AromiErotici

This is shamu1's review on this fragrance.

Here's another good scent for all you patchouliheads out there. Smoke and Beads is about as obscure as a fragrance gets, produced by a tiny online company in Missouri called Saint Charles Shave. I heard about SCS from Badger and Blade, a website for wetshaving enthusiasts, and SCS is a company that caters to that crowd. They have several in-house made fragrances, aftershaves and shaving soaps, and apparently Smoke and Beads is their big stonking patchouli fragrance.

I can't say this represents the finest in perfume craftsmanship, as this is an incredibly simple and straightforward fragrance, but it should certainly satisfy any patchouli nut. I found it disappointing for the first half hour or so because it smells like fig or some other fruity nonsense is blended in with the patchouli. When I want patchouli, I want it straight up and potent. Luckily these silly fruit notes do fade away after a half hour, and you're left with almost all patchouli. It's nice and strong, and has an earthy smell reminiscent of wet soil. Aside from the fading of the fig, this scent is totally linear, with just a touch of sandalwood and musk in the base to give it a slightly sweet powdery backdrop, and to prevent this from smelling totally rude.

What strikes me most about Smoke and Beads is how powerful it is. The sillage this thing pumps out is borderline embarrassing. Before you start actually wearing this on a regular basis, I recommend that you do a one-spritz sample wearing for an entire day, just so you'll see how strong this is. Its strength isn't too impressive when you first spray it, as it smells more like a fruity herbal scent. But just wait. This thing actually increases in intensity the longer it stays on your skin, and by hour two, it's ready to bring down the house. I sprayed a teeny quarter spritz to my wrist this morning, and I literally could still smell this eight hours later without having to lift my wrist near my nose. It's now 12.5 hours after I spritzed my wrist, and I can still smell this banging away as I write this review. I should also add that the atomizer lets out deep, full sprays, so just one spritz will give your skin a soaking. I couldn't imagine applying more than two full sprays of this juice on any one day.

Though its not creative or particularly well constructed, Smoke and Beads is sure to satisfy any patchouli maniac. What I love about it is how anti-establishment it is in terms of both aroma and strength. You will definitely stand out wearing Smoke and Beads. It's not the most raunchy or aggressive patchouli I've ever smelled, but it is far from conservative or discreet. I would never wear this to a business meeting. This is for patchouli fans only.

MY RATING: 7.5/10 shamu1

fountain

thank you AromiErotici. i've been so busy, the review section slipped my mind completely

fountain

'Its strength isn't too impressive when you first spray it, as it smells more like a fruity herbal scent. But just wait. This thing actually increases in intensity the longer it stays on your skin...]' shamu1 is saying.

just like giorgio, it seems.