Code of Conduct

Default if I like Givenchy Xeryus Rouge....

So, I do like Givenchy Xeryus Rouge. I am very new to this and to my delight I really do like this scent.

What else might I like based on me liking this?

Would this be good for a date?

Thanks in advance

Default Re: if I like Givenchy Xeryus Rouge....

On the H&R charts Xeryus Rouge is classified as an ambery fougere, and to me it's a fruity ambery fougere scent. Similar styled ones include Mambo for Men, Dali's Laguna, Dunhill's Desire.
    Renato

I like xeryus rouge too. You'll definitely like Vera Wang for Men (woody smell, I really enjoy this one)

Though the following do not have exactly the same notes (smells) you will like them,
    - Versace Blue Jeans (cheap but good)
    - Versace pour homme (clean smell, like you've had a shower and used a really nice smelling shower gel and shampoo)
    - Prada pour homme (clean, really fresh smell)
    - Dolce & Gabbana pour homme (pleasant fruity smell)

DO NOT BUY Davidoff Hot Water, even though you may think it's nice at first you will come to hate it. Same with Boss in Motion
    Last edited by Litefooted; 5th November 2010 at 09:43 PM.

I recently spent some time trying to get to know this one myself. I find it quite unique, so I don't know if I can really recommend similar scents. My understanding is that a lot of women like this one, but being so different, that is certainly no guarentee that your date will like this. I guess I would say that similar scents would probably be something quite sweet and a bit fruity. Hugo Boss Energise also has a kumquat note, so that may be worth looking into. Cool Water Deep has that cactus note, but it's not one of my personal favorites. If you like Xerrus Rouge, you may want to try it though.

Xeryus Rouge is a unique and interesting fragrance. I like it ,and have found that I like other unique and interesting fragrances that don't necessarily smell like Xeryus Rouge. You might want to try Bulgari Black for an interesting rubber note, or the inexpensive Jacomo Rouge for a sweet red licorice fragrance, or the niche fragrance by Andy Tauer L'Air du Desert Morocain for a fragrance that smells like the desert at night in Morocco. The list of interesting fragrances is long and fun to explore.
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Dunhill Pursuit.

Of course it would be fine for a date, especially because you like it.

Another vote for Bulgari Black -- it's in my top five. Skirting the edge, but I would suggest YSL M7 as well.
    "You just keep me hangin' on." -- Farewell, Lou.